Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Airborne

Old 09-02-2012, 05:44 PM   #81
Infidel
abn2060 is on a distinguished road

abn2060's Tacoma Gallery
Been on jump status for 12 years and a JM since 2003. Being a Paratrooper/JM has been one of the most gratifying things I have ever done. I would recommend anyone in the military to get to jump school if they can.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:21 AM   #82
FallingChris is on a distinguished road
Army: 82nd ABN DIV
Name: Chris
FallingChris's Tacoma Gallery
10 jumps here, working on getting to 15-20 jumps before dropping my white slip paper work. Been in service for 4 years, 2 of them ABN status (only 1 year jumping due to deployment). Zero regrets going ABN!
Old 09-29-2012, 12:57 AM   #83
larkno is on a distinguished road
Army: 5th Special Forces Group (A)
Name: Ryan
larkno's Tacoma Gallery
Graduated Airborne School in June 2009.....My commander broke his back when they jumped in high winds....Luckily I did'nt have to jump that day. Oh and "hands across America" on the DZ because some guy thought he lost his NVG's when in reality he never brought them.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:13 PM   #84
overactor is on a distinguished road
Army: Alpha Co 1st-504th PIR Airborne Intantry
Name: robbie
overactor's Tacoma Gallery
Aco 1-504th PIR "Alpha Bone" 82nd Airborne Division 00-05. And im still stuck in this shithole fatalville. I have a lot of fun stories Ill post some when Im not typing on my phone.

Firt jump in division.

Knees in the breeze!
Old 10-29-2012, 08:45 AM   #85
Flight Ready
Space Junk is on a distinguished road

Space Junk's Tacoma Gallery
Wanted to go Airborne when I joined in '83. Told my recruiter that after basic and AIT I might be sick of training and could I decide to go after AIT, he said nooo problem! After I graduated I figured how much worse could four more weeks of training be after all I had been through so far, and so I asked if I could sign up for jump school. They laughed at me and said I would have needed to sign up when I first joined! After I got back home I looked for that recruiter but he was long gone. Missing out on that turned out to be my life's biggest single regret. I ended up jumping after I left the Army but it wasn't the same as earning that patch.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:43 PM   #86
jhatheway is on a distinguished road

Army: C co 1-134th Longe Range Surveillance
Name: Josh
jhatheway's Tacoma Gallery
Any fellow lawn darts have a good recommendation for a good helmet cam. I want to start recording my jumps.
AIRBORNE!!!
Old 03-03-2013, 07:58 PM   #87
Legend of the UG
Kappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 307th Expeditionary Sig BN
Name: Mike
Kappes03's Tacoma Gallery
Can't go wrong with the gopro
Old 03-03-2013, 08:42 PM   #88
jhatheway is on a distinguished road

Army: C co 1-134th Longe Range Surveillance
Name: Josh
jhatheway's Tacoma Gallery
Ya that's one of the two I was choosing from. The go pro and the contour. I just don't know how sturdy the contour mount would be
Old 03-07-2013, 11:46 PM   #89
overactor is on a distinguished road
Army: Alpha Co 1st-504th PIR Airborne Intantry
Name: robbie
overactor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhatheway View Post
Ya that's one of the two I was choosing from. The go pro and the contour. I just don't know how sturdy the contour mount would be
You here at bragg? If so maybe I can get you aloaner go pro to try out
Old 03-10-2013, 05:47 AM   #90
bobbybreach is on a distinguished road
Air Force: fire team leader
Name: bobby
bobbybreach's Tacoma Gallery
i have 26 jumps under my belt. my penis almost got sliced in half a few times from the harness and i never oce had a soft landing. i always hit like a sack of bricks.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:22 AM   #91
Infidel
abn2060 is on a distinguished road

abn2060's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbybreach View Post
i have 26 jumps under my belt. my penis almost got sliced in half a few times from the harness and i never oce had a soft landing. i always hit like a sack of bricks.
Yikes!!! You are doing something wrong....
Old 05-30-2013, 01:05 PM   #92
SteveT is on a distinguished road

Army: Retired Medic
Name: Steve
SteveT's Tacoma Gallery
88-92 Ft Bragg
Old 06-04-2013, 05:39 AM   #93
virginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Retired SNCO
virginiamarine's Tacoma Gallery
Went to Airborne school (benning) in 92. I was with recon then and billeted for jump pay which was nice. I enjoyed my experience with the Army. I especially enjoyed the laughter whenever the black hats first yelled out for "all dirt sailors to get on your face!" None of us understood who they were talking about for a second...and then realized they were yelling for all Marines. That was the funniest thing we've ever heard. They could only put us down for 10 push ups at that time due to Army policy....so we did so with big smiles on our faces. All the Navy guys jumped down too in a show of unity and vice versa. It was for me the most enjoyable school....not that much stress and learning new cadence. All the Sailors and Marines were salty while the majority of Army guys were green straight from AIT. We had 4 Air Force guys who were CC's and PJs. I don't know why I remember that. lol. Anyway, it was a time when the Army guys could wear the beret after school...there was a lot of pride in that I recall. I'll also never forget my one black hat (Sgt Female type) who chewed/dipped and spit just like the rest us....she couldn't run for anything, but she looked tough spitting. lol I'll stop my banter with my earliest memories of Airborne!!!!
Old 08-25-2013, 05:48 PM   #94
Chiloco is on a distinguished road
Army: 13F2P 82nd Airborne
Name: Kris
Chiloco's Tacoma Gallery
Did Airborne School in 95. Was a blast then. Got out in 2000 due to a jump injury. Another guy rode my chute on top to the ground where I promptly hit harder than anyone likes of course. Messed up my knee, lower back and neck. Disabled now due to it. Loads more stories of course but not enough space to write them all up.

2/319th AFAR FiSTer here.
Airborne. All The Way!
Old 11-23-2013, 11:51 AM   #95
CMerk is a splendid one to beholdCMerk is a splendid one to beholdCMerk is a splendid one to beholdCMerk is a splendid one to beholdCMerk is a splendid one to beholdCMerk is a splendid one to beholdCMerk is a splendid one to behold
Army: Commo
Name: Chad
CMerk's Tacoma Gallery
I've got lots of stories, but they're a lot better over a cold one.. I've got my star and my wreath, sitting somewhere around 80-85 now, stopped counting.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:43 AM   #96
Doug.McKee is on a distinguished road

Army:
Name: Doug
Doug.McKee's Tacoma Gallery
Airborne all the way

I went to Airborne school in 2008 and currently have 45 static line jumps. I have jumps numerous high and low performance aircraft. Hopefully will be a jumpmaster in the next couple months as well. failed out twice already from JMPI.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:15 AM   #97
CMerk is a splendid one to beholdCMerk is a splendid one to beholdCMerk is a splendid one to beholdCMerk is a splendid one to beholdCMerk is a splendid one to beholdCMerk is a splendid one to beholdCMerk is a splendid one to behold
Army: Commo
Name: Chad
CMerk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug.McKee View Post
I went to Airborne school in 2008 and currently have 45 static line jumps. I have jumps numerous high and low performance aircraft. Hopefully will be a jumpmaster in the next couple months as well. failed out twice already from JMPI.
Stick with it, JMPI can be a pain in the A$$, but its worth it if you make it through the course!! Good luck
Old 02-20-2014, 09:28 AM   #98
sitecr2 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: JetJockey/JTAC/ALO
Name: Don
sitecr2's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to sitecr2
Went to Benning for Jump school @ 42yrs old. Black hats gave me grief for being AF and old. Luckily our JM back at Wainwright prepped my *ss getting in shape and keeping my mouth shut before going. Had a good class - Marine Recon, Ranger Indocs, Bragg bound straphangers, Marine Arty, Seals, MPs and AF CCT/JTACs. With that mix we did a lot of pushups, bootslappers and leg lifts.

Oddest jump was w/ Ranger Rgt - Night infil taking down an Airbase w/ F-16s on the ramp and raining like a Banshee at 800'. Chute opened, looked over saw the RCO and RSM heading right towards the jets on the ramp pulling like a bitch to miss them, I was headed right for the swamp in the infield. RCO & RSM landed on runway and I hit just short of the swamp... listening to 20-30 Rangers splashing into it and running like the dickens to get out - fear of gators & snakes.
Funny now.
Old 03-30-2014, 10:42 PM   #99
snowbound is on a distinguished road
Army:
Name: Sean
snowbound's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredjumper View Post
I was an instructor/ Platoon Sergeant in Delta Company 1/507abn during that class, and ran the DZ. Her name was PFC Megan Adelman from Columbus Ohio! You are correct, she had a cigarette roll and didn't pull her reserve because she was unconcious, the investigation revealed that she that flip thru her risers due to a weak exit. We found her died on impact, her spine had been separated from her pelvis and the spine had busted thru the BDU pants between the pockets. It was pretty rough to see, for a while we didn't realize it was a double digit (female designation in Jump School) once someone realized it was a Female the mood grew much different. As Instructors many of us had seen combat deaths having been down range several times, but for my guys in DCO 1/507 this was the first female we'd encountered. Weird I guess, anyway what Platoon were you in brother, I had 1st Platoon Dco 1/507. Never Forget your FALLEN....HURRY UP, AIRBORNE!
I graduated Delta 1/507 on April 1, 1988.

I graduated with my cousin but neither one of us knew the other was there. We didn't figure it out until four years later. Go figure......
Old 03-30-2014, 10:48 PM   #100
snowbound is on a distinguished road
Army:
Name: Sean
snowbound's Tacoma Gallery
B Co, 1/509 PIR
1990-1992