LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Airborne

Old 02-15-2012, 01:22 PM   #41
Retired Senior NCO
sfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired U.S. Army Air Defender
Name: Dan
sfcadams's Tacoma Gallery

Only Air Assault here.....
Old 02-15-2012, 02:47 PM   #42
burnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired
burnt_tiger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne09 View Post
Oh there's no doubt they were "aggressive" last deployment, but I saw them do some shit that just made me stand back and be like wtf are you doing...
But also being back here right now in the same AO, and seeing the shit that they did, I mean there's messes that the unit we replaced wasn't even able to clean up from them and we're still doing. We even found a giant 20'x20' Rakasan symbol on top of the roof out or building... I mean they had enough time to site around and make this; out of metal no less. Yet they couldn't stop their own guys from dying... Just dumbfounds me, to say the lease.
did you ever think that the Rakasan symbol was erected to honor their fallen brothers? Men died doing the job we were sent to do, thats just the nature of war. You are very close to a universally unforgivable sin in the military of dishonoring the fallen. More specifically you just pisssed on all those men who lost a brother by telling them that they let their brothers down.

think before you open your mouth
Old 02-16-2012, 01:13 AM   #43
Airborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Tim
Airborne09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt_tiger View Post
did you ever think that the Rakasan symbol was erected to honor their fallen brothers? Men died doing the job we were sent to do, thats just the nature of war. You are very close to a universally unforgivable sin in the military of dishonoring the fallen. More specifically you just pisssed on all those men who lost a brother by telling them that they let their brothers down.

think before you open your mouth
I ain't disrespecting any of those that died over here, I have lost my own friends in this war, including family members. I know the sacrifices that have been made. All I was saying is that when you walk around all the FOB's/COP's here in RC East all you see is their symbol spray painted, and giant signs everywhere. Just doesn't seem to me that their heads may have been in the right place doing that when we're here "securing the population" but they felt the need for graffiti....
Now I am not saying that my unit has not done the same, because I have seen ours too, but not to the extent of them.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:23 AM   #44
battleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant future

Army: 11 Bang Bang Squad leader, 25th ID, with 4 vacations to the exotic lands of the middle east.
Name: David
battleyota's Tacoma Gallery
Ohh Ya, I remember my first jum.......wait...nope, Just a leg here. I'll stick to humping everything except a parachute
Old 02-16-2012, 06:00 AM   #45
A Member
AirborneTaco is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Airborne Engineer
AirborneTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I ain't disrespecting any of those that died over here, I have lost my own friends in this war, including family members. I know the sacrifices that have been made. All I was saying is that when you walk around all the FOB's/COP's here in RC East all you see is their symbol spray painted, and giant signs everywhere. Just doesn't seem to me that their heads may have been in the right place doing that when we're here "securing the population" but they felt the need for graffiti....
Now I am not saying that my unit has not done the same, because I have seen ours too, but not to the extent of them.
I wouldnt consider spraying their symbol or making signs graffiti. I'd call it unit pride. Kinda like a dog pissing on a tree or hydrant or something. Gotta mark your territory and where you've been.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:06 AM   #46
TriageBAE is a splendid one to beholdTriageBAE is a splendid one to beholdTriageBAE is a splendid one to beholdTriageBAE is a splendid one to beholdTriageBAE is a splendid one to beholdTriageBAE is a splendid one to beholdTriageBAE is a splendid one to behold

Army: JSOC - 173d Airborne Infantry Senior Line Medic - 25th ID Flight Medic
Name: Robert
TriageBAE's Tacoma Gallery
March 2003 with the 173D Able Co. 2/503D ABN IN into Northern Iraq, got my mustard stain. Nice flight from Italy and in-flight rig. People say the DZ was secure...those people weren't there. It definitely wasn't Panama, but we received some small arms fire...and we didn't know what we were getting into. I ran into a chute on the way down. What was impressive was the amount of C-17s...never seen that many before and this was my 84th jump. When I got out I had just over 100 static and 24 free fall...and my knees are shot at 32. lol good times
Airborne!

Sky Soldiers!!!

Old 02-18-2012, 12:38 PM   #47
Justin W is a glorious beacon of lightJustin W is a glorious beacon of lightJustin W is a glorious beacon of lightJustin W is a glorious beacon of lightJustin W is a glorious beacon of light

Army: Squad Leader D co 52nd Infantry (AT) "Hellcats"
Name: Justin
Justin W's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Justin W
WOW!!!! man that is badass, seriously i am jealous, I remember hearing about that when it happened.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:44 PM   #48
junglefighter25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjunglefighter25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjunglefighter25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjunglefighter25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjunglefighter25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjunglefighter25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjunglefighter25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjunglefighter25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjunglefighter25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjunglefighter25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjunglefighter25 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Airborne Infantryman
Name: Bob
junglefighter25's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome. Good to see you fucking snake eaters on here.
Airborne!
Old 02-18-2012, 01:38 PM   #49
Justin W is a glorious beacon of lightJustin W is a glorious beacon of lightJustin W is a glorious beacon of lightJustin W is a glorious beacon of lightJustin W is a glorious beacon of light

Army: Squad Leader D co 52nd Infantry (AT) "Hellcats"
Name: Justin
Justin W's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Justin W
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdkrupp View Post
Those guys do have a lot of pride in their unit. No unit is perfect, anyone who says so is full of shit. Not sure what you mean by having time to build something and can't keep their guys from dying. That's a comment that should have never been made. No unit or leader can control what fight they get in or what tactics will be used by their enemy. I would really hope that you're just talking out your ass and I hope that the other members reading this realize that. Remember no plan ever survives the first enemy contact. The stupid stuff that happens seems to happen at the junior leader level. Namely the kill squad debacle that made headlines a few months ago are the black marks that units carry and will carry. That is true problem with the Army. The cowboy mentality has to go away.
absolutely agree with this 100%!!
Old 02-26-2012, 04:37 AM   #52
Airborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt_tiger View Post
LGOPs
LGOPS for the win!
My 1SG has LGOP posters everywhere, its his favorite saying lol
Old 03-04-2012, 03:50 PM   #53
dustin19d is just really nicedustin19d is just really nicedustin19d is just really nicedustin19d is just really nicedustin19d is just really nice
Army:
Name: Dustin
dustin19d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirborneTaco View Post
A "leg" or "dirty nasty leg" is someone that doesn't have wings and isn't a jumper
I have not been to Airborne school. However I collect Halo pay and have around 1,000 jumps, the vast majority of those jumps are out of military aircraft. Here's a pic from a training jump we did last Friday.

Now, before you unleash the hounds , I have 12 Years TIS, several deployments and 2 years Drill Sgt time. But I am deffinately a dirty nasty 19D "leg" at heart.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:06 PM   #54
dustin19d is just really nicedustin19d is just really nicedustin19d is just really nicedustin19d is just really nicedustin19d is just really nice
Army:
And one we did a couple hours ago.
Flags are US and POW

Old 03-05-2012, 05:29 PM   #55
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Instructor: AAAB/Bravo Co 1-210 AVN REGT/128th AVN BDE (Provisional)
Name: Ryan Mathis
Location: Lives: Newport News, VA(soon to be Ft. Carson)/Home: Leesburg, GA
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustin19d View Post
Flags are US and POW

a guy in my last unit was a golden knight before going to germany.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:42 PM   #56
TriageBAE is a splendid one to beholdTriageBAE is a splendid one to beholdTriageBAE is a splendid one to beholdTriageBAE is a splendid one to beholdTriageBAE is a splendid one to beholdTriageBAE is a splendid one to beholdTriageBAE is a splendid one to behold

Army: JSOC - 173d Airborne Infantry Senior Line Medic - 25th ID Flight Medic
Name: Robert
TriageBAE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Flags are US and POW

Nice! I did DZ coverage at Bragg for some Golden Knights, and they almost had me ready to try out. Looking to get my civilian license now.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:46 AM   #57
Army:
Quote:
I have not been to Airborne school. However I collect Halo pay and have around 1,000 jumps, the vast majority of those jumps are out of military aircraft. Here's a pic from a training jump we did last Friday.

Now, before you unleash the hounds , I have 12 Years TIS, several deployments and 2 years Drill Sgt time. But I am deffinately a dirty nasty 19D "leg" at heart.
I didn't know you could be a Golden Knight and not be ABN....
And 1,000 jumps? You guys really jump that much?
Old 03-07-2012, 11:23 AM   #58
Army:
Quote:
I didn't know you could be a Golden Knight and not be ABN....
And 1,000 jumps? You guys really jump that much?
Yeah, we jump a lot. I've done 16 training jumps in a day. You do have to be Airborne or "willing to attend Abn School" After 2 years on the team I'm finaly going at the end of March. Not looking forward to static line

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriageBAE View Post
Nice! I did DZ coverage at Bragg for some Golden Knights, and they almost had me ready to try out. Looking to get my civilian license now.
We are always looking for good teamates. Check out armygk.com, there is a Tryout link towards the top with all the info you need. The normal tour is 4 years, it used to be 3 but we struggled to keep slots full, then it's back down to the trenches.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:13 PM   #59
A Member
AirborneTaco is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Airborne Engineer
AirborneTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfcadams View Post

Only Air Assault here.....
Just finished up Air Assault today. I like jumping more, but if I had to pick which school was better...Air Assault. All of the time was filled and a lot of information to take in, in a short amount of time. Wasnt standing and waiting around. Plus i stayed in lodging, so thats always a win as opposed to barracks. Ha
Old 03-08-2012, 04:14 AM   #60
Army:
Quote:
Yeah, we jump a lot. I've done 16 training jumps in a day. You do have to be Airborne or "willing to attend Abn School" After 2 years on the team I'm finaly going at the end of March. Not looking forward to static line
Static line ain't bad. I love the rush that you get as soon as the jump doors open and everyone is yanking on their static lines making the cable jump up and down, then as soon as you exit the bird and every thing is quiet. Nothing beats that feeling, in my opinion.
And being the #1 jumper watching the ground fly by like that, those jumps are the best, especially since you don't gotta worry about the guy in front of you screwing you over lol