Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Autozone employee RANT

Old 02-26-2012, 06:23 PM   #1
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Angry Autozone employee RANT

I went autozone today to pick up a Duralast Gold battery for my truck. Took the battery up to the counter and here's how it went:

Employee: Is that it?
Me: Yep, oh yeah, military as well(as I pull out my military ID)
Employee: Are you asking me or telling me for a discount?
Me: (shocked) Yes
Emlpoyee: Military discount is a courtesy we offer and we don't have to.
Me: Silent biting my tongue and resisting the urge to come across the counter in bash his head into the fkn car battery.

I couldn't believe he had the balls to say that to me. I know it's not a right, but c'mon, don't be a dick. Especially, since I just got back home from deployment less than two weeks ago.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:26 PM   #2
I want a Painkiller!
Noslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Noslow100's Tacoma Gallery
Hopefully you told him to go f himself and left promptly.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:27 PM   #3
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Call his manager. If that gets you nowhere, call HIS manager. Then call corporate.

That's bullshit.

Thank you for your service.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:28 PM   #4
BaNgArAnG
06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Caleb
06TACOFIREMAN's Tacoma Gallery
yeah they offer a fire dept discount but only if i go in the store in uniform. thats the way it is everywhere we get a discount. some people are dicks like that we usually just bite our tongues and use a competitor next time. try advanced auto
Old 02-26-2012, 06:28 PM   #5
tacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
tacomalex's Tacoma Gallery
I would have replied, "Actually, I'm telling you to let me speak with your manager."
Old 02-26-2012, 06:29 PM   #6
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Stubbs95tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Say "ive killed men for walking infront of me... make my day asshole" then walk out
Old 02-26-2012, 06:31 PM   #7
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
Thats grimey man. What a dick.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:33 PM   #9
Kevin C will become famous soon enough
Kevin C's Tacoma Gallery
My solution to any situation like that, is to simply never spend my money there, ever again. I don't even let them know why by asking for a manager. It would give them the message that I care about them enough to remedy the situation. My 2 cents. I'm grateful for you service.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:34 PM   #10
Poodoo
luk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
I hope you walked out. Thank you for your service!
Oh and I am one that will talk to everyone until it gets taken care of. If I owned a buisness and one of my employees did such a thing I would hope someone would let me know, and I'd gladly take care of it. Obviously the owners support the Armed forces because they offer a discount.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:35 PM   #11
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
What a peckerhead. Does he just not respect military? Its not like giving the discount is costing him money.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:39 PM   #12
SSS
oneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: SSS
oneBIGroom's Tacoma Gallery
Fuck him.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:40 PM   #13
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noslow100 View Post
Hopefully you told him to go f himself and left promptly.
I wanted to reply "Well, the discount is from corporate, so you can kiss my a$$.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06TACOFIREMAN View Post
yeah they offer a fire dept discount but only if i go in the store in uniform. thats the way it is everywhere we get a discount. some people are dicks like that we usually just bite our tongues and use a competitor next time. try advanced auto
I hate that crap. There's a bunch of food joints that give military/fire/emt/police discount, but only in uniform

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomalex View Post
I would have replied, "Actually, I'm telling you to let me speak with your manager."
I'm pretty sure he was the night time manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin C View Post
My solution to any situation like that, is to simply never spend my money there, ever again. I don't even let them know why by asking for a manager. It would give them the message that I care about them enough to remedy the situation. My 2 cents. I'm grateful for you service.
I was in there 2 hours prior buying brake pads for my Matrix and the daytime manager saw my ID in my wallet and brought up the discount when I completely overlooked it.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:40 PM   #14
GETTN IT
th3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
th3bigk0's Tacoma Gallery
souljaboy works at auto zone?
Old 02-26-2012, 06:42 PM   #15
nobody4343 is a splendid one to beholdnobody4343 is a splendid one to beholdnobody4343 is a splendid one to beholdnobody4343 is a splendid one to beholdnobody4343 is a splendid one to beholdnobody4343 is a splendid one to beholdnobody4343 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jonathan
nobody4343's Tacoma Gallery
That's bullshit man I was a manager for 3 years in a store in new Mexico I never had this happen man dnt let one asshole make you chose a competitor not all workers of autozone are like this
Old 02-26-2012, 06:44 PM   #16
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery

Not the way to do it . That's on you .
Old 02-26-2012, 06:47 PM   #17
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
Haven't been there in 2 years. They treat anyone like crap there. I go to O'reillys or Advanced before them. Oh, and my neighbor is the manager at Autozone. Autozone, Menards and starbucks are my places I won't go.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:49 PM   #18
Palehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Palehorse1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac808 View Post
Emlpoyee: Military discount is a courtesy we offer and we don't have to...
Signed letter to their corporate office relating your experience with the address of the store in question will bring interesting results your way, informing the following sites of the same will help your fellow service members make decisions of where to spend their money as well.

http://www.military.com/discounts/

http://www.militaryspot.com/discounts/

I had a manager of a Home Depot store tell me that they do not offer a military discount and never will. I wrote a letter to their corporate office regaling the tale informing them that I no longer had any interest in doing business with them due to this policy and received a very prompt apology with a clarification of what their true military discount policy is in reply with a sizable Home Depot gift card to spend on my next trip. Upon that next trip I noticed that the general manager picture on the board up front had a different face on it.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:50 PM   #19
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haslefre View Post
Haven't been there in 2 years. They treat anyone like crap there. I go to O'reillys or Advanced before them. Oh, and my neighbor is the manager at Autozone. Autozone, Menards and starbucks are my places I won't go.
but.... you save big money at Menards

HA! I kid, I kid

OP, ya should have just smiled, put away your wallet and walked out.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:50 PM   #20
Custom User Title

Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post

Not the way to do it . That's on you .
Really? You think I should have asked. "Hey, do you guys offer military discount?" But, I already know they do. If I know a place has military discount, I usually just show my ID.

Is there a politically correct way to ask for the military discount? I'm open to new ideas.