Notices

Airborne

Old 02-13-2012, 10:55 AM   #21
scott504 will become famous soon enough
scott504's Tacoma Gallery
3/504 PIR 88-92
Old 02-13-2012, 07:26 PM   #23
Pork eating crusader. An "infidel".
Jib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant future

Army: 99Z Combat Ninja
Name: Ari
Jib Bandits's Tacoma Gallery
I keep requesting airborne, but being a nasty girl (Natty Guard to the civillians) my unit keeps saying they won't send me... Dammit!! I guess I just gotta switch to active for the cool shit.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:40 PM   #24
trdkrupp is on a distinguished road

Army: CBRN Technician, 2-44 ADA
Name: Nate
trdkrupp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jib Bandits View Post
I keep requesting airborne, but being a nasty girl (Natty Guard to the civillians) my unit keeps saying they won't send me... Dammit!! I guess I just gotta switch to active for the cool shit.
Just going to active duty may not help. I'm in the 101st and even the guys we send to Ranger school can't get Airborne unless it's an MTOE slot. I've requested to got to Bragg a half dozen times just to be able to go to school and still can't get it. It all comes down to $ now. Air Assault school was fun 12 yrs ago and nothing beats the ride to the OBJ in a blackhawk.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:34 PM   #25
burnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired
burnt_tiger's Tacoma Gallery
holy shit trdkrupp...i was 1/327 tigerforce. what platoon do you have?
Old 02-14-2012, 03:32 AM   #26
Airborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Tim
Airborne09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt_tiger View Post
the 101st is not an airborne unit but wears the tab and jump boot with class As. no maroon beret though. The tab and boots are worn because of the history of the unit
Yea its all heritage with them. Yet, now days they have some of the most messed up units out there. ie. COL Steel (guy from black hawk down), then you got 3rd BDE Rakasans, my last deployment they replaced us they are some of the most jacked up guys you will ever meet. Now their replacing me again here in a few months, oh the joy...
Old 02-14-2012, 05:59 AM   #27
Baja4x4 is on a distinguished road
Baja4x4's Tacoma Gallery
MOUNTAIN! got my airborne and air assault wings and guess where I ended up in the Mother fucking 10th MTN! atleast i enjoyed the 5 jumps I did get
Old 02-14-2012, 07:07 AM   #28
Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 94B/76Y Medical Honorable Discharge
Name: Raph, and I'm from Tampa, FL.
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
The Driver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja4x4 View Post
MOUNTAIN! got my airborne and air assault wings and guess where I ended up in the Mother fucking 10th MTN! atleast i enjoyed the 5 jumps I did get
I remember readin about the 10th Mountain meant to have been station at Ft. Carson, instead of Ft. Drum, and the political shennanigans that were made to let that happen.

That was a disgrace and a disservice to y'all if I've ever seen one!
Old 02-14-2012, 07:15 AM   #29
Baja4x4 is on a distinguished road
Baja4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
I remember readin about the 10th Mountain meant to have been station at Ft. Carson, instead of Ft. Drum, and the political shennanigans that were made to let that happen.

That was a disgrace and a disservice to y'all if I've ever seen one!
it was originaly there and moved it to the flattest coldest part of america(i want to say they did it to put us next to mountain warfare school?). aside from the hihgspeed training i got to do while i was there it is a total soup sandwhich...but it was my soup sandwhich and i appriciate everything i did there and all the experiances i got althought i wish i had gotten here when they did have an airborne unit(in the early 2000's i believe) I would love to have an airborne tab above my mountain tab
Old 02-14-2012, 07:23 AM   #30
Airborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja4x4 View Post
I feel your pain, I went from Airborne school straight to Ft Drum. Hated that place with a passion. "Army's best kept secret" my ass lol
That place is in the middle of no where, with nothing to do ha
Old 02-14-2012, 09:43 AM   #31
jhatheway is on a distinguished road

Army: C co 1-134th Longe Range Surveillance
Name: Josh
jhatheway's Tacoma Gallery
35 jumps here. In a nasty girl LRS unit. Favorite jump memory was of my commander jumping on the red light cause we ran out of drop zone. Landing in some power lines on the opposite side of the highway(he didn't get injured). The icing was that not 30 min before he wouldnt cancel the jump even though the winds were too high to jump. Karma at its best. Unfortunately out of 60 guys we had like 20 injuries. None to severe but I was one of the Unfortunately
Old 02-14-2012, 03:52 PM   #32
ross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant future
Army:
ross123's Tacoma Gallery
some airborne action

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/mil...mff-video.html
Old 02-14-2012, 07:07 PM   #33
burnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne09 View Post
Yea its all heritage with them. Yet, now days they have some of the most messed up units out there. ie. COL Steel (guy from black hawk down), then you got 3rd BDE Rakasans, my last deployment they replaced us they are some of the most jacked up guys you will ever meet. Now their replacing me again here in a few months, oh the joy...
say what you want but they have an outstanding rep as a tough aggressive unit with the casualties to prove it. every unit has their share of shitbag joes and idiot officers.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:49 PM   #34
Tacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: SSG HHC 4/9 6th INF Div Scout Platoon Sgt.
Name: Ron
Tacodog's Tacoma Gallery
I was with the Aco. 1/187 in 88-90. They were squard away back then.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:06 AM   #35
Army:
Quote:
say what you want but they have an outstanding rep as a tough aggressive unit with the casualties to prove it. every unit has their share of shitbag joes and idiot officers.
Oh there's no doubt they were "aggressive" last deployment, but I saw them do some shit that just made me stand back and be like wtf are you doing...
But also being back here right now in the same AO, and seeing the shit that they did, I mean there's messes that the unit we replaced wasn't even able to clean up from them and we're still doing. We even found a giant 20'x20' Rakasan symbol on top of the roof out or building... I mean they had enough time to site around and make this; out of metal no less. Yet they couldn't stop their own guys from dying... Just dumbfounds me, to say the lease.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:08 PM   #36

Those guys do have a lot of pride in their unit. No unit is perfect, anyone who says so is full of shit. Not sure what you mean by having time to build something and can't keep their guys from dying. That's a comment that should have never been made. No unit or leader can control what fight they get in or what tactics will be used by their enemy. I would really hope that you're just talking out your ass and I hope that the other members reading this realize that. Remember no plan ever survives the first enemy contact. The stupid stuff that happens seems to happen at the junior leader level. Namely the kill squad debacle that made headlines a few months ago are the black marks that units carry and will carry. That is true problem with the Army. The cowboy mentality has to go away.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:11 PM   #37

Quote:
holy shit trdkrupp...i was 1/327 tigerforce. what platoon do you have?
I'm at the BCT HQ in the S3 shop. On my way out to WOC in 2 months. PM me anytime you want
Old 02-15-2012, 01:22 PM   #38
Retired Senior NCO
sfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired U.S. Army Air Defender
Name: Dan
sfcadams's Tacoma Gallery

Only Air Assault here.....
Old 02-15-2012, 02:47 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne09 View Post
Oh there's no doubt they were "aggressive" last deployment, but I saw them do some shit that just made me stand back and be like wtf are you doing...
But also being back here right now in the same AO, and seeing the shit that they did, I mean there's messes that the unit we replaced wasn't even able to clean up from them and we're still doing. We even found a giant 20'x20' Rakasan symbol on top of the roof out or building... I mean they had enough time to site around and make this; out of metal no less. Yet they couldn't stop their own guys from dying... Just dumbfounds me, to say the lease.
did you ever think that the Rakasan symbol was erected to honor their fallen brothers? Men died doing the job we were sent to do, thats just the nature of war. You are very close to a universally unforgivable sin in the military of dishonoring the fallen. More specifically you just pisssed on all those men who lost a brother by telling them that they let their brothers down.

think before you open your mouth
Old 02-16-2012, 01:13 AM   #40
Army:
Quote:
did you ever think that the Rakasan symbol was erected to honor their fallen brothers? Men died doing the job we were sent to do, thats just the nature of war. You are very close to a universally unforgivable sin in the military of dishonoring the fallen. More specifically you just pisssed on all those men who lost a brother by telling them that they let their brothers down.

think before you open your mouth
I ain't disrespecting any of those that died over here, I have lost my own friends in this war, including family members. I know the sacrifices that have been made. All I was saying is that when you walk around all the FOB's/COP's here in RC East all you see is their symbol spray painted, and giant signs everywhere. Just doesn't seem to me that their heads may have been in the right place doing that when we're here "securing the population" but they felt the need for graffiti....
Now I am not saying that my unit has not done the same, because I have seen ours too, but not to the extent of them.