Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Prayers for our fallen

Old 01-28-2012, 04:06 PM   #1
Just a guy.
hitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Veteran
Name: Chris
hitmans.army's Tacoma Gallery
Prayers for our fallen

I ask you to pray for all our fallen troops. But today I specifically ask that you pray for 2 of my friends who we lost a year ago while we were in Afghanistan. Spc Joshua Campbell and Spc Shawn "Ox" Muhr were killed by an IED while on mission on 29 Jan 2011 in Afghanistan. Ox was like an older brother to me and I had promised him that the best man space at my wedding would be his. It still will be.
No matter how upset someone was, Ox could make them laugh. His laugh and smile were contagious, and I have not met anyone who did not like him. While we weren't in the same platoon, we spent a lot of time around eachother while deployed and before we deployed we spent almost every day hanging out. I can't say enough to make people see what a great guy he was.
Even as my girl calls me to talk about what happened a year ago, I can't help but smile when I think of him. Through all the tears I shed thinking about the loss of my best friend, I still smile. It hurts to think that I should have been on that mission with him, to think that maybe if I had something would be different. But every morning I wake up, I know that I had the best bud that anyone could ask for, that I was trained by the best and that I knew one person who honestly changed the world.
I miss you Shawn. My friend. My brother. Rest In Peace. We will never forget.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:16 PM   #2
Finally made it - U.S. Army Retired
cakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police
cakmakli's Tacoma Gallery
So sorry for you loss. I know how hard it is.

My prayers for them, you, and their families.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:28 PM   #4
We can't stop here, this is bat country.
dayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
dayNnite4's Tacoma Gallery
sorry for you loss man..
Old 01-28-2012, 06:27 PM   #5
boatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: boat coxswain,USS SIMON LAKE AS-33
Name: carl
boatswain's Tacoma Gallery
lost one of my childhood buds. during vietnam. will always remember him. drive by the cemetery everyday, and sometimes stop to visit. know the feeling.