Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

The last of the Devil's Brigade

Old 04-12-2012, 04:11 PM   #1
SUPER-ER MOD
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
The last of the Devil's Brigade

The last two surviving members of the Davil's Brigade passed away last week...and only hours apart from one another.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...a-Montana.html
Old 04-13-2012, 04:51 AM   #3
Airborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Tim
Airborne09's Tacoma Gallery
Two of the best men from the best generation our nation ever had.
RIP brothers
Old 04-13-2012, 05:26 AM   #4
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
RIP
Old 04-19-2012, 11:35 AM   #6
1989supraturbo is on a distinguished road

Air Force: MSE Op CFB Comox
1989supraturbo's Tacoma Gallery
Their story is in a book called "A Perfect Hell" it's a really good read about their campaigns in Italy and so on.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:01 AM   #7
Airborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1989supraturbo View Post
Their story is in a book called "A Perfect Hell" it's a really good read about their campaigns in Italy and so on.
I'm gonna have to check that out.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:47 AM   #8
1989supraturbo is on a distinguished road

Air Force: MSE Op CFB Comox
1989supraturbo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne09 View Post
I'm gonna have to check that out.
Yeah it's quite inspirational, it's basically the unit First Special Service Force that was the framework for the current US and Canadian special forces of today. I found it in the Ottawa war museum and didn't read it until about 2 years later, some of the stuff you're amazed at how it's true. Such a different time than the military I currently serve it, not sure if that's good of bad.
Old 04-24-2012, 04:46 AM   #9
Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1989supraturbo View Post
Yeah it's quite inspirational, it's basically the unit First Special Service Force that was the framework for the current US and Canadian special forces of today. I found it in the Ottawa war museum and didn't read it until about 2 years later, some of the stuff you're amazed at how it's true. Such a different time than the military I currently serve it, not sure if that's good of bad.
That is most defiantely true. We serve in a different era now. Granted we're fighting our nations longest war with an all volunteer force, which is pretty amazing, but I don't think anything generation will ever beat the generation that fought in WWII... I admire every single one of those men that fought in that era. Don't take me wrong though I wouldn't wanna fight with anyone else but the men next to right now, but they were true hero's in my book.