LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Last F-22 Rolled Off Line Today

Old 05-02-2012, 02:51 PM   #1
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
Last F-22 Rolled Off Line Today

The last F-22 (tail number 4195) rolled off the line at Lockheed Martin in Marietta today and is going to Elmendorf AFB ...

I remembered when that plane was being developed in the late 1980s ... with only 195 actually being built.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:56 PM   #2
drubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant future

Air Force: Avionics Craftsman, 33 AMXS, 33 Fighter Wing
Name: Brad
drubacca117's Tacoma Gallery
I have heard nothing good about the (C)Raptor, as it is called by many of the former maintainers... haha!
Old 05-02-2012, 03:03 PM   #3
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Arent we paying the same price for the 195 that we could have had over 600?

Well when the computer crashes when it crosses the international date line, and it cant always fly above 10,000, yeah its good waste of tax payer money.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:04 PM   #4
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by drubacca117 View Post
I have heard nothing good about the (C)Raptor, as it is called by many of the former maintainers... haha!
Yep ... a lot of mixed reviews on the F-22 ... and like the V-22 ... it became political on creating jobs in certain districts. ...
Old 05-02-2012, 03:08 PM   #5
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
There was an article in my local paper that said some F-22 pilots are re-mustering or refusing to fly due to low oxygen levels during flight.

Story here

Frank
Old 05-02-2012, 03:11 PM   #6
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Logan View Post
There was an article in my local paper that said some F-22 pilots are re-mustering or refusing to fly due to low oxygen levels during flight.

Story here

Frank
There was an F-22 pilot that has the 02 failure, got hypoxic and crashed. The AF claimed pilot error. Complete BS.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:14 PM   #7
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
There was an F-22 pilot that has the 02 failure, got hypoxic and crashed. The AF claimed pilot error. Complete BS.
Anything to avoid culpability and a larger payout. Sad, very sad.

Frank
Old 05-02-2012, 03:18 PM   #8
drubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant future

Quote:
I don't remember te whole story, but I remember hearing that he broke flight parameters... Technically that would make it pilot error, but it doesn't change the fact that there is a deficiency in that OBOGGS system...

Now over here on F-35 planet... This program is weird as shit!
Old 05-02-2012, 03:21 PM   #9

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I don't remember te whole story, but I remember hearing that he broke flight parameters... Technically that would make it pilot error, but it doesn't change the fact that there is a deficiency in that OBOGGS system...

I dont remember the story either, but either way had the OBOGS not fail he probaly woudl have lived. Blaming the pilot and having his family hear his death was his fault eventhough he is highly trained on the newest plane that has had multiple OBOGS failures is pretty much bullshit on the AF part. I heard the wife is tryign to sue which she should. The F-16 had problems too back in teh 80's and a widow sued and won. There was a lifetime movie my wife watched about it.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:22 PM   #10

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

BTW I think its a matter of time before the 35 is canned
Old 05-02-2012, 03:27 PM   #11
Quote:
I dont remember the story either, but either way had the OBOGS not fail he probaly woudl have lived. Blaming the pilot and having his family hear his death was his fault eventhough he is highly trained on the newest plane that has had multiple OBOGS failures is pretty much bullshit on the AF part. I heard the wife is tryign to sue which she should. The F-16 had problems too back in teh 80's and a widow sued and won. There was a lifetime movie my wife watched about it.
... ^^^ ... Without googling it ... I believe that she sued (and won) on a wiring harness chaffing problem.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:28 PM   #12
UBIQUE

Quote:
BTW I think its a matter of time before the 35 is canned
There's a chance we may pull out due to a political controversy over the true unreported cost, and I hear Canada isn't the only that may pull out.

Frank
Old 05-02-2012, 03:29 PM   #13

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOSHeloPilot View Post
... ^^^ ... Without googling it ... I believe that she sued (and won) on the wiring harness chaffing.

That was it! It's been a while...always remember no matter how awesome military toys are, they are usually built by the lowest bidder and a lot of political bullshit is involved and the end result is not always what is advertised.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:32 PM   #14

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
There's a chance we may pull out due to a political controversy over the true unreported cost, and I hear Canada isn't the only that may pull out.

Frank
Pull out...LOL

JK, yeah I think Australia already did and is considering other options, and I think Britian reduced their order and is facing massive military cuts so they maybe out as well. Read the Marines are having issues with the VTOL option. I think originally it was a $1trillion dollar deal. Another waste of $$$$
Old 05-02-2012, 03:32 PM   #15
UBIQUE

Quote:
That was it! It's been a while...always remember no matter how awesome military toys are, they are usually built by the lowest bidder and a lot of political bullshit is involved and the end result is not always what is advertised.
There are/were exceptions. Little Boy and Fat Man... not cheap and you did get bang for buck (debate on if they had to be used at all not withstanding).

Frank
Old 05-02-2012, 03:34 PM   #16

Quote:
Couldn't agree more
Old 05-02-2012, 03:37 PM   #17

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
There are/were exceptions. Little Boy and Fat Man... not cheap and you did get bang for buck (debate on if they had to be used at all not withstanding).

Frank
Well I think that's a bit different. Yeah we totally made up for whatever we spent on nuclear reasearch and development and what it would have cost had we not used them.

It's when contractor A gets selected due to a senator/congressmen trying to secure votes/jobs and the original specs are pushed aside.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:38 PM   #18
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
Worthless bucket of aluminum and composite...

The F-22 is like that fat kid that plays WOW 11 hours a day in mommy's basement and kicks everyone's ass. It sucks... Nothing but a product of the 90's economic boom and we all know how that went.

Oh look at me I have thrust vectoring... I'm so cool! WOW I can float across a runway vertical and track 20 different targets! Yeah I'm the coolest airplane in the room.

...12 minutes later...

OH shit guys i'm outta gas...
Old 05-02-2012, 03:42 PM   #19
UBIQUE

Quote:
It's when contractor A gets selected due to a senator/congressmen trying to secure votes/jobs and the original specs are pushed aside.
Yeah too much of that goes on. There is an older movie with Kelsey Grammer, The Pentagon Wars ('98 HBO film). Funny as hell. The sad part is that this "comedy" about the Bradley IFV, is all true. If you haven't seen it, try to get a copy.

Frank
Old 05-02-2012, 03:45 PM   #20
VTOL with heavy loads (ordinance & etc.) ain't easy ... ... pure physics ... until we invent the "anti-gravity" machine ...