Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Another Poser

Old 01-27-2012, 05:41 AM   #21
Any dog under 50# is a cat and cats are useless...
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
it is illegal...Stolen Valor Act, IIRC
Old 01-27-2012, 05:42 AM   #22
Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 94B/76Y Medical Honorable Discharge
Name: Raph, and I'm from Tampa, FL.
Location: Lakewood (Green Mountain), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
The Driver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
Currently it's a Federal offense to claim that you've earned military medals and awards. The law is been challenged as infringement on freedom of expression.

I did not served long in the Army (Medical discharge) so there are a LOT of ribbons and awards that I have no clue where they go, or in which order. But this guys "awards" and badges are mess or clinical proportions!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
it is illegal...Stolen Valor Act, IIRC
But it is being challenged in court.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:45 AM   #23
Infidel
abn2060 is on a distinguished road

abn2060's Tacoma Gallery
I would of AT LEAST made myself a CSM....what a clown...
Old 01-27-2012, 05:45 AM   #24
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Currently it's a Federal offense to claim that you've earned military medals and awards. The law is been challenged as infringement on freedom of expression.

What will the people come up with next. These people with their freedom of expression infringements etc. are just crazy. How can they claim that they have the freedom to display their medals, or just even wear the uniform if they have not realy earned/done that.
Weird people in this world.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:46 AM   #25
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
But it is being challenged in court.
Being challenged means it's still on the books as of right now.

dressing up for halloween is one thing, taking it to the level this dickhole did is another. the people like this are what the law is for and that doesnt fall under freedom of expression.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:51 AM   #26
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: Lakewood (Green Mountain), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boerseun View Post

What will the people come up with next. These people with their freedom of expression infringements etc. are just crazy. How can they claim that they have the freedom to display their medals, or just even wear the uniform if they have not realy earned/done that.
Weird people in this world.
Sign of the times my friend. The challenged was started by a defendant with the backing of, get this, the ACLU. Ever heard from them?
Quote:

dressing up for halloween is one thing, taking it to the level this dickhole did is another. the people like this are what the law is for and that doesnt fall under freedom of expression.
They are, but there were a few cases in Tampa that were pleaded out, as there is A LOT of uncertainty regarding this law, and how it was written. Of course, that only applies to FL Middle District and there are like 70 Federal Districts in the nation.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:00 AM   #27
Squisha will become famous soon enough
Squisha's Tacoma Gallery
I dated a guy who did something like this (it was high school, and he was actually in the Navy, which means he DEFINITELY got popped for it), and it seems borne of some flavor of pathetic desperation.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:10 AM   #28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squisha View Post
I dated a guy who did something like this (it was high school, and he was actually in the Navy, which means he DEFINITELY got popped for it), and it seems borne of some flavor of pathetic desperation.
lol. there was a douche when i went to tech school that did this to try an impress his parents while at his wedding...to another AF tech schooler that he knocked up...i hope they were proud...
Old 01-27-2012, 06:10 AM   #29
Cybertronian Tacoma
TacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
TacomaPrime's Tacoma Gallery
Man, I wanted so bad to join the military, but couldn't because of my horrible asthma, and this infuriates even me. Hell I've never even served, but have alot of friends who do and my father was a marine, so I have alot of respect for those who have served.
I cant stand when people "play" soldier.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:14 AM   #30

Quote:
lol. there was a douche when i went to tech school that did this to try an impress his parents while at his wedding...to another AF tech schooler that he knocked up...i hope they were proud...
I was just out of the Army and back in college when an Army ROTC Cadet Major, got married in uniform... as a "Major"... He got dumped from being detachment X.O. that I know off, and other stuff that I don't...

Oh this "Einstein" took adds on both the campus newspaper and the "Tampa Tribune" were he identified himself as "Major and Mrs. Smith"...
Old 01-27-2012, 06:27 AM   #31
Isaiasgon is on a distinguished road
Isaiasgon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTacoma02 View Post
Nice! I wonder how many people shook his hand and thanked him for his service..
I am really hoping that no one did. I just separated out of the military honorably and its guys like him who really have no respect for the people who really go through it all while serving or being deployed. Basically, people like him are just cowards that want to take credit for something they didn't do.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:06 PM   #32
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
What an ass-clown, why do people feel the need to do this shit.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:57 PM   #33
Finally made it - U.S. Army Retired
cakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police
cakmakli's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Good news. A recent ruling by the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals

10th Circuit upholds Stolen Valor Act
By John Ingold
The Denver Post

The 10th Circuit Court of Appeals this morning upheld the Stolen Valor Act, which makes lying about having received military awards a federal crime.
Attorneys for Rick Strandlof, who claimed to be a decorated combat veteran, had argued that the act was an unconstitutional violation of free speech. A federal district court judge agreed, dismissing the charges against Strandlof.
In an opinion (PDF) issued this morning, two of the three judges on a 10th Circuit panel upheld the act, saying lies are not worthy of constitutional protection. A third judge dissented, saying he believes the act violates free speech.
In the majority opinion, judges Timothy Tymkovich and Bobby Baldock wrote that Stolen Valor criminalizes only statements that are knowingly false and that are objectively verifiable. The judges argue that the Supreme Court has said false statements don't get constitutional protection, "except to the extent necessary to protect more valuable speech."

Read more: 10th Circuit upholds Stolen Valor Act - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/breakingne...#ixzz1khbMl0rz
Old 01-27-2012, 03:13 PM   #35
newertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: electronics tech
Name: Kevin
newertoy's Tacoma Gallery
Any VET knows this guy is an ASS--you do not even need to get close--
ARM bands AND sholder patch!!!!!!
He is a 1stclass commander??? Never knew there was one of those--And the Ribbons--Fuck--he is not old enough--LOL
Some vet is going to KICK HIS ASS.
OPPS --there are four arm stripes---1st class CAPTAIN--at least he should do some RESEARH.
KICK HIS ASS
OOPS again--CHIEF CAPTAIN
Old 01-27-2012, 03:15 PM   #36
Fast Cars, Off-Road Trucks, and Hott Women ;)
Taco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Medical Corps
Name: Jake
Taco.VR4's Tacoma Gallery
The worst part is, if a group (hell even 1 of us could prob take him) who were NOT in uniform kicked is ass, the news would report is as violence TOWARDS military members
Old 01-27-2012, 03:32 PM   #38
Finally made it - U.S. Army Retired
cakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police
cakmakli's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by newertoy View Post
Any VET knows this guy is an ASS--you do not even need to get close--
ARM bands AND sholder patch!!!!!!
He is a 1stclass commander??? Never knew there was one of those--And the Ribbons--Fuck--he is not old enough--LOL
Some vet is going to KICK HIS ASS.
OPPS --there are four arm stripes---1st class CAPTAIN--at least he should do some RESEARH.
KICK HIS ASS
Those stripes on his lower sleeves are service stripes. One stripe = 3 years of service. That is what they looked like on the old Dress Blues. Pretty damn expensive to buy and to get sewed on. You can't just buy one stripe to add to what you already had, you had to buy all of them. My last set I had to buy two sets of 8 stripes. Damn near had to mortgage the house.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:57 AM   #39
newertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: electronics tech
Name: Kevin
newertoy's Tacoma Gallery
Do not know what service his coat is from looks to be COAST GUARD officer.
The single line "slash" was used as a four year mark.
The four rings on the bottom sleve represented "captain"
Looking at the shoulder button strap makes me think "O" coat.
Also believe the sholder patch represents "chief" . DANG so long ago--cannot remember if chief had the anchor ???
Does it really matter---PUNCH HIS LIGHTS OUT!!!!LOL
Now I will have to go check--got me wondering.
RETIRED----GOOD FOR YOU--20-30-or in between.
Had a Brother in law-retired afetr 20--made it to warrant--now has a GREAT job w/Bridgestone tire.
CID--Guess he was pretty good--my sister HATED it--undercover in Frankfurt germany--for quite a while
AGAIN__CONGRATS
Old 01-28-2012, 09:05 AM   #40
MightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Gabriel
MightyMouse-SCT's Tacoma Gallery
Old halloween costume ? Maybe his fathers ? Looks baggy on him .