1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Should I join the Marines?

Discussion in 'Military' started by blacksheff405, Apr 14, 2012.

?

?

Poll closed May 14, 2012.
  1. join the marines

61.5%
  2. don't

13.8%
  3. join another branch (which and why)

24.6%
  1. Jul 31, 2012 at 5:17 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    4 branches...There are 4 other branches.

2. Jul 31, 2012 at 5:22 PM
    Forster46

Forster46 Very nice how much?

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    6000k HID's, AUX Reverse Lights, 3" Rough Country Suspension Lift, Pioneer AVH-P4200 Double Din, Underglow and footwell Lights, Camo Seat Covers, Duralast Tool Box, Blacked Out Badges, Grill, Front Emblem, Midland CB Radio, Amber Strobes, POWER REAR WINDOW, cup holder LED's, Firestik 3' in bed, console divider, Ultragauge.
    If it makes you feel better, I might join the coasties :rolleyes:

3. Jul 31, 2012 at 5:24 PM
    triple6

triple6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    oli
    Fallbrook, CA
    Vehicle:
    04 Double Cab Stock ;)
    all beaneer designz
    watch the movie team america then well see if you still wanna join :)

4. Jul 31, 2012 at 5:27 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    It's got nothing to do with feeling good...It's about being factually correct.

5. Aug 2, 2012 at 9:04 PM
    jg1904

jg1904 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerick
    Vehicle:
    stock
    do you mean biomedical technician?

if so, no I am attached to the Marine Corps infantry. 1st Marine Division.

6. Sep 29, 2012 at 4:43 AM
    jopa

jopa Member

Member:
    Fl.
    Vehicle:
    tundra
    ( Been there done that ). I went to Parris Island in 1966 . Hell of a lot of work but nothing any harder than growing up in the South at that time (Physically I mean , but mentally it was a change from doing for myself as I wished to doing as a group under instant orders .
    I went in to be a Hero and see the world . well one out of two isn't bad . I did get to travel and saw a few different country's . But the Hero's are no longer with us they are the ones that had to give it all in some dump of a country like Vietnam or that big ass sandbox their dieing in today > I was luckily I flew in helicopters and didn't have the daily terror and bloody grime our grunts live in for months at a time . I can't began to speak for them but for me The Marine Corps was the best thing I have ever done in my life.. And it will let you have the chance to be anything you want to be from cook to Commandant . Just don't expect it to be all fun and games .
    USMC 66-69

Products Discussed in

To Top