LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Filthy and vile

Old 01-13-2012, 09:04 AM   #41
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg256 View Post
Edited to preface; I completely support this country and our armed forces...thank you all for serving. A few Marines have gotten my attention, remember, you are on a world stage.

I don't care who you are or the circumstances involved, or who the combatants are...you simply do not disrespect the deceased in such a manner for the world to see. Simply atrocious.
must be nice to sit high on the horse and condem those that are over there fighting, while being over here sitting safe behind a computer screen.

sure, you can express you opinion because other's have fought and died to give you that right, but until you volunteer to do the same for future generations... your opinion doesn't mean shit, nor does your "support"
Old 01-13-2012, 09:04 AM   #42
Calmer than you are
jmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Al Tonter
jmg256's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakmakli View Post
It is an open forum and you can come on here. But your reasons to come on here was not for our opinions or anything other then to slap our hands and say, "Bad Military, see you have done."
You have no idea as to what my thought processes or intents are.
This is not about the military as a whole, this is about a very small group of Marines that is in the spot light. There are hundreds of thousands of service men and women fighting to make this world a better place, only takes four peeing on dead bodies to take away from all of it. 'one (or a few) bad apples spoil the bunch'
Old 01-13-2012, 09:14 AM   #43
Calmer than you are
jmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jmg256's Tacoma Gallery
This is about a small group of Marines, not the military as a whole. Why is it that everyone is hostile towards the 'civilian' in the group when my sentiments are echoed by your fellow servicemen?

I will maintain my stance that urinating on the dead is wrong. that's it...no more, no less. The pissers in question happen to be in The Marines, who represent the USA.

What is all the civi vs. enlisted hostility? You have no idea about my situation....or just who I am
Old 01-13-2012, 09:38 AM   #44
Erich
Surferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Erich
Surferdude's Tacoma Gallery
I served in The Corps, honorably, for 6+ years. Then retired through the Air National Guard. Luckily for me, I was never sent into harms way, but I was ready and willing if called.

So I Iike to think my opinion does mean shit. I also think the other guys opinion does too.

This act was wrong. I can understand the desire to do this, but that's where restraint comes in. We're supposed to be better than these Taliban scum.

I keep hoping to hear this video is a fake....
Old 01-13-2012, 09:42 AM   #45
CNewell is a splendid one to beholdCNewell is a splendid one to beholdCNewell is a splendid one to beholdCNewell is a splendid one to beholdCNewell is a splendid one to beholdCNewell is a splendid one to beholdCNewell is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Information Systems Technician / IT2
Name: Camron
CNewell's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I am assuming that you have not served or are not serving since you don't have an emblem posted on your profile, so my question to you is:

What is your purpose of coming here and posting that? To spark debate, to stir the pot, or just so that you can preach down to us about how moral you are? If one of the military guys on here posted that and opened it for debate then that would be one thing but for you to come into our own little corner of TW to chastise us is BS.

You could have posted this in the Off Topic Discussion Thread but you chose to come here and throw this in our faces. So take your so called support for the military and shove it. I don't want it.
I agree with this...

Quote:
It is an open forum and you can come on here. But your reasons to come on here was not for our opinions or anything other then to slap our hands and say, "Bad Military, see you have done."

So until you have raised your right hand to support this country that you feel has been embarrassed I could give two shits what your opinion is.

I'm done with you and this stupid thread. Anything else I have to say on the subject will be in the "Oh" Thread.
And this... Couldn't have said it better myself. Now, I have been IA twice, which is more than many in the Navy. I haven't seen some of the things you others have either. I can understand the feeling of wanting to do something like this. Would I actually act upon that feeling, probably not. In honesty OP, your agenda here seems skewed. What were you hoping to accomplish by this? Like cakmakli said, it sounds like you are here to tell us we were wrong, but until you experience it, I don't think it is your place. This should be kept internally within the DoD, and everyone else can stay out of it. Its threads like this that just make things worse.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:48 AM   #46
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomathom View Post
We're trying to "win hearts & minds" as well as kill the enemy, videos that show our troops doing shit like this doesn't help!
there is a disconnect between what we want to happen and what is really going to happen.

the "hearts and minds" we are trying to win over are that of religious crazies.
the whole thing was started as a jihad on 911 lets not forget how crazy that shit is. why the fuck do we need to win over their view of us fuck them lol.

is this something i think i would do if i where over there no but, i'm not over there am i. these guys are coming home with all sorts of issues ptsd that tears their familys apart crippling depression you name it.

as far as i'm concerned so long as it keeps their bodies and minds safe our guys can do anything they like. the only thing they did wrong was video taping this lol.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:55 AM   #47
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt man hans View Post
there is a disconnect between what we want to happen and what is really going to happen.

the "hearts and minds" we are trying to win over are that of religious crazies.
the whole thing was started as a jihad on 911 lets not forget how crazy that shit is. why the fuck do we need to win over their view of us fuck them lol.

is this something i think i would do if i where over there no but, i'm not over there am i. these guys are coming home with all sorts of issues ptsd that tears their familys apart crippling depression you name it.

as far as i'm concerned so long as it keeps their bodies and minds safe our guys can do anything they like. the only thing they did wrong was video taping this lol.
There is a third and fourth group-It's just not military and jihadists.

3rd: The residents of the countries we are deployed to. If they start to hate us because we act like animals- Then our troops will be in REAL trouble.
4th: The civilian population here. There is already a huge anti war sentiment in this country....Giving them stupid things like latch on to does no good for anyone.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:56 AM   #48
puppytruk is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuppytruk is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuppytruk is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuppytruk is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuppytruk is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuppytruk is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuppytruk is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuppytruk is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuppytruk is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuppytruk is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuppytruk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: al
puppytruk's Tacoma Gallery
I may be wrong, but I think alot of military guys are wondering where is your outrage over the fact that the Taliban wantonly rapes, murders and maims any Afghani who even appears to disagree with their sick policies.
They have murdered thousands of innocents including women and children, did you make a thread about that ? They would love to get over here and do that to your family,do you not find that vile and disgusting ?
We know what the news report says, and the military will handle this matter (probably grossly overboard due to media pressure). I just hope these young Marines are treated fairly. I find it odd that you choose this as the vile, disgusting issue to make a thread about. What about the thousands of American military that have given their lives. That loss is what should be vile to you ! God bless all who serve, come home safe !!
Old 01-13-2012, 09:59 AM   #49
Hiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hiatt
Hiatt1991's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Hiatt1991
You know I'm reading this post and it really surpises me that some of you guys are OK with this. I see a lot of people saying "look at what they do to our guys" and such. For starters, I find it wrong to punishthese people for something they personally most likely never did. Also like mentioned before, are we to be held to the same standard as them? Why should we even bring ourselves down to that level? Show some professionalism. Show some class.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:10 AM   #50
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i do think what they did (if they really did it) was wrong, but do i really care? no. yes, as American's we are better than that, but there is no fucking way i'm going to sit here and hide behind my computer screen and chastise those Marines. who am i to do that? i go to work everyday without the worry of having haji trying to kill me, i get to have a beer when i get home after a long day at work, i get to see my wife everyday and sleep next to her everynight, all while these dudes are down range taking the fight to the enemy a killing bad guys to protect me and my loved ones.

OP, it's all in the wording you chose. it's one thing to call their actions "wrong" and a whole other thing to say "filthy and vile". you made a thread about this to jump on the band wagon and lay down judgement on these Marines based off information you received from watching the news and reading articles. none of us were there so in reality none of us are really allowed to judge these men or their actions. you claim to support the military. where's a positve thread you made about a military member receiving the MOH or somebody's heroic sacrifice to save their fellow warrior?
Old 01-13-2012, 10:20 AM   #51
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
to be honest imo our guys should come home now. we have put a bullet in the eye of the real bad guy and hung the other ones from iraq.

what else is there left to do over there besides pee on dead things? this is the end of a pointless conflict started by them for crazy reasons.

look hold these guys to the standards of the military branch they serve in but, lets not blow it out of proportion here. these guys are not in the best place they are surrounded by this everyday death and the fear of death is constant. a lot of guys are on their 5th tour thats a long long freaking time to be in this environment so their judgement slipped.

i don' think its a huge deal they are going to get in trouble. i just hope they take these things into account when they hand out their punishments.

i have friends that served and did way more tours in that dusty shit hole than they should have. my one buddy a really sweet guy is now a completely different man i do not know how to relate to him anymore. i try but, i feel like i fail miserably lol it breaks my heart so i have no sympathy for anything that moves over there nor do i care about what they think of me or our guys.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:21 AM   #52
Calmer than you are

jmg256's Tacoma Gallery
From th "oh....." thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_Humanity View Post
But the takeaway for me is this -- it doesn't matter if you are Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, Coast Guard, Guard, CIA or anything else tasked with performing military duties for the United States. You have two main jobs:

1.) Protect the guy next to you.

2.) Be better than the guys you are fighting.

I don't mean Be Better as having better skills or more advanced equipment or more complex tactics. I mean be better. Be the people who rise above as opposed to being dragged down. Don't lower yourself to the level of those you are fighting against, for if you do, you are no better than them.

You can win all the battles you want, but if you're not better, it's a pretty hollow victory.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:28 AM   #53
Calmer than you are

jmg256's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post

OP, it's all in the wording you chose. it's one thing to call their actions "wrong" and a whole other thing to say "filthy and vile". you made a thread about this to jump on the band wagon
I am of the opinion that if you urinate upon the dead, than yes in fact, you are filthy and vile
, Marine, American or otherwise

What band wagon? I am an independent thinker...I see someone pee on a dead body, I tend to have an opinion on it. Like it or not, the actions of these four Marines affect us as a Country as a whole. This has a direct effect on all Americans, at home or abroad.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:29 AM   #54
GP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
Why isn't this in the news?

************GRAPHIC CONTENT**************

Disgusting Mistreatment Of Human Taliban Carcasses By Liberated Afghan Forces- Warning: Graphic

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=4cd_1326415154

Their own country men are doing it, but it makes US soldiers peeing on bodies much less dramatic.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:34 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg256 View Post
I am of the opinion that if you urinate upon the dead, than yes in fact, you are filthy and vile
, Marine, American or otherwise
you were just defending yourself saying people don't know you or who you are so how can they make accusations about you and then you turn around and do the same thing about the Marines in the video.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:41 AM   #56
Calmer than you are

jmg256's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
you were just defending yourself saying people don't know you or who you are so how can they make accusations about you and then you turn around and do the same thing about the Marines in the video.
Ah, but you see...I do know a thing or two about the Marines in the video. They urinated upon the dead, and took pleasure in doing so. This is what my opinion is based upon, their actions depicted in the video...no more, no less.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:20 AM   #57
jackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jackhart's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP3 View Post
Why isn't this in the news?

************GRAPHIC CONTENT**************

Disgusting Mistreatment Of Human Taliban Carcasses By Liberated Afghan Forces- Warning: Graphic

Their own country men are doing it, but it makes US soldiers peeing on bodies much less dramatic.
This wasn't in the news because this act wasn't Americans doing it. Which sort of reinforces the point that we aren't surprised when "they" do something like that, but it certainly surprises us when "we" do something like that. As many here - military and non - have stated, we are better than that, and them, and hold ourselves to higher standards and morals.

This whole thing has shades of Abu Ghraib about it. A minority can ruin the image of the many in a second.