Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Combat Uniforms Worn in Civilian/Public Areas - Rant

Old 11-07-2011, 09:08 AM   #21
Resident Redneck
WhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
WhiskeyDeltaTango's Tacoma Gallery
MILITARY wearing military uniforms never bother me. It's when I see some airsofter or youtuber-wanna-be all decked out in ACUs or multicam that chaps my ass.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:15 AM   #22
ignorance is bliss,
tacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st MLG, 7th ESB,Alpha Co.
Name: Josh
tacoman007's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by asphaltpilot View Post
Why the hell am I always seeing Soldiers and Airmen wearing ABU's/ACU's in public places, such as graduations, civilian airports, and football stadiums (as seen multiple times yesterday)? So unsat. Wearing your work uniform makes you look like a fucking slob. Have a little more respect for who you are and what you represent and wear a more appropriate uniform. Service dress uniforms exist for a reason.
It's not a "Combat Uniform" if they don't see combat. Your a Marine were a different breed. they all have differrent rules and regs.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:20 AM   #23
ignorance is bliss,
tacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st MLG, 7th ESB,Alpha Co.
tacoman007's Tacoma Gallery
Marines don't bitch about other branchs, we just know better.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:21 AM   #24
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Why the hell am I always seeing Soldiers and Airmen wearing ABU's/ACU's in public places, such as graduations, civilian airports, and football stadiums (as seen multiple times yesterday)? So unsat. Wearing your work uniform makes you look like a fucking slob. Have a little more respect for who you are and what you represent and wear a more appropriate uniform. Service dress uniforms exist for a reason.
Chill out Marine... the army has a completely different set of rules governing when and where they can wear ACUs. It is not nearly as stringent as the Marines and Navy.

Get the F over it..
Old 11-07-2011, 09:31 AM   #25
Cheyenne Trail Crew
AlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 37th Helicopter Squadron
Name: Adam
AlphaEcho2k5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You're a Marine we're a different breed
agreed
Old 11-07-2011, 09:33 AM   #26
07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AC3
07NavyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by solus View Post
Chill out Marine... the army has a completely different set of rules governing when and where they can wear ACUs. It is not nearly as stringent as the Marines and Navy.

Get the F over it..
as bad as i hate it, he's correct.

the army encourages soldiers to wear them when they tavel, like someone said before, it's "supposedly" more security. BUT, if i was going make an attack on an airplane or something, that'd be the guy i take out first. i guess it's supposed to scare people out of trying anything.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:33 AM   #27
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
A lot of Reservists/National Guard who are pre mob or post mob or R&R fly in ACUs. The soldier or airman may have becoming home or going to duty station.
Many of our State's soldiers & airmen return or go this way via civilian aircraft.
They are either backfills, individual fills, whatever.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:36 AM   #28
wes mantooth ™
Joben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: I Babysit Adults
Name: Joben
Joben7726's Tacoma Gallery
the crapfest has ensued....
Old 11-07-2011, 10:02 AM   #29
Taco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Taco Gunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoman007 View Post
It's not a "Combat Uniform" if they don't see combat. Your a Marine were a different breed. they all have differrent rules and regs.
So the other branches do not see combat? Is that what you are implying?
Old 11-07-2011, 10:19 AM   #30
T4C0MA has a spectacular aura aboutT4C0MA has a spectacular aura about
T4C0MA's Tacoma Gallery
Part of the reason we're opposed to wearing utilities off base is that Anti Terrorism / Force Protection teaches that it may highlight you as a target. Either way, most Marines don't like it. Whether or not it increases the "security presence" is debatable... Service members are not authorised to act as police officers, and can get in some serious trouble for doing so.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:24 AM   #31
Taco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Does wearing ones dress uniform off post make one look less conspicuous?
Old 11-07-2011, 10:31 AM   #32
CAPS CAPS CAPS!
asphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, B Co, 1st BN, 6th MAR ('93 - '97)
Name: Jason
asphaltpilot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Gunner View Post
Does wearing ones dress uniform off post make one look less conspicuous?
No, but it makes you look like a better representative for the Armed Forces of the United States of America.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:37 AM   #33
Air Force:
Quote:
No, but it makes you look like a better representative for the Armed Forces of the United States of America.
Interesting.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:49 AM   #34
gainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Radio Man
gainman's Tacoma Gallery
there is waaaaay to much motivation in this thread.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:27 PM   #35
Team no taco
Cinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 9th BN 94th DIV Instructor
Name: Jose
Cinco's Tacoma Gallery
Look,

In a bar sure thats as wrong as Two Boys kissing but I've got shit faced at the NCO club on post in uniform many times. If I just left work and I'm meeting the fam for something I'll go in uniform. I hate the mix match of uniforms with civilian clothes. I had a douche show up to the Gym on Base with his ARMY PT shirt, Basketball shorts and Earrings on, we had a talk. Shit like that pisses me off. If I see others in uniform at public places I dont give a fuck. When you stop taking yourself so seriously you'll live a happier life.

Also to the guys that think only Marines see real COMBAT go fuck yourself.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:31 PM   #36
Oat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant future

Marines:
Oat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Maybe just got home?
Old 11-07-2011, 12:32 PM   #37
Team no taco
Cinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 9th BN 94th DIV Instructor
Name: Jose
Cinco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oat View Post
Maybe just got home?
x2

I have been directed to fly in uniform quite a few times myself.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:38 PM   #38
Hiemsnox is on a distinguished road
Name: Dan
Hiemsnox's Tacoma Gallery
It is in the written code that you are not supposed to be wearing the combat uniform for any other purpose that work, if you are to be out as a civilian then you should be in civilian attire or in your service dress. it is understood that there is some give to this rule, because no one wants to go home from work, change in to civi's then go back out to the grocery store to pick up one item. While i think that it is good there is some slack here, i think it is abused because you see people wearing them everywhere.

One thing here i hate, is that our local best buy requires you to be in uniform to get military discount, not just ID. now tell me how wrong that is when according to our rules, we shouldn't be wearing our uniform in civ situations!
Old 11-07-2011, 12:53 PM   #39
Save a horse ride a Railroader
Catcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to behold
Air Force: C-17 Loadmaster 2300 hrs
Name: Bryan
Catcrazed's Tacoma Gallery
And the states should out law sweat pants and pjs at the store. Come on you think they put there uniform on just to go to the store? Do you change out of you jeans and put on slacks go to the store? They have busy lives and cant be changing 3 times a day.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:41 PM   #40
College.
PatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt/6153 - CH-53E Airframe/Hydraulics Mechanic, HMH-464, MAG 29, 2nd MAW
Name: Pat
PatHLC128's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyDeltaTango View Post
MILITARY wearing military uniforms never bother me. It's when I see some airsofter or youtuber-wanna-be all decked out in ACUs or multicam that chaps my ass.
This x100.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solus View Post

Get the F over it..
And this. End thread.