Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

No call back...

Old 02-06-2012, 07:38 AM   #1
pbaxTACO is on a distinguished road

pbaxTACO's Tacoma Gallery
No call back...

Had a long conversation with a Navy Reserve recruiter on the phone the other day, and by long, I mean all he wanted was my resume and to get me off the phone. He said he would call me back in 24 hours. It has been about a week now. I am sure there are a lot of dynamics in play here (i.e. need, my resume, available billets, etc.), but a follow up email (or call) would have been great. I don't mind not being needed or being the right candidate, but this just sucks.

I'll get down off my soapbox now.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:43 PM   #2
UH60Hwkdrvr is a jewel in the roughUH60Hwkdrvr is a jewel in the roughUH60Hwkdrvr is a jewel in the roughUH60Hwkdrvr is a jewel in the rough

Army: Helicopter Pilot
UH60Hwkdrvr's Tacoma Gallery
People get busy and sometimes forget, or they just suck at their job or maybe they don't need you. However, if you want a job with these folks then you got to create your own luck...call that joker back and make him give you an answer about your inquiry. If he is too busy, unwilling or unable then find another Recruiter. This is your life, take charge and make it happen!

M.A.C.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:55 PM   #3
newertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: electronics tech
Name: Kevin
newertoy's Tacoma Gallery
Are you set on the NAVY?
Try Coast Guard--If I were going to rejoin--thats where I would go.
Many former "Coasties" share the same opinion.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:42 AM   #4
AMS1(AW), USN retired
Twizter68 has much to be proud ofTwizter68 has much to be proud ofTwizter68 has much to be proud ofTwizter68 has much to be proud ofTwizter68 has much to be proud ofTwizter68 has much to be proud ofTwizter68 has much to be proud ofTwizter68 has much to be proud ofTwizter68 has much to be proud of
Navy: Retired AMS1(AW)
Name: Bill
Twizter68's Tacoma Gallery
To be blunt, he likely didn't call back because Navy Reserve is swamped. The first round of ERB (Enlisted Retention Board) boots just went down, and a LOT of active duty folks got pushed out into the IRR/Active Reserve ranks, and they have to try and find slots for them...and I doubt it's going to get any better, any time soon, for ANY of the services.