Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Any Sapper's out there?

Old 04-04-2012, 10:34 PM   #1
Bishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Bishop2Queens6's Tacoma Gallery
Any Sapper's out there?

I'm having trouble deciding what I want to do after getting my degree in Chemical Engineering, and I've considered joining the Army and becoming a Sapper.

I've always wanted to join the military to serve with the typical childhood dream of being a fighter pilot, Ranger, or SF, but a Sapper really looks like something I can do.

I watched "Surviving the Cut" on the Military Channel about becoming an Army Sapper, and I know its not portrayed exactly, but it got me very interested in becoming one because they said they look for "those with chemical engineering backgrounds."

I'm just looking for some advice and experience from those who have worked with or are Sapper's, what they do on a daily basis, responsibilities, and real world actions and duties.

Thank you!
Old 04-10-2012, 04:23 AM   #3
ross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant future
Army:
ross123's Tacoma Gallery
Go SF and be a engineer.does everything a sapper can do plus a whole hell of alot more
Old 04-10-2012, 04:20 PM   #4
Bishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Bishop2Queens6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ross123 View Post
Go SF and be a engineer.does everything a sapper can do plus a whole hell of alot more
Sounds like a plan.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:02 AM   #5
Airborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Tim
Airborne09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop2Queens6 View Post
I'm having trouble deciding what I want to do after getting my degree in Chemical Engineering, and I've considered joining the Army and becoming a Sapper.

I've always wanted to join the military to serve with the typical childhood dream of being a fighter pilot, Ranger, or SF, but a Sapper really looks like something I can do.

I watched "Surviving the Cut" on the Military Channel about becoming an Army Sapper, and I know its not portrayed exactly, but it got me very interested in becoming one because they said they look for "those with chemical engineering backgrounds."

I'm just looking for some advice and experience from those who have worked with or are Sapper's, what they do on a daily basis, responsibilities, and real world actions and duties.

Thank you!
First off, I wanna commend you on thinking about joining the military, not many people have nor will.
Second, if you are going to join worry about making it through basic, AIT, selection (if you go SF.) Then worry about going to Sapper school.
If you watched the Surviving the Cut then you know just a taste of the actual school. I went though back in 07 and completed the course but didn't make enough points at the end so I'm what they call a "Untabbed Sapper" still shows up on my records as completing it, just don't get the skill identifier. My point for telling you this? Focus on what is in front of you at that time... I was looking ahead to other things and wasn't focused enough and it screwed me over. So like I said focus on basic first then AIT, so on so forth.

I wish you the best of luck to you, in whatever you chose to do.