Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Could the Air Force guys help me here???

Old 04-04-2012, 01:39 PM   #41
ross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant future
Army:
ross123's Tacoma Gallery
Combat control
Old 04-04-2012, 01:44 PM   #42
If ya ain't first, your last!
CNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really nice
Name: Nate
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ross123 View Post
Combat control
Old 04-04-2012, 04:39 PM   #43
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ross123 View Post
Combat control
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNEDEER View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Licz2...eature=related
Old 04-04-2012, 04:46 PM   #44
CNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really nice
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
Is this synonmous with the Special Investigations field I was talking about or no??
Old 04-04-2012, 04:48 PM   #45
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lol.... no, not at all
Old 04-04-2012, 04:58 PM   #46
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
Lol thought so, any idea what special investigations entails?
Old 04-04-2012, 05:04 PM   #47

Quote:
from my very basic and limited understanding, it's like being a detective and investigator...

i'm sure you've already seen this...
http://www.airforce.com/careers/deta...tions-officer/
Old 04-04-2012, 05:05 PM   #48
drubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant future

Air Force: Avionics Craftsman, 33 AMXS, 33 Fighter Wing
Name: Brad
drubacca117's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
OSI (Office of Special Investigations) entails a ton of things, but the basics is that it is like the Air Force FBI. OSI does everything from drug busts in base housing / dormitories to undercover work in the field. Think NCIS (the show) except actually realistic and not shitty... And in some situations they don't wear rank, only a nametape that says Special Agent...
Old 04-04-2012, 05:09 PM   #49
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
You are getting some good information and a road map of MOSs in the USAF and the military in general.

Good luck with your decision and keep us posted on what you decide.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:12 PM   #50
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by drubacca117 View Post
OSI (Office of Special Investigations) entails a ton of things, but the basics is that it is like the Air Force FBI. OSI does everything from drug busts in base housing / dormitories to undercover work in the field. Think NCIS (the show) except actually realistic and not shitty... And in some situations they don't wear rank, only a nametape that says Special Agent...
That sounds like something I would be interested in, as I am currently looking to go the LE route. Will have my degree within a year, and contemplating trying to get into a PD or join the AF.

Special Investigations seems extremely appealing to me. Is it more internal investigations, or is it external as well?
Old 04-04-2012, 05:26 PM   #51
drubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant future

Quote:
That sounds like something I would be interested in, as I am currently looking to go the LE route. Will have my degree within a year, and contemplating trying to get into a PD or join the AF.

Special Investigations seems extremely appealing to me. Is it more internal investigations, or is it external as well?
From talking to buddies of mine in OSI and having attended the brief to become and agent (I decided against, I love fixing jets), they do both internal and external investigations. Obviously it all pertains to the AF in some manner, but they will literally investigate cases of all sorts. Officers in positions of authority abusing said authority, defrauding the government, deaths of AF members (murder or suspicious deaths), drug busts (busts in the AF that lead to busts in the civilian sector)... I don't know a lot of specifics because it isn't my career field, but I have friends that have told me stories about all of the things I mentioned. If you are looking at LE, OSI is pretty badass to put it mildly.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:30 PM   #52
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
Yea it sounds like it. Do your buddies seem to enjoy it? Do they have any complaints? Any idea what their work schedule is like?
Old 04-04-2012, 05:59 PM   #53
elytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: I do what Goose did but not with Maverick...now I'm learning Mavericks skills too!!
Name: Travis
elytravis's Tacoma Gallery
Subd. I got some input but I need to go to work. I have some time in the airforce and had the benefit of multiple jobs. I will get back to you after my flight.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:15 PM   #54

Quote:
Yea it sounds like it. Do your buddies seem to enjoy it? Do they have any complaints? Any idea what their work schedule is like?
Oh yeah, they enjoy it! Some of them complain a little, because it can be long hours obviously, and some of them travel a lot which can be stressful on family. With most jobs in the military, hours can vary, but most of them work 8-9 hour shifts, some of them banker hours, some on a night shift.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:03 PM   #55
tacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
tacomathunder's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacomathunder
Quote:
Originally Posted by elytravis View Post
Subd. I got some input but I need to go to work. I have some time in the airforce and had the benefit of multiple jobs. I will get back to you after my flight.
anxious to hear back!
Old 04-04-2012, 11:13 PM   #56
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-05-2012, 10:28 PM   #57
Taco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Taco Gunner's Tacoma Gallery
If I could do it all over again, I would look into the Coast Guard.

The AF is going down the shitter faster than a lackland trainee on an MTI.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:52 PM   #58
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
Funny you say that, I've actually contemplated the Coast Guard as well. I have yet to talk to an individual in the Coast Guard who doesn't like their job.

In reference to the AF going down the shitter, is there anything in particular?
Old 04-06-2012, 12:31 AM   #59
AMS1(AW), USN retired
Twizter68 has much to be proud ofTwizter68 has much to be proud ofTwizter68 has much to be proud ofTwizter68 has much to be proud ofTwizter68 has much to be proud ofTwizter68 has much to be proud ofTwizter68 has much to be proud ofTwizter68 has much to be proud ofTwizter68 has much to be proud of
Navy: Retired AMS1(AW)
Name: Bill
Twizter68's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomathunder View Post
Im really researching on what i want to do in the air force after college, and there are so many jobs i would be interested in doing.....so could u help me with some descriptions from your own experience??

(snip) any input is also greatly appreciated!

Why the Chair Farce? Unless there's a medical reason, go for a flight slot...and if you want to be a REAL HE-MAN AVIATOR, fly NAVY! Not only do you get to see the world, you get to be one of the ELITE FEW that can land on a MOVING RUNWAY! Badass jets, awesome troops (1 Navy maintainer= 12 AF maintainers, and that's on a bad day!), and you get (mostly) air conditioned quarters to sleep in on the ship, great food, and a rep as a "must hire guy" when you muster out (it's the whole landing on a postage stamp thing; tends to impress the shit out of the airline recruiters.)

All that, and you'll swing a bigger "bat" and get issued a huge set of brass balls when they pin on the Wings of Gold!

Plus you get to be a Division officer of wonderful people like me...who only had contempt for O-2's and below, and held all senior O-3 to O-4's in the view that they were almost my equal.

(sorry, Air Scouts, couldn't resist!)
Old 04-06-2012, 01:21 AM   #60
elytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: I do what Goose did but not with Maverick...now I'm learning Mavericks skills too!!
Name: Travis
elytravis's Tacoma Gallery
PM sent, to long to post. You sometimes get people with a good sense of humor and think the Navy is better haha. Where I deploy I stay in hotels, I don't share a room, I get to see the world and land the plane there too and not just see the water of the world. If I get stationed at an Army base they pay me more...no joke. But with all jokes aside, God bless all the troops no matter what the branch and if you join you get to be one of the ELITE FEW to serve this great nation. Alright no more politics from me.