Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Met me a hero today! :D

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-01-2012, 10:53 PM   #1
wormfood is a splendid one to beholdwormfood is a splendid one to beholdwormfood is a splendid one to beholdwormfood is a splendid one to beholdwormfood is a splendid one to beholdwormfood is a splendid one to behold

Army: prior:Combat Engineer 21B, 6th Engineer Battalion  Fort Wainwright AK
Name: David
wormfood's Tacoma Gallery
Met me a hero today! :D

I attended the Wanenmacher's Tulsa Arms Show this weekend.

It is large. If you walk all the rows from end to end, I believe it covers eight miles. It and of it self was a hell of an experience. If it was not there, in relation to firearms, it doesn't exist.

But by far the best experience was meeting this gentleman, WWII Marine R.V. Burgin!

He is featured in Eugene Sledge's book, With the Old Breed, and his story is told in the mini-series, The Pacific. I purchased an autographed copy of his book Islands of the Damned: A Marine at War in the Pacific.

If you have read any of the three books the HBO series The Pacific is based on, and or watched the series, meeting a guy who managed to live through that hell is amazing.

We are losing that generation fast as the years fly by, I felt privileged to shake that Marine's hand.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:27 AM   #2
Thank you to all our miltary personnel for serving
TyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty
TyT's Tacoma Gallery
That's pretty bad ass!
Old 04-03-2012, 12:47 AM   #3
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyT View Post
That's pretty bad ass!
x1,000,000,000
Old 04-03-2012, 09:25 PM   #4
Love me some tacos!!!!
Fred1524 is a jewel in the roughFred1524 is a jewel in the roughFred1524 is a jewel in the roughFred1524 is a jewel in the rough

Marines: Cpl. 2nd BN. 4th Mar
Name: Fred
Fred1524's Tacoma Gallery
Thats awesome!

Products Discussed in this Thread