Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Infantry (11B/0311) BS Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 05:17 AM   #21
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruger988 View Post
Support guy crashing the party....
Every Marine is an 0311 at heart.

0341 here.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:24 AM   #22
Justin W is a glorious beacon of lightJustin W is a glorious beacon of lightJustin W is a glorious beacon of lightJustin W is a glorious beacon of lightJustin W is a glorious beacon of light

Army: Squad Leader D co 52nd Infantry (AT) "Hellcats"
Name: Justin
Justin W's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Justin W
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
Every Marine is an 0311 at heart.

0341 here.
Nice! a mortarman well welcome aboard bro!!!
Old 02-14-2012, 05:27 AM   #23
Baja4x4 is on a distinguished road
Baja4x4's Tacoma Gallery
11B E5(R) got my medical retirement this month out of Fort Drum NY 2-22IN scouts platoon. the Marines really split up there infantrymen huh?
Old 02-14-2012, 05:29 AM   #24
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
0311 - Rifleman
0331 - Machine gunners
0341 - Mortarmen
0351 - Assualt (these guys have to know EVER military vehicle by sight)
Old 02-14-2012, 05:37 AM   #25
Apricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Lcpl, 3/8 & 3rd FAST
Name: Henry
Apricotshot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
0311 - Rifleman
0331 - Machine gunners
0341 - Mortarmen
0351 - Assualt (these guys have to know EVER military vehicle by sight)
And by thermal sight (For the Javelin), a lot of things look alike.

Do they even have 0352's (TOW Gunners) anymore?
Old 02-14-2012, 05:39 AM   #26
Justin W is a glorious beacon of lightJustin W is a glorious beacon of lightJustin W is a glorious beacon of lightJustin W is a glorious beacon of lightJustin W is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja4x4 View Post
11B E5(R) got my medical retirement this month out of Fort Drum NY 2-22IN scouts platoon. the Marines really split up there infantrymen huh?
Well bro im sorry to hear about that, and i wish you the best of luck in what ever you do next!
Old 02-14-2012, 05:39 AM   #27
Baja4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apricotshot View Post
And by thermal sight (For the Javelin), a lot of things look alike.

Do they even have 0352's (TOW Gunners) anymore?
yeah i went to javaline school while i was down at Benning for sniper school it's a bad ass weapon system...to bad i only got to fire one real round...and it wasn't even in combat
Old 02-14-2012, 05:40 AM   #28

"Let us be clear about three facts: First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." -Field Marshal Earl Wavell
Old 02-14-2012, 05:41 AM   #29
Baja4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin W View Post
Well bro im sorry to hear about that, and i wish you the best of luck in what ever you do next!
actually i'll be signing a contract with Triple Canopy and back in Asscrackistan as a Designated Defensive Marksman later this summer. An IED isn't going to keep me out of there I'm going back for some revenge lol
Old 02-14-2012, 05:45 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja4x4 View Post
actually i'll be signing a contract with Triple Canopy and back in Asscrackistan as a Designated Defensive Marksman later this summer. An IED isn't going to keep me out of there I'm going back for some revenge lol
Hell Yes!!!! I love it!! I've been thinking of getting out and trying contracting. Just seems to be alot of money in it.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:48 AM   #31
Protected by Armor Tech Offroad
dbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Dennis
dbronzo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thats awesome!!!! in the Army there are two Infantry MOS's 11B which is your multi talented line guy and 11C the mortarman. Great to have some Marine brothers on here!!!
The Army used to have more than 2 back when I came in.

11B - Infantryman
11C - Mortar
11H - Anti-Tank Infantry (ie Tow and Dragon Gunners)
11M - Mechanized Infantry

Spent my first 5 years as an 11B in the 82d. Moved on to the SOF field as a 37F Psychological Operations.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:49 AM   #32
Texas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Recruiter
Texas Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I know I'm not an infantry MOS but I thought I'd drop in and say that I do have the utmost respect for you guys. It's amazing how quickly alot of us wingers take for granted what we do. There are many a days in which I wish I were ground side so I wouldn't have to deal with such stupidity.

Anyways, Semper Fi!
Old 02-14-2012, 05:51 AM   #33
Baja4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hell Yes!!!! I love it!! I've been thinking of getting out and trying contracting. Just seems to be alot of money in it.
I say go for it! I look forward to the money I'll be making(about double what I made in the army). It is very competative I lucked out being sniper qualified with combat experiance they take alot of guys with SF/SEAL/Recon experiance. But it never hurts to go after it you never know I'll have the proof of that in my bank account come summer
Old 02-14-2012, 05:56 AM   #35

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Taco View Post
I know I'm not an infantry MOS but I thought I'd drop in and say that I do have the utmost respect for you guys. It's amazing how quickly alot of us wingers take for granted what we do. There are many a days in which I wish I were ground side so I wouldn't have to deal with such stupidity.

Anyways, Semper Fi!
LONG HAIRED HIPPY!!!

J/K Every jarhead from the air wing that I ever met always had "long" hair.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:58 AM   #36
Texas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Recruiter
Texas Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
LONG HAIRED HIPPY!!!

J/K Every jarhead from the air wing that I ever met always had "long" hair.
Haha, maybe that's why I always get shit for actually having a high-reg.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:08 AM   #37
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
0311 from 1/6 up in this bitch
Old 02-14-2012, 06:20 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrande View Post
0311 from 1/6 up in this bitch
Whats up and shit!!!!
Old 02-14-2012, 06:23 AM   #39
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Whats up and shit!!!!
oh nothing, just thinking about war and stuff...
Old 02-14-2012, 06:37 AM   #40
Michael T is on a distinguished road
Army: 10th Mountain
Name: Michael
Michael T's Tacoma Gallery
I was a 11C and then 11A. I was with the 25th Inf Division (Tropic Lightning) and the 10th Mtn Division. I was so glad I stayed light infantry the entire time.

One of you guys stated Ft Drum. I was with 1-87 Inf with the 10th. I was with 1-21 Inf with the 25th.

Regardless of MOS, I thank each and every one of you for your service. It takes courage to volunteer for the military and toe the line against our enemies. I understand the Infantry is what holds our ground. BUT, I spent a couple of years in the reserves (hated it) but was with a support unit. I was very impressed on what goes on behind the scenes to get us our bullets, beans, and body bags. I would take the Infantry any day.