Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

joining the military

Old 10-31-2011, 10:51 AM   #61
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
If it weren't for a mistake I made in the past, I'd consider joining the Navy.

Good luck with everything!
Old 11-02-2011, 04:46 AM   #62
Finally made it - U.S. Army Retired
cakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police
cakmakli's Tacoma Gallery
Of course the Coast Guard is part of the military. It is silly to say they are not. And for most of my 26 years in the Army while we trained, trained, trained, and trained some more, the Coast Guard was doing a real world mission every day - day in and day out.

And they can be stationed overseas. When I was stationed in Turkey in the late 80's there were a Coast Guard Detachment stationed there.

As someone else posted though, don't expect the Coast Guard Recruiter to chase after you. You have to be really proactive. The down side to going Coast Guard though is that you are not guaranteed a job when you join. When you finish Basic you report to your duty stationed where you are non-rated. You then sign up for what school you want and qualify for and wait for a school date. Depended on what you sign up for, you can wait awhile.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:10 AM   #63
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakmakli View Post
As someone else posted though, don't expect the Coast Guard Recruiter to chase after you. You have to be really proactive. The down side to going Coast Guard though is that you are not guaranteed a job when you join. When you finish Basic you report to your duty stationed where you are non-rated. You then sign up for what school you want and qualify for and wait for a school date. Depended on what you sign up for, you can wait awhile.
I emailed a recruiter a couple years ago about the CG. Never heard back. Decided to stay public sector instead. Sometimes I wonder what it would have been like to be in the military.

OP. Do some personal research, and decide what's best for you. What do you want to get out of joining the military? What do you want to do afterwards? That's is how to decide where to enlist.
Old 11-20-2011, 10:11 AM   #64
newertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: electronics tech
Name: Kevin
newertoy's Tacoma Gallery
COAST GUARD IS THE WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!
Small bases--GREAT duty--FUN AS SHIT. Sometimes get pretty hairy at sea--You go after the idiots that do not listen to the forcast.
Hope you have time to change your mind--In for four years--and almost a YEAR of Military education.
Get your "school" before you sign in the dotted line. GET IT IN WRITING.
GREAT TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-20-2011, 10:29 AM   #65
Christ-a-licious
Battle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 15-6'rs
Name: Korben
Battle Pope's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 619ivanru View Post
im 20 years old tired of my job got bills to pay and going to school
ready to get some world experience
i will be joining the navy
any advise on what to expect?
cock sucking...squids are good at that.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:54 AM   #66
TacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
TacPro45's Tacoma Gallery
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_Albert_Munro
Old 12-15-2011, 10:05 AM   #67
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Pope View Post
cock sucking...squids are good at that.
Sailors in general suck..hahaha
but Corpsman kick ass..!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacPro45 View Post
hells yeah...

Navy Corpsman, a single rate, earned 22 MOH's
Old 12-15-2011, 10:29 AM   #68
Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 94B/76Y Medical Honorable Discharge
Name: Raph, and I'm from Tampa, FL.
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
The Driver's Tacoma Gallery
Coast Guard BSU's are o.k. I guess, but what they lack in amenities, they more than make in convenience. Meaning, they are small but all over the place as opposed to be a "centralized" base.

Coast Guard personell have a direct link to jobs with Customs Enforcement and Border Patrol, and that along more than makes up whatever else they lack.

Former Army here, and not a day goes by that I regret not being a Coastie...