Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Dependants at lunch...

Old 02-28-2012, 12:32 PM   #1
PELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed
PELLEY's Tacoma Gallery
Dependants at lunch...

Just need to rant... So I hate un-employed dependants who think that lunch time is the best time to take their army of kids to places like the post office with 10 different packages to mail right at 1130!!! You don't have a job, why can't you come do your crap during off hours instead of taking my 30 min lunch away from me. Now I get to stand in line for 30 minutes waiting for you instead of getting my crap done and getting some food... Why is it that people don't teach their dependants to stay clear of places like the foot court, commissary, post office, etc. from 1100-1300... Drives me crazy!!! And the fact that they can't read the sign at the commissary that says "uniformed personnel to front of the line" drive me crazy too! They always get so mad when I say "excuse me; I need to get in front of you."

OK rant C/W!!! I'm over it now.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:37 PM   #2
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
What makes you so special that you think everyone elses world should take a backseat to yours?
Old 02-28-2012, 12:40 PM   #3
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post
What makes you so special that you think everyone elses world should take a backseat to yours?
Lol x2

Edit : My bad OP , I didn't notice till just now this is in the military section

I should have kept my trap shut
Old 02-28-2012, 12:40 PM   #4
Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 94B/76Y Medical Honorable Discharge
Name: Raph, and I'm from Tampa, FL.
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
The Driver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post

Probably because when you are ON UNIFORM at a POST you do get to go to the front of the line. Oh yeah 30 mins for lunch also!
Old 02-28-2012, 12:40 PM   #5
PELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed
PELLEY's Tacoma Gallery
The fact that I am on a military base, and that uniformed personnel take priority in most cases. I am not talking about the post office or Wendy's in town, but on base, where these places were originally put there for our use. As I mentioned it is a rant, but I know many other members that I have the pleasure of serving with feel the same way...
Old 02-28-2012, 12:40 PM   #6
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
want some OZ?
Old 02-28-2012, 12:42 PM   #7
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by medic2230 View Post
want some OZ?
I edited my post
Old 02-28-2012, 12:43 PM   #8
PELLEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I edited my post
All good dude!!! Thanks!!!
Old 02-28-2012, 12:44 PM   #9
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
I saw the first reply and knew this was gonna go bad quick. I know what you were talking about OP.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:45 PM   #10
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
Your with common people that grow up around it. ( wives and children of military) and you all look the same. They dont think your any different than them. ID and base pass is powerful.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:47 PM   #11
Mind = Blown
Loudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: EOD
Name: Blair
Loudpedal's Tacoma Gallery
I have to agree with the OP. I always hated the roving dependapotamus herds...
Old 02-28-2012, 12:47 PM   #12
PELLEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I saw the first reply and knew this was gonna go bad quick. I know what you were talking about OP.
Haha, ya some understand, most don't. I know I would have been like "what's this guys deal" before I joined. I have no hate towards dependants, my wife is one, haha. Just a courtesy thing is all. When I am off base, I try to give people the same when they are busy doing their thing. If someone wants to get upset by my little rant, thats fine, it's there right to be, just like it is mine to rant, haha.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:49 PM   #13
Ditch Doctor

EMS:
Well I grew up as a dependent so I know exactly what you are saying.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:50 PM   #14
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
You think that's bad? Try doing the same thing when in Con leave, with the Doc's orders!

But, yes OP, I do remember...
Old 02-28-2012, 12:53 PM   #15
PELLEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well I grew up as a dependent so I know exactly what you are saying.
Hey, dependents searve too!! It is never easy when your loved ones are away in harms way. My hats are off to you guys as well!!!! Dependents never get enough credit for what they do at home, and they deserve all the perks we get as well!! It's just helpful when they know to stay clear during lunch time, any other time, game on.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:58 PM   #16
Erich
Surferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Erich
Surferdude's Tacoma Gallery
Do it anyway.

Dude, you're in uniform, on base, on duty. Go the the front of the line like you own it. Cause heaven knows, you earned it.

Simply let the slimy civilian know that you're on duty and only have a limited time.

Actually, the people behind the cashier counter should be doing that for you, calling out to anyone in uniform to come to the head of the line.

That's the way it works at my local barber shop and now that I'm retired, I have no problem with it.

Good rant btw, brings back memories.....
Old 02-28-2012, 01:04 PM   #17
PELLEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surferdude View Post
Dude, you're in uniform, on base, on duty. Go the the front of the line like you own it. Cause heaven knows, you earned it.

Simply let the slimy civilian know that you're on duty and only have a limited time.

Actually, the people behind the cashier counter should be doing that for you, calling out to anyone in uniform to come to the head of the line.

That's the way it works at my local barber shop and now that I'm retired, I have no problem with it.

Haha, I like the way you put it! Unfortunatly, here at Edwards AFB it is only 20% military and 80% civilians... so a lot of the common courtesies that you would normally expect on any other base, have been lost here. It is a sad reality, and many of the civilian contractors get very touchy about things when you put them in their place... I don't hold back when I catch military members slipping, but sometime with the civilians, you just gotta walk away, we get no support when it comes to things of that matter...
Old 02-28-2012, 02:37 PM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surferdude View Post

Big +1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PELLEY View Post
Haha, I like the way you put it! Unfortunatly, here at Edwards AFB it is only 20% military and 80% civilians... so a lot of the common courtesies that you would normally expect on any other base, have been lost here. It is a sad reality, and many of the civilian contractors get very touchy about things when you put them in their place... I don't hold back when I catch military members slipping, but sometime with the civilians, you just gotta walk away, we get no support when it comes to things of that matter...
That your Two Star is deaf to this is sad, very sad! (I'm assuming that your base C.O. is an 0-8)
Old 02-28-2012, 02:45 PM   #19
PELLEY's Tacoma Gallery
Well I don't want to comment on my military leadership in a public place like this... however, I will say that the "base" in general has put out many statements about how they want to get back to basics, and make it more of a military base, but the action is lacking.

Example:

We had ITT givning away tickets to the rose bowl... One would think that when the tickets were given to ITT to get out for free, that it was for military and their families... But when we went to get tickets, they were giving them to DoD civilians and Government Contractors as well... long story short not many military members ended up with tickets in their hands... I hate to say it, because I have only been in for 5 years, but I have already seen things change so much in similar ways. Not sure what other branches are seeing, but between that and what I read on the news every day about benifit and budget cuts, it will never be the same...
Old 02-28-2012, 02:58 PM   #20
"Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7
rleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Master Sergeant, Training Superintendent, 67th Network Warfare Wing
Name: Bob
rleeharris's Tacoma Gallery
OP, like someone said above, just go to the front of the line without a second thought. If you get a look, who cares? If someone says something, ignore them.

I was a mil dependent as a child, but my parents taught me to defer privileges to uniformed personnel anytime I had the opportunity. While on active duty, I saw what the OP is referring to all the time. There are some dependent spouses (usually pushing around considerable real estate--otherwise known as complete lard asses), that don't give a crap and are more interested in themselves. I saw it for 20 years. Damn their privilege... those "uniformed personnel..." signs exist for a reason.

OP, just go to the head of the line and screw the civies, dependents, and retirees. (As a retiree now, I always defer to active duty personnel--always).