Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Two killed at CG Communications Station in Kodiak, AK

Old 04-12-2012, 01:36 PM   #1
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Two killed at CG Communications Station in Kodiak, AK

Just heard about this. Sad news and my shipmates and their families are in my thoughts and prayers

I was stationed at the CommSta from 1998-2001. Scary stuff.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:26 PM   #2
tacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoteacher's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear-thanks for your service. Prayers sent.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:47 PM   #3
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Come to find out it happened in my old shop! God I hope it isn't a few of the guys I know.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:04 PM   #4
USCG CWO is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: CWO3
Name: Shane
USCG CWO's Tacoma Gallery
Very sad day. My prayers go out to the families.

Shane
Old 04-13-2012, 01:29 AM   #5
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I was stationed there not even a year ago, knew a couple commsta guys as well. An old buddy of mine from Kodiak texted me this morning and told me about it, hadn't heard from the guy in almost 3 years. Media hadn't even gotten a hold of it when I heard about it.

I know at least 2 of the responding CGPD officers, both were in my old watch section. Its gotta be hard for the CG Team up there.

Very sad day in the CG and especially Team Kodiak.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:18 AM   #6
oldsman71442 is just really niceoldsman71442 is just really niceoldsman71442 is just really niceoldsman71442 is just really niceoldsman71442 is just really nice
Coast Guard: AMT
Name: Jeff
oldsman71442's Tacoma Gallery
No matter where in the world we are it is all too close to home... I know lots of guys in kodiak but as far as I know none of them would have been in the comsta for any reason.
Old 04-13-2012, 04:25 AM   #8
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-13-2012, 04:51 AM   #9
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Just too steady a stream of fucked up bullshit these days. Hoping the security cams bear fruit and whoever it was gets caught.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:04 PM   #11
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Its a little scary thinking that a killer may be roaming around that island....its not very big at all. If its a coastie, that's even more of a scary situation. Its a very tight knit community, especially on base housing, I can't imagine how difficult this is for them up there.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:12 PM   #12
The TW 1%
Commandant sent an email out releasing the names. I'll wait until they hit the AP before posting more.

Edit. Rest In Peace Shipmate Electronics Technician First Class James Hopkins and Chief Boatswains Mate (Retired) Richard Belisle
Old 06-07-2012, 05:52 AM   #13
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Any more news on this?
Old 06-07-2012, 05:57 AM   #14
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Latest article I could find...hope they find something soon

http://www.navytimes.com/news/2012/0...otings-052512/
Old 06-07-2012, 12:55 PM   #15

Law Enforcement:
I know some guys up there still, they really don't have any leads on suspects or evidence. Really kinda torques me off.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:57 PM   #16

Marines:
That blows.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:02 PM   #17

Law Enforcement:
You'd think the FBI could do better, on an island with 9000 people.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:05 PM   #18
The TW 1%
Because of this comment right here I refuse to speculate on who did it.

Quote:
“There’s very little we can say about the investigation,” FBI spokesman Eric Gonzalez said in the aftermath of the incident, adding that the integrity of the case was at stake.
However, this comment in the article... I worked with the guy for the 3 years I was stationed there.
Quote:
Unofficially, most everyone in Kodiak knows that a co-worker of the two dead men owns one such blue Honda CR-V, and a white Dodge pickup, another vehicle for which the FBI sought information.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:09 PM   #19

Law Enforcement:
I've been checking the news and staying contact with my friends up there at the police unit, like I said, I've been told they haven't found anything.

I agree with FR, I don't wanna speculate on this either.