Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

How can I get in touch with recruiter.

Old 11-05-2011, 10:13 AM   #1
Local TW dissenter
toy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
toy02ota's Tacoma Gallery
How can I get in touch with recruiter.

I have been looking into joining one of the branches (leaning more towards the AF) I've been trying to get in touch with my local Air Force recruiter. I called several times and finally got him to return my call. I got set up to meet with him on Wednesday. I went to his office after work at 4:30 like he said, but he was nowhere to be found. I tried to call his cell number he gave me but no answer. I haven't heard any thing, nor can I get in touch with him. I know he's probably busy but damn. I got stood up by the recruiter! Meanwhile the Marine recruiter has been in constant contact with me. I talked to him and took the Practice ASVAB. I just really want to talk to all the branches before I make any kind of decision. Anything I can do to get the recruiter to talk? I guess I could go to the one in Memphis but that's a hour away.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:20 AM   #2
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toy02ota View Post
I have been looking into joining one of the branches (leaning more towards the AF) I've been trying to get in touch with my local Air Force recruiter. I called several times and finally got him to return my call. I got set up to meet with him on Wednesday. I went to his office after work at 4:30 like he said, but he was nowhere to be found. I tried to call his cell number he gave me but no answer. I haven't heard any thing, nor can I get in touch with him. I know he's probably busy but damn. I got stood up by the recruiter! Meanwhile the Marine recruiter has been in constant contact with me. I talked to him and took the Practice ASVAB. I just really want to talk to all the branches before I make any kind of decision. Anything I can do to get the recruiter to talk? I guess I could go to the one in Memphis but that's a hour away.
You just gotta keep tryin man. Smart move by tryin to talk to all recruiters before making a decision. You just gotta catch them at the right time
Old 11-05-2011, 04:02 PM   #3
JRob33 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Barksdale AFB
Name: Josh
JRob33's Tacoma Gallery
Although I'm not a recruiter, I've worked with a couple after they finished recruiting duty and the AF does things a little more differently than the other branches. Instead of having several recruiters in a small area, the AF likes to have 1-2 recruiters for a large area and force them to be more efficient. If you ask me, it sounds dumb and probably effects the amount of recruits they put in. Also, there really shouldn't be an excuse for failing to return phone calls nor being in place for a scheduled meeting without notifying you of a change in plans. If I were you, I would decide on a branch/job then stick with it. There are instances where an individual will go in to talk to the AF recruiter (who might not be there) and all of a sudden is now enlisting in the Army. Anyways, good luck with your choice!
Old 11-05-2011, 04:07 PM   #5
USAFVol will become famous soon enoughUSAFVol will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Robins AFB
USAFVol's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.airforce.com/

Live chat IMO
Old 11-05-2011, 06:29 PM   #6
Local TW dissenter
toy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks for the replies. I went to the AF website and put my info in to be contacted. @USAFvol Let's go Vols!
Old 11-05-2011, 06:45 PM   #7
TRD burglar
Bridgeman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBridgeman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBridgeman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBridgeman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBridgeman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBridgeman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBridgeman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBridgeman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBridgeman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBridgeman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBridgeman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Recruiter
Name: Tyler
Bridgeman's Tacoma Gallery
i can only speak on behalf of my area but im a recruiter for the US ARMY in Hawaii. The mission for all of the other branches is so low that they put their requirements unbelievably high. It has been proven that the other branches will put people on a waiting list making them believe that they have a contract. Then they call you back when they are ready to actually put you in. and then you have an "Uncommitted Contract." which means that you will be in the military but will not have a job until after basic. In the Army we can get you a guaranteed job before you even go to MEPS. Just saying. im not biased just bc i recruit for one team but i would rather have a guaranteed job before i sign anything
Old 11-06-2011, 10:21 AM   #8

USAFVol's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks for the replies. I went to the AF website and put my info in to be contacted. @USAFvol Let's go Vols!
Good to get a win, even MTSU.

Good luck with your decision.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:28 AM   #9
bgsmith will become famous soon enough

Name: Brian
bgsmith's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRob33 View Post
Although I'm not a recruiter, I've worked with a couple after they finished recruiting duty and the AF does things a little more differently than the other branches. Instead of having several recruiters in a small area, the AF likes to have 1-2 recruiters for a large area and force them to be more efficient. If you ask me, it sounds dumb and probably effects the amount of recruits they put in. Also, there really shouldn't be an excuse for failing to return phone calls nor being in place for a scheduled meeting without notifying you of a change in plans. If I were you, I would decide on a branch/job then stick with it. There are instances where an individual will go in to talk to the AF recruiter (who might not be there) and all of a sudden is now enlisting in the Army. Anyways, good luck with your choice!
This is very true, a good friend of mine was looking into Army ROTC in high school. He went to the recruitment office, Army guys weren't there, he ended up enlisting in the Navy.

Worked out for him though as he scored off the charts on his recruitment evaluations, ended up working on nuclear subs before going to Annapolis, he is now a Captain in the Marine Corp.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:32 PM   #10
Finally made it - U.S. Army Retired
cakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police
cakmakli's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Give the Army a call. They'll take you.

If you don't want to do that then send me your birth certificate. I'd love to do it all over again.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:49 PM   #11
U.S.M.C.
bowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of light

Marines: HQ BN Truck CO 2nd Marine Division, RS Salt lake city, 6th Marine Regiment, 7th Marine Regiment
bowzerdoo77's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to bowzerdoo77 Send a message via Skype™ to bowzerdoo77
I was a Marine Corps recruiter and we hooked a lot of Air Force hopefuls due to them never being in their office. they are as the other guy said spread real thin and they have plenty of people to choose from, so you just have to catch them at their office. We had a lot of people suprised at what the other branches offered so check them all out. Good luck
Old 11-06-2011, 06:23 PM   #12
Local TW dissenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowzerdoo77 View Post
I was a Marine Corps recruiter and we hooked a lot of Air Force hopefuls due to them never being in their office. they are as the other guy said spread real thin and they have plenty of people to choose from, so you just have to catch them at their office. We had a lot of people suprised at what the other branches offered so check them all out. Good luck
With the marines being very thorough and giving me a lot of attention and answering a lot of my questions they are a possibility for sure. I really like the allure of the flight crew. Do the marines have much of a presence in the air?
Old 11-06-2011, 06:24 PM   #13
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
pretty sad, as soon as I hit 18, all those salesmen where calling me.

U shouldnt have to sell urself, they should be hunting u down. So much for being being accountable.

check ur other options, and be warned theres downsizing iirc.
x2 on all of it.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:40 PM   #14
usmcmezz is on a distinguished road
Marines:
usmcmezz's Tacoma Gallery
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering
if they've made a difference. The Marines don't
have that problem."

President Ronald Reagan
Old 11-06-2011, 07:11 PM   #15

USAFVol's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
With the marines being very thorough and giving me a lot of attention and answering a lot of my questions they are a possibility for sure. I really like the allure of the flight crew. Do the marines have much of a presence in the air?
What "presence" are you looking for?
Old 11-06-2011, 07:16 PM   #16
Local TW dissenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFVol View Post
What "presence" are you looking for?
The Aeriel Gunner and Airborne Operations positions looked good to me. Alternately, the loadmaster position was also something I would look into.

1000th post!
Old 11-06-2011, 07:34 PM   #17
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
toy02ota,

If your still having trouble by the end of the week with Air Force...pm me..

Baby sister is past recruiter and in retention now ( LIFER)...I think she can point someone in your direction....

Air Force has been very good to both her and family...He is former AirForce,now Air Guard.....
Old 11-06-2011, 07:35 PM   #18
Local TW dissenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoope View Post
toy02ota,

If your still having trouble by the end of the week with Air Force...pm me..

Baby sister is past recruiter and in retention now ( LIFER)...I think she can point someone in your direction....

Air Force has been very good to both her and family...He is former AirForce,now Air Guard.....
Will do, Thanks