LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Airborne

Old 02-10-2012, 05:55 AM   #1
Airborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Tim
Airborne09's Tacoma Gallery
Airborne

So we got any other Airborne personnel on here?
And none of those guys that are dirty nasty legs that were some how unfortunately attached to an ABN unit, but actual no shit qualified ABN personnel.

Give your best/favorite jump story, ie. it be from jump school or from a unit jump or foreign jump...

I'll start off ha.

So I had just got to AK with the 4th BDE (ABN) 25th ID. I had spent a year at Fort Drum and AK, was my first ABN assignment. Day 2 of being in the unit I'm told I'm jumping the next day and I feel like "shit man I ain't jumped in a year I'm scared shitless right now" lol.
Well the next day comes, do pre-manifest, pre-jump, manifest and all that bull shit, go to the JMC and rig up. Well no one told me this was going to a Map of the Earth flight, I didn't even know what that meant until my NCO told me. (for those who don't know, its where the bird fly's the geographical terrain of the earth below.)
Well we had NG flying us that day in a C-130 and after about 3 hours of flying all over AK up around Mt. McKinley and back with most everyone puking from the bouncyness of the flight.
We all stand up and hook up and get ready to go, when the guy in front of me (I was the 3rd jumper) just collapses and starts puking right there on the floor with just the 30 second warning being called. I pick him up and he says he's good and the JM checks him out and then we get the green light. We start walking towards the door, and as soon as the guy in front of me exits the plane what does he do, but starts puking again!! This guy is puking as he jumps and we had our CO (the first jumper) below him and he pukes all over his chute as he passes under him.
Funniest thing I ever saw was a man puking as he floats to the ground, and then my CO rolling up his chute and finding out there puke all over it lol
Old 02-10-2012, 03:40 PM   #2
ross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant future
Army:
ross123's Tacoma Gallery
i almost died at 13K feet on my first equipment/O2 HALO jump out of HALO school. lol
Old 02-11-2012, 10:32 AM   #3
burnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired
burnt_tiger's Tacoma Gallery
just a 5 jump chump here...and no cool stories. well there was that ROTC chick that thought she was hot shit, until the risers almost took her ear off. somebody forgot to keep her chin on her chest...
Old 02-11-2012, 11:05 AM   #4
Tacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: SSG HHC 4/9 6th INF Div Scout Platoon Sgt.
Name: Ron
Tacodog's Tacoma Gallery
My f'ed up stories are to long to type. Was with the 82nd ABN. 1/508 Inf. Sucide 8 if we can't kill you no one can. I'm talking about our own guys. 25 months with them and we killed 24 of are own guys in training.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:11 PM   #5
ross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant future
Army:
ross123's Tacoma Gallery
a girl died in my airborne class in 05. burned in, never opened her reserve.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:25 PM   #7
Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 94B/76Y Medical Honorable Discharge
Name: Raph, and I'm from Tampa, FL.
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
The Driver's Tacoma Gallery
I washed out due to injuries in my right ankle and right hip during ground week.

Well the bad ankle came from basic...

In any event, one of my life's greatest regrets was that I didn't earned my maroon beret and my jump wings.

While at the hospital, there were a couple of guys who got tuned BAD. One, got picked up by strong winds and wound up landing on an Alabama highway. It was the first person I ever saw in a full body cast!
Old 02-11-2012, 05:46 PM   #8
A Member
AirborneTaco is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Airborne Engineer
AirborneTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Airborne here. ha, first jump during jump week, I had packed up my chute and was headin to the road. Came up on a private that was zipping his chute up in his bag and wearing his harness. He had released both risers and shoved his chute in his bag. Was all sorts of f'd up. I told him they were gonna fuck him up if he went back like that and helped him unfuck himself. This kid was clearly in shock. Was pretty funny though.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:10 PM   #10
68Whiskey has a brilliant future68Whiskey has a brilliant future68Whiskey has a brilliant future68Whiskey has a brilliant future68Whiskey has a brilliant future68Whiskey has a brilliant future68Whiskey has a brilliant future68Whiskey has a brilliant future68Whiskey has a brilliant future68Whiskey has a brilliant future68Whiskey has a brilliant future

Army: Medic / Hangover fixer
Name: Richie
68Whiskey's Tacoma Gallery
Leg here

Im attached to the 82nd 4th BCT

Im a medic and i pull coverage on jumps to avoid shoot shakeouts and i see all the good injuries as they happen ... which in all reality is why im still a leg
Old 02-11-2012, 07:38 PM   #11
GrayTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrayTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrayTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrayTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrayTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrayTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrayTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrayTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrayTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrayTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrayTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Paratrooper
Name: Andy
GrayTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Former PARATOOPER here, fracture a vertebrate on a 600Ft combat load night training exercise. I had a twisted choote, by the time I deployed the reserve I was hitting the ground, did my PLF, I knew I landed hard so I rolled over undid all my equiptment, check all motion to my legs, all good till I got up. thats when my whole body crack like a potatoe chip. I sat on my rucksack and as I was taking out my red chemlight the medics were there to assist me. they could not believe I was alive. They told me they did not see my choote at all and that I landed like a bag of potatoes. I was medevac to the hospital where all hte fun began, but that's another story. YES, I will do it all over again. I miss the guys and the comodarity. I served with the 82nd, NC and 6TH RTB, FL
Old 02-11-2012, 07:47 PM   #12
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Sub's for stories. I wanted to be a PJ so bad but hearing loss kept me from it. Thanks for everything guy's. Also I understand that this is a Military thread but it would be appreciated if you could explain a little bit of the military jargon you use for us civilians.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:07 PM   #13
A Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorseforever View Post
Sub's for stories. I wanted to be a PJ so bad but hearing loss kept me from it. Thanks for everything guy's. Also I understand that this is a Military thread but it would be appreciated if you could explain a little bit of the military jargon you use for us civilians.
A "leg" or "dirty nasty leg" is someone that doesn't have wings and isn't a jumper
Old 02-11-2012, 10:36 PM   #14
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirborneTaco View Post
A "leg" or "dirty nasty leg" is someone that doesn't have wings and isn't a jumper
But are allowed to wear the unit patch and tab, so long as they are with that unit. Pure BS in my opinion (they shouldn't), but what the heck do I know, I'm just a wash out.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:43 PM   #15
A Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
But are allowed to wear the unit patch and tab, so long as they are with that unit. Pure BS in my opinion (they shouldn't), but what the heck do I know, I'm just a wash out.
You know, i was curious about that. At school i was surprised to see soldiers wearing Airborne tabs and they had their maroon berets while going through. Seems that the "Airborne" title kind of lost the prestige it had. Then again, im not army so i could be wrong. And feel free to correct me if i am
Old 02-11-2012, 10:54 PM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirborneTaco View Post
You know, i was curious about that. At school i was surprised to see soldiers wearing Airborne tabs and they had their maroon berets while going through. Seems that the "Airborne" title kind of lost the prestige it had. Then again, im not army so i could be wrong. And feel free to correct me if i am
U got to remember that I did basic in '92. But back then in another company there were a bunch of NG guys, that where wearing the tabs and patches.

We thought they looked ridiculous, and told them so every chance we got. The Drill Sgt's being RA, didn't exactly stopped us...

Never did see anyone wearing the Beret, that had not earned them though...
Old 02-12-2012, 12:35 PM   #17
my6 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: SAC/SP
my6's Tacoma Gallery
Would it be cool for a son of a retired 11th Airborne Msgt tell some of his fathers stories of Korea here. They are the stories I grew up with and being "old school" my dad would never think of retelling them to anyone.
Old 02-12-2012, 03:20 PM   #18
Taco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Taco Gunner's Tacoma Gallery
Nap of earth....not map of earth.

I was a C130 Loadmaster for 12 years and did a lot of money jumps and basic airborne schools. Had one guy hand me a puke bag as he was departing the aircraft which I promptly threw out the paratroop door after him. Most of the low level flights are at the request of the jump masters. Personally, I would take off, go direct to the DZ and get'r done.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:29 AM   #19
Airborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Tim
Airborne09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
My PSG, actually kicks people out of my platoon if their not airborne qualified. His philosophy, if your in an ABN unit you better be airborne. Seen it time and time again.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:01 AM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne09 View Post
My PSG, actually kicks people out of my platoon if their not airborne qualified. His philosophy, if your in an ABN unit you better be airborne. Seen it time and time again.

Kudos to your PSG, that's the way it should be. Wearing a patch you have not earned, should be considered a disrespectful act.