1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

question for someone in the military....

Discussion in 'Military' started by bridgcat, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Jan 6, 2012 at 5:02 PM
    bridgcat

bridgcat [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 4x4 SR5 TRD Offroad
    Avid Off-road Light bar w/ Line-X, American Aluminum Black LP Toolbox, N Fab black step bars,In-Channel Vent Visors, two 10" Rockford subs, Pioneer Double Din DVD player w/ Metra dash kit, 285/65R18 Nitto Trail Grappler MT/s. 18x9" Black XD Monsters. Weathertech digital fit floor mats. Color matched grille with FJ Tacoma badge. De-badged with black, "4x4" badge on tail gate. Mud flap delete mod. Custon TRD decal, color matched rear bumper, Icon extended travel reservoir coilovers, Icon rear reservoir shocks, Dakar rear leaf pack, extended stainless steel brake lines, Camburg uniball upper control arms, timeren bump stops,Beefed Taco carrier bearing drop, Rockford Fosgate Door speakers, Dynomat doors and rear panel, All pro front bumper.
    So....I was in the Army but as far as this question goes I can't answer it. My buddy is going through a hard time right now. He's AGR in the Army Guard and his wife moved out about a month ago because she doesn't know what she wants and she wants to be independent....yet she moves in with her parents....shes a b****. Anyways....she has been stringing him along for a month now and he told her she has till the 15th to come home or he is filing for divorce. Well....he has been working his ass off to try and get her back home. He started going to another counseling service and continues to go to couples counseling even though she won't. She stopped wearing her wedding band (which broke his heart) he continues to pay all her bills....he even got on medication for the anger issues she claims he has. The only reason I see that he gets angry is because she constantly belittles him, makes smart remarks and doesn't respect him...and he acts out because he tries to force it. BTW....she just turned 21 and they just had a child and she leaves the baby with her trash parents. Her dad broke into his house (he didn't issue a warrant because as he said, "it's my babies grandfather and I don't want to mess things up) after he changed the locks and messed with a lot of stuff. They came over while he was at work and cleaned out the house, all the baby stuff, all the bedroom stuff. My buddy is doing all he can to keep his family together and she keeps trying to set him off. She even told him that she is perfect and has no flaws...I mean WTF...no one is. So....he is fed up now. They were supposed to go out to eat tonight but he had to work late and instead of waiting on him, she texts him and tells him if he is going to stay at work then they will just go somewhere later (meaning he can't see his little girl because her parents hate him and might do something if he goes onto their property) and then...even though she is "independent" now...she hit him up for money so she can go party with a friend and he refused because she won't do anything with him and she is pawning off their daughter again to go drink. Sorry it's so long but I had to give the details. I hate my buddy is going through all this shit. I have not liked this woman since day one. I was supposed to be the best man at their wedding. She called to get my work schedule so she could plan the wedding day. I gave it to her and she purposely scheduled the wedding on a day I wasn't home. I've been best friends with this guy for 10 years! I despise her....she's pure evil.

So...now for the question. He is worried that she is going to call his boss and tell him that he won't give her any money. Can she do this, and what can the military do? Keep in mind...she left on her own, has a job now with 0 bills and they are still married...not even legally separated.

2. Jan 6, 2012 at 5:07 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Your buddy needs to go to talk his boss- Get out ahead of the situation. Cause she CAN his command and tell them whatever she wants. They will then have to investigate and work thru all the BS.
    It sounds like it should be pretty clear cut- but you don't want to get called into the office and hit with her side and have to defend against it....Get out ahead of it and be ready to help your buddy- Sounds like he married an immature idiot and is on the way to a divorce.

3. Jan 6, 2012 at 5:15 PM
    TACOMABOSS

TACOMABOSS Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    96 SR5 4x4
    Bilstein 5100s, Toytec AAL, Deck plate mod, Hella 500ff's, Sportsman Camo seat covers, Total Chaos 1" diff drop, JVC stereo, Painted bumpers and grille, Custom grille insert, HID projectors, Black spray paint
    X2 that f'ed up :(

4. Jan 6, 2012 at 5:17 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    Like Brunes said, he needs to talk to his boss NOW. She can cause all kind of trouble. They need the info first.

He also needs to go see a lawyer and make everything legal. Visitation, etc. She's too immature and selfish to keep her word.

5. Jan 6, 2012 at 5:34 PM
    bridgcat

bridgcat [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 4x4 SR5 TRD Offroad
    Avid Off-road Light bar w/ Line-X, American Aluminum Black LP Toolbox, N Fab black step bars,In-Channel Vent Visors, two 10" Rockford subs, Pioneer Double Din DVD player w/ Metra dash kit, 285/65R18 Nitto Trail Grappler MT/s. 18x9" Black XD Monsters. Weathertech digital fit floor mats. Color matched grille with FJ Tacoma badge. De-badged with black, "4x4" badge on tail gate. Mud flap delete mod. Custon TRD decal, color matched rear bumper, Icon extended travel reservoir coilovers, Icon rear reservoir shocks, Dakar rear leaf pack, extended stainless steel brake lines, Camburg uniball upper control arms, timeren bump stops,Beefed Taco carrier bearing drop, Rockford Fosgate Door speakers, Dynomat doors and rear panel, All pro front bumper.
    Thanks for all the help guys. Thats what I told him Brunes....tell his story before she can tell hers.
    It's a messed up situation he is in and I hate it for him but I honestly think that he would be better off and so would his little girl. This woman is pure evil!

6. Jan 7, 2012 at 8:10 AM
    rleeharris

rleeharris "Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    '11 Tundra Crew Max TRD Off Road
    Brunes comments are spot on. While the military requires its members to support their legal dependents, most commands will not tolerate a member being abused and someone taking advantage of this requirement. So, like Brunes stated, the member needs to keep his command informed of everything, and document, document, document. Write down everything that occurs (who, what, when, where, whys, etc) and whom he told. This may save his ass someday.

This guy also needs to get some good solid legal advice--preferably from a prior service JAG in private practice now (but not those any of those cons that work right outside the post gates)--ASAP.

Best of luck to your buddy.

7. Jan 7, 2012 at 8:31 AM
    MQQSE

MQQSE Bannable Galloot

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob III
    Palmer, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    "Stitch" Still Stock Concept Truck
    Shtuff
    What Brunes said! .... he needs to run (not walk) with his supervisor to the First Sergeant immediately. Definitely need to get in front of it. Get his story documented before she and her family start with the lies; that way they'll be better prepared to sort through the BS. Chain of Command never likes to be blind sided. Plus, they'll probably be able to open up resources to help him through this.

Sorry for your friend ... be there for him ... because he's gonna need you!

8. Jan 28, 2012 at 12:12 PM
    GregLee98

GregLee98 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma TRD Sport
    TRD Cold Air Intake TRD Cat-back Exhaust URD MAF Calibrator 3 inch Top Gunz Customz Lift Spidertrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers Goodyear Wrangler MT/R w/Kevlar (275/75R/17) Tires Power Tailgate Lock linked to power door locks Back-up Sensors Bakflip F1 DIY Auto-dim Rearview Mirror Power Sliding Rear Window Mod by BenWA 4x4 Switch Light Mod 400W Inverter Anytime Mod 110V In Cab Mod with 25' Extension Cord Rear Differential Breather Relocation Mod Chirp on Lock Mod A/C Off with Defrost Mod Brighter Reverse Lights Mod Tailgate Theft Deterrence (Clamp) TRD Seat Covers Extra D-Rings in front of bed
    Having been a Commander and dealt with some of this stuff, I hope I'm not too late.

Yes, like others said, go tell him to see his First Sergeant and Commander. He must support his dependents by regulation, however, the amount is NOT the BAH. It is actually a BAH differential. Every Commander has access to JAG and they can tell your friend exactly what he must pay her and the child. It will vary based upon rank, BAH, number of dependents, etc. Then he should get it sent to her account in an allotment. This protects him. It will automatically transfer the funds so that there is never her complaining he did not pay her. All the command has to do is check his LES.

As for a more permanent solution, he needs to figure that out with his spouse if they are going forward. But above is all he should need to do to provide support. I would also declare a legal separation to make it official.

Shoot me a PM if you need some more info.

9. Jan 28, 2012 at 12:26 PM
    Honey badger

Honey badger Honey badger hits whatever tree he wants to hit!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bon
    Kinder, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    02 DC BLACK 3.4
    I'm going to go along with what Bruns said. Get his story out there to his command before she can mess things up more than what they are. SHe sounds like a heartless b***h and does not deserve what he has already done for her. We take care of our own no matter what branch so as soon as he can let them know his higher ups will take care of it.

10. Jan 28, 2012 at 12:51 PM
    Coqui

Coqui Active Member

Member:
    60% EST // 40% CST
    Vehicle:
    09 DC TRD OR 4x4
    Predator Nerf Bars, Anchored OEM Bed Mat, Secured Tail Gate, Scan Gauge II, Weathertech Digital Fit Grey Mats, Brinks Cable Lock on Spare Tire, TRD Leather Shift Knob, Fumoto Oil Drain Valve, FJ TRD Centercap Mod for TRD OR Wheels, N-Fab LB, PIAA 520, BSP Grille, Flyzeye Designs V2W G/W/G LED
    As a former commander, I would suggest your buddy get advice from a JAG officer in his chain of command, removed her from all military benefits (DEERS, Comm., PX, etc. privileges), keep his commander informed, and seek child custody. Your description of the 21 year old girl sounds like she is unstable to carry a true marriage.

Good luck to your friend.

Products Discussed in

To Top