1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Prayers for our fallen

Discussion in 'Military' started by hitmans.army, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Jan 28, 2012 at 4:06 PM
    hitmans.army

hitmans.army [OP] Just a guy.

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Myrtle Creek, OR
    Vehicle:
    '07 PreRunner & '40 Chrysler Coupe
    Bilstein 5100s up front with OME 885s, rear Add-A-Leaf, LED lights (tails, dome, map, plate lights), Kicker 8" in custom fiberglass enclosure under back seat, Kicker speakers throughout and Kicker amp for sub, Pioneer DVD Player, Satoshi Grille with Devil Horns, Leer 100XQ.
    I ask you to pray for all our fallen troops. But today I specifically ask that you pray for 2 of my friends who we lost a year ago while we were in Afghanistan. Spc Joshua Campbell and Spc Shawn "Ox" Muhr were killed by an IED while on mission on 29 Jan 2011 in Afghanistan. Ox was like an older brother to me and I had promised him that the best man space at my wedding would be his. It still will be.
    No matter how upset someone was, Ox could make them laugh. His laugh and smile were contagious, and I have not met anyone who did not like him. While we weren't in the same platoon, we spent a lot of time around eachother while deployed and before we deployed we spent almost every day hanging out. I can't say enough to make people see what a great guy he was.
    Even as my girl calls me to talk about what happened a year ago, I can't help but smile when I think of him. Through all the tears I shed thinking about the loss of my best friend, I still smile. It hurts to think that I should have been on that mission with him, to think that maybe if I had something would be different. But every morning I wake up, I know that I had the best bud that anyone could ask for, that I was trained by the best and that I knew one person who honestly changed the world.
    I miss you Shawn. My friend. My brother. Rest In Peace. We will never forget.

2. Jan 28, 2012 at 4:16 PM
    cakmakli

cakmakli Finally made it - U.S. Army Retired

Member:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport
    So sorry for you loss. I know how hard it is.

My prayers for them, you, and their families.

3. Jan 28, 2012 at 4:17 PM
    GregLee98

GregLee98 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma TRD Sport
    TRD Cold Air Intake TRD Cat-back Exhaust URD MAF Calibrator 3 inch Top Gunz Customz Lift Spidertrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers Goodyear Wrangler MT/R w/Kevlar (275/75R/17) Tires Power Tailgate Lock linked to power door locks Back-up Sensors Bakflip F1 DIY Auto-dim Rearview Mirror Power Sliding Rear Window Mod by BenWA 4x4 Switch Light Mod 400W Inverter Anytime Mod 110V In Cab Mod with 25' Extension Cord Rear Differential Breather Relocation Mod Chirp on Lock Mod A/C Off with Defrost Mod Brighter Reverse Lights Mod Tailgate Theft Deterrence (Clamp) TRD Seat Covers Extra D-Rings in front of bed
    Thanks for your service. Our Fallen are always remembered.

4. Jan 28, 2012 at 4:28 PM
    dayNnite4

dayNnite4 We can't stop here, this is bat country.

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Southern NH
    Vehicle:
    '11 4x4 5-speed AC
    sorry for you loss man..

5. Jan 28, 2012 at 6:27 PM
    boatswain

boatswain Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    carl
    palmerton,PA.
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Sport access cab, magnetic grey metallic.
    lost one of my childhood buds. during vietnam. will always remember him. drive by the cemetery everyday, and sometimes stop to visit. know the feeling.

Products Discussed in

To Top