Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Combat Uniforms Worn in Civilian/Public Areas - Rant

Old 11-07-2011, 05:50 PM   #41
Oat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant future

Marines:
Oat's Tacoma Gallery
Look, i dont care who you are be it a 18 year old fresh out of boot or a 20 year vet. Wear your damn util's any where you want.

You know what DOES irritate the shit out of me;

In florida panhandling is a big problem. All these claimed "veterans" on florida wearing their util's on medians asking for money saying they were a vet is irritating. You dont disgrace the fallen by begging.

Just my 0.02
Old 11-07-2011, 06:00 PM   #42
Banned
03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
03taco's Tacoma Gallery
HA!!! yall would hate me i cutt off a pair of my multi cam pants and wear them EVERYWEAR, they are the most comfy shorts i own now lol
Old 11-07-2011, 06:10 PM   #43
Taco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Taco Gunner's Tacoma Gallery
yeah..and 90% of them were Airborne! "You are a vet huh? What unit were you with?"

"I was Airborne!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oat View Post
Look, i dont care who you are be it a 18 year old fresh out of boot or a 20 year vet. Wear your damn util's any where you want.

In florida panhandling is a big problem. All these claimed "veterans" on florida wearing their util's on medians asking for money saying they were a vet is irritating. You dont disgrace the fallen by begging.

Just my 0.02
Old 11-07-2011, 06:17 PM   #44
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
I'm no longer in, but I live near Dobbins ARB. I see a lot of service members around town and I don't care, I think it's good actually to let the public know that they walk among everyone else. But.....when you are obviously over weight, your uniform looks like it's been in the bottom of a wet garbage bag for a yr, and you just look sloppy, then it's not cool.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:07 PM   #46
I phucking hate people >:(
ink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st Civ Div
Name: TACO LOVER
ink junky's Tacoma Gallery
fat nasty overweight slobs in uniform are unsat. period!

Marines aint supposed to wear them off base, (unless as stated earlier) unless it's an emergency. The AF, Army, Navy all have different regs that don't bother me at all.

what looks funny to me though is when I see Air Force personnel wearing a smokey (drill cover) in the wal-mart parking lot pushing a grocery cart with cokes in it.

not making fun, but it just looks kinda funny.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:08 PM   #47
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Just my 0.02
Yeah but, Florida is a panhandle.

But I totally agree with you on all points.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:17 PM   #48
4Running
AlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 37th Helicopter Squadron
Name: Adam
AlphaEcho2k5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
We have quite the same issue here in the All American city, mainly Skibo Rd.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:25 AM   #49
Finally made it - U.S. Army Retired
cakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police
cakmakli's Tacoma Gallery
For the last 6 or 7 years before I retired in 2010, we were required to wear ACU's while traveling TDY.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:09 AM   #50
Hiemsnox is on a distinguished road
Name: Dan
Hiemsnox's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakmakli View Post
For the last 6 or 7 years before I retired in 2010, we were required to wear ACU's while traveling TDY.

but see there you are on orders and orders will have required uniform
Old 11-08-2011, 06:34 AM   #51
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
I don't like wearing my uniform off base because it draws to much attention. It's not unusual to see people in uniform around my side of town though.

On another note, I have a cousin who is in the army. He wears his uniform all the time for the "perks". Needless to say, I don't have the same feeling.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:51 AM   #52
tex41 will become famous soon enoughtex41 will become famous soon enough
Navy: PO2(SW/AW) Jack of all trades.
Name: Clint
tex41's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Just my 0.02
Agreed. The only time ive EVER worn my dress uniform was right after boot going home, or in a parade. At DFW, theres always Soldiers in their ACU's(not sure? Sailor here, we wear NWU's). But theyre traveling as a unit, which is fine. But bars, clubs, restaurants....? fucking UNSAT. Makes it look like youre trying to impress people, and if thats the case....you need to find a new career.....
Old 11-08-2011, 06:52 AM   #53
wordtothis is a jewel in the roughwordtothis is a jewel in the roughwordtothis is a jewel in the roughwordtothis is a jewel in the rough
Name: david
wordtothis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
Yeah but, Florida is a panhandle.

But I totally agree with you on all points.
I can see the new Florida Tourism Board brochures and commercials now...

Visit Florida, because anywhere else,

THIS,

THIS,

and THIS

is just begging.

On a serious note, whenever I see service personnel out and about, airport, bank, gas station, I always take the time to thank them for their service.

D
Old 11-08-2011, 08:42 AM   #54
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Just my 0.02
... ^^^ ... Ditto ...

AND some of the other people (mostly non-military types) wearing parts of the uniform with rank and/or MOS Insignias and/or awards (ribbons & etc.).

An old military shirt is OK to cut the grass in ... just please ... no "ranks/rates or insignias & etc.".
Old 11-09-2011, 04:27 AM   #55
Finally made it - U.S. Army Retired
cakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police
cakmakli's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Just my 0.02
I like how these bums have kept up with the times. You hardly ever see one in BDU's anymore. Woodland camouflage is so passé.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:44 AM   #56
Drop it Drop it Low
Dmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Branden
Dmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyDeltaTango View Post
MILITARY wearing military uniforms never bother me. It's when I see some airsofter or youtuber-wanna-be all decked out in ACUs or multicam that chaps my ass.
I used the gulf war one style jacket and pants and cap when I played paintball as a kid. I was freakin invisible.

I dont see the problem with this?
Old 11-09-2011, 04:52 AM   #57
2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: chris
2008taco's Tacoma Gallery
When my friend came back for leave after his first tour he said they were given orders to wear their uni. He was going to wear his old cloths anyways but they were all several sizes too big. Rather than go buy a new wardrobe for a week he just followed orders.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:00 AM   #58
Taco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Taco Gunner's Tacoma Gallery
I am going to celebrate this thread by wearing my flight suit around town all day. At night, I will put on my HGU 56/P and NVG's. I might even wear my survival vest.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:03 AM   #59
MMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant future
EMS:
Name: Michael
MMazz365's Tacoma Gallery
I just don't appreciate soldiers trying to get attention out of their uniforms in public places. My brother gets home from work, walks in his room, and changes. He won't even pick up pizza in his uniform because he doesn't want that extra needed attention
Old 11-10-2011, 09:05 AM   #60
PELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed
PELLEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4C0MA View Post
Part of the reason we're opposed to wearing utilities off base is that Anti Terrorism / Force Protection teaches that it may highlight you as a target. Either way, most Marines don't like it. Whether or not it increases the "security presence" is debatable... Service members are not authorised to act as police officers, and can get in some serious trouble for doing so.
I'm with you on this one. When I was stationed in the UK we were told to never where our uniform for travel, as it made us targets... Unfortunatly this was confirmed a year after I had left. A group of Security Forces guys from RAF Lakenheath were in uniform at the air port getting ready to deploy and a freaking terroist unloaded a few clips on them, killing a few and hurting many others... I never travel in uniform!