Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Disgusting

Old 01-08-2012, 05:38 PM   #41
tanner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tanner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter500ky View Post
To me, its a Honor, Respect thing. I grew up with the military so I understand.

I think you either understand or you don't not really a easy way to explain...

People work hard to wear that uniform and they wear it with pride. The fact they throw it on like garbage is a slap in the face to everyone that has worked so hard to earn the right to wear it.
Thanks for taking the time to explain it. I understand but I don't sympathize.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:17 PM   #42
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Probie
Hunter500ky's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner View Post
Thanks for taking the time to explain it. I understand but I don't sympathize.
NP,

I would have earlier but couldn't figure out how to put it into words if that makes sense haha!!!

If you grow up in a military family, or are in the military you have very little tolerance for people who disrespect the military.

Especially if someone you know gave their life for it.

Some people take little things disrespectful and others it takes something big to disrespect them.

To each their own.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:36 PM   #43
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAWAIANIANI View Post
Technically they arent wearing the uniform to reg's so it isn't a military uniform, as it would take someone with Honor to do so.
It's pretty clear you don't know what you are talking about. The dedication and sacrifice those who Honor have made to give these hacks the ability to do what they do isn't a matter of if the insignias are on right or the medals are in the right order. The ribbons on that jacket mean something to some of us....Him using them as fashion accessories is pathetic and dispicable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner View Post
Wow that helps. You sound offended.

Seriously what's the big deal? Why do you care if two nobodies want to play dressup?
See above. The heros in the country...The men and women who have died to keep it free don't warrant this kind of disrespect...and making a mockery of the uniform they wore and many others still do is just that.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:02 PM   #44
KAWAIANIANI is a jewel in the roughKAWAIANIANI is a jewel in the roughKAWAIANIANI is a jewel in the roughKAWAIANIANI is a jewel in the rough

Name: Chris
KAWAIANIANI's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
It's pretty clear you don't know what you are talking about. The dedication and sacrifice those who Honor have made to give these hacks the ability to do what they do isn't a matter of if the insignias are on right or the medals are in the right order. The ribbons on that jacket mean something to some of us....Him using them as fashion accessories is pathetic and dispicable.

See above. The heros in the country...The men and women who have died to keep it free don't warrant this kind of disrespect...and making a mockery of the uniform they wore and many others still do is just that.
In regards to your coment you might want to read Title 10, united states code section 771(10 usc 771). Unauthorized wearing prohibited and also under article 134 of the UCMJ. Also to your last statement is why I wrote it takes someone with honor to wear the uniform correctly.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:11 PM   #45
o_o
Special_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Name: Eddie
Special_K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Technically they arent wearing the uniform to reg's so it isn't a military uniform, as it would take someone with Honor to do so.
Quote:
In regards to your coment you might want to read Title 10, united states code section 771(10 usc 771). Unauthorized wearing prohibited and also under article 134 of the UCMJ. Also to your last statement is why I wrote it takes someone with honor to wear the uniform correctly.
I'm confused by what you're trying to say to Brunes, regardless of whether they are honorable or not they're still in violation of that USC. Neither of them are subject to the UCMJ so that's irrelevant

10USC771
Except as otherwise provided by law, no person except a member of the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps, as the case may be, may wear - (1) the uniform, or a distinctive part of the uniform, of the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps; or (2) a uniform any part of which is similar to a distinctive part of the uniform of the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:12 PM   #46
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
So technically couldn't they get fined for that?
Old 01-08-2012, 07:22 PM   #48
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I'm not sure what you are trying to argue here- Check out section (2) of the cite you made to 10USC771. It doesn't need to be "worn to regs" to be a unauthorized wearing of the uniform. Those covers, jackets, medals are all distinctive parts or similar to a distinctive part.
They aren't in the military and Art 134 is the General Article...I'm not sure what you are getting at with that either.
And then there is 18USC704-Under contention right now- but the Stolen Valor Act of 2011 was introduced in May of 2011. Both relating to the use/wear of some of those ribbons those choads were playing with.

The bottom line is correctly or incorrectly- They are scum bags who dishonor people who have integrity the likes of which they will never understand or show by "playing dress-up" (cause all hard mother fucking rappers play dress up right?)
Old 01-08-2012, 07:29 PM   #49
KAWAIANIANI is a jewel in the roughKAWAIANIANI is a jewel in the roughKAWAIANIANI is a jewel in the roughKAWAIANIANI is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special_K View Post
I'm confused by what you're trying to say to Brunes, regardless of whether they are honorable or not they're still in violation of that USC. Neither of them are subject to the UCMJ so that's irrelevant

10USC771
Except as otherwise provided by law, no person except a member of the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps, as the case may be, may wear - (1) the uniform, or a distinctive part of the uniform, of the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps; or (2) a uniform any part of which is similar to a distinctive part of the uniform of the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps.
Its a federal offense to wear the uniform of the commisioned/enlisted. Such as in movies they alter it/not wear it completely correct to regs to keep the apperance that they are not trying to impersonate a military member. It is a fine line they walk when doing so. Being a Vet who has served 2 tours in combat the fashion acc. he is wearing is not a regulation military uniform so it is just that a fashion acc. Now had a been wearing a reg. uniform without earning the right to do so to me is a sign of disrespect.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:33 PM   #50
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
imo Whether there are written rules against it or not it's more of a moral/respect thing. The people who earned the rights to wear that uniform have gone through some of the toughest training I know of. They give heart, sweat, and blood the wear them and that shouldn't be disgraced by some rappers, or any civi for that matter, who want to look cool and they, the enlisted or vets, wear them with pride. I know that if my friend Brian, who was just sent back to Asscrackastan as he so lovingly refers to it, saw something like this he'd be all over them. I've seen him chew a guy out about his rank pin on his collar being pinned on wrong. I unfortunately am not military so I wouldn't dare wear a dress uniform however I do wear a shirt that has USMC on the front of it which was given to me by my friend Michael, who was killed in Kuwait, which I believe is fine but I don't try to pass off as a Marine, to big of a beer gut to even try. People die for that uniform why disrespect it? It's a thing of principals and morals more than anything else. imo
Old 01-08-2012, 07:34 PM   #51
Oat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant future

Marines:
Oat's Tacoma Gallery
Dont know if it had been mentioned yet, but have we all forgotten about dear ol' steven tyler?

Old 01-08-2012, 07:35 PM   #52
abides.

Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Its a federal offense to wear the uniform of the commisioned/enlisted. Such as in movies they alter it/not wear it completely correct to regs to keep the apperance that they are not trying to impersonate a military member. It is a fine line they walk when doing so. Being a Vet who has served 2 tours in combat the fashion acc. he is wearing is not a regulation military uniform so it is just that a fashion acc. Now had a been wearing a reg. uniform without earning the right to do so to me is a sign of disrespect.
Incorrect IRT inaccuracies in movies- They are legally allowed to wear a complete correct replica. Go read 10USC772(f).
Again-Read the words in the cite you gave and then realize that those covers and jackets are not Target brand knockoffs....The are distinctive part or similar to them. Illegal and disrespectful.

Don't spew the story you heard a buddy tell one time like it's fact because you were in the military. Make sure you know what you are talking about.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:36 PM   #53
jblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT United States Marine Corps
jblaze805's Tacoma Gallery
That lloyd banks and tony yayo from ggggggg unit!!!! Making us marines look like scum bags non military should not be able to buy and wear military uniforms but i know theres no way of controlling that
Old 01-08-2012, 07:56 PM   #54
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
FWIW Most of the comment on that video are strongly against them using the uniform in that way which basically means that his own fans think that what they are doing is wrong.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:10 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Incorrect IRT inaccuracies in movies- They are legally allowed to wear a complete correct replica. Go read 10USC772(f).
Again-Read the words in the cite you gave and then realize that those covers and jackets are not Target brand knockoffs....The are distinctive part or similar to them. Illegal and disrespectful.

Don't spew the story you heard a buddy tell one time like it's fact because you were in the military. Make sure you know what you are talking about.
Section F states if they are portraying the military in good light.
Usually a petition/script is put in to the DOD for review and when showing correct repr. of the military they will support the project and lend consulting for accuracy.
If not in good light then the DOD does not support the project in which you end up with exactly what the picture shows, crooked patches, backward ribbons and all. Not spewing any stories from buddies either. Also not trying to get in a large debate, I just have a diff. view of it.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:25 PM   #56
prosthetichead is on a distinguished road
Name: Michael
prosthetichead's Tacoma Gallery
I would hope so, or if your going to wear the uniform at least wear it with the respect it deserves
Old 01-09-2012, 05:01 AM   #57
abides.

Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Section F states if they are portraying the military in good light.
Usually a petition/script is put in to the DOD for review and when showing correct repr. of the military they will support the project and lend consulting for accuracy.
If not in good light then the DOD does not support the project in which you end up with exactly what the picture shows, crooked patches, backward ribbons and all. Not spewing any stories from buddies either. Also not trying to get in a large debate, I just have a diff. view of it.
You are all over the map man. I don't mind if you have a different opinion- but it is LEGALLY WRONG to wear the uniform the way they are wearing it. And IMO it is incredibly disrespectful and distasteful.

772(F) says if they are portraying the military for theatrical reasons they are allowed to wear the uniform (debunking your messed up uniforms in film argument).
771(1)&(2) says if you wear the uniform or parts of the uniform or things that look like the uniform it's illegal. That debunks your "out of regs" argument.

You are welcome to keep thinking it's no big deal- but get the points of law correct. If you are going to point out that you've done combat duty and were a vet and then make claims that are incorrect- You are going to damage your own credibility and look like a fool, all while muddying the water on an important conversation.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:36 AM   #58
tacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, Cutterman
Name: Tom
tacomathom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oat View Post
Dont know if it had been mentioned yet, but have we all forgotten about dear ol' steven tyler?

If you wear one of the uniforms of our nation's armed forces as a sport coat, just because you think it looks cool, you are a scumbag. Even if you play music I like.
Off the subject, there should be a mandatory retirement age for "rock stars". Say 50?
Old 01-09-2012, 07:41 PM   #59

Quote:
Brunes;4324271]You are all over the map man. I don't mind if you have a
different opinion- but it is LEGALLY WRONG to wear the uniform the way they are
wearing it. And IMO it is incredibly disrespectful and distasteful.
I dont know what the whole bold "LEGALLY WRONG" is therebecause I never said it wasnt, see prev. post infact go back and read all my post:

Quote:
772(F) says if they are portraying the military for theatrical reasons they are
allowed to wear the uniform (debunking your messed
up uniforms in film argument).
And now the complete section F which stated "In good light" i.e not to discredit:
(f) While portraying a member of the Army, Navy, Air Force, or
Marine Corps, an actor in a theatrical or motion-picture production
may wear the uniform of that armed force if the portrayal does not
tend to discredit that armed force.

I like how you keep leaving that last part out. Now compare every spoof movie which does not portray the Armed forces in good light and watch the uniforms, then watch actual portrials and notice the uniforms are down to a T.

Quote:
771(1)&(2) says if you wear the uniform or parts of the uniform or things
that look like the uniform it's illegal. That debunks your "out of regs"
argument.
As far as my "Debunking" of the out of regs comment, mess your uniform up and walk around a the first thing a superior will tell you is " you are out of uniform" why? because you are wearing it out of regulation.

Quote:
You are welcome to keep thinking it's no big deal- but get the points of law
correct. If you are going to point out that you've done combat duty and were a
vet and then make claims that are incorrect- You are going to damage your own
credibility and look like a fool, all while muddying the water on an important
conversation.
Now for the finale, I am going to keep looking at it like they arent wearing the uniform correctly, its out of regs, so it isnt a military uniform, because that is how I view it. Your a moderator so you can go back and read all my post because again NO WHERE was it stated by me that it wasnt illegal just that " Such as in movies they alter it/not wear it completely correct to regs to keep the apperance that they are not trying to impersonate a military member. It is a fine line they walk when doing so". Tell me if Tom Cruise served time for the movie a few good men, then look at the folks that caused the reason for items like the stolen valor act which used the uniforms and medals to deceive the people. Just trying to use my freedom of expression, oh wait?
Old 01-09-2012, 07:42 PM   #60
Still going on?

lol k