Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Ranger school

Old 05-21-2012, 02:28 PM   #21
Blackcat10 is a splendid one to beholdBlackcat10 is a splendid one to beholdBlackcat10 is a splendid one to beholdBlackcat10 is a splendid one to beholdBlackcat10 is a splendid one to beholdBlackcat10 is a splendid one to beholdBlackcat10 is a splendid one to behold
Army:
Blackcat10's Tacoma Gallery
4 &1/2 years with the 82nd. Got out in Nov of 1976. Back then you could go Airborne at Bragg. They had a 2 week school on base. Guys in my unit would go Ranger and they would be back in about 2 weeks. Wash out.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:28 AM   #22
Airborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Tim
Airborne09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ross123 View Post
Ranger school is letting chicks in now. Dont waste your time, goto selection instead!
If there is a female that passes Ranger with today's standards, I'll be surprised. Most likely as I see it though, they will drop the standards so that females can pass it unfortunately..
Next their gonna let chicks go to SFAS...
Old 06-01-2012, 03:55 PM   #23
frycook is one of the sharper tools in the shedfrycook is one of the sharper tools in the shedfrycook is one of the sharper tools in the shedfrycook is one of the sharper tools in the shedfrycook is one of the sharper tools in the shedfrycook is one of the sharper tools in the shedfrycook is one of the sharper tools in the shedfrycook is one of the sharper tools in the shedfrycook is one of the sharper tools in the shedfrycook is one of the sharper tools in the shedfrycook is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 11B2V
Name: Zach
frycook's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne09 View Post
If there is a female that passes Ranger with today's standards, I'll be surprised. Most likely as I see it though, they will drop the standards so that females can pass it unfortunately..
Next their gonna let chicks go to SFAS...
At least I will know I went before they dropped the standards across the board.
Old 06-03-2012, 04:44 PM   #24
dommo is on a distinguished road
Army: Drill Sergeant
dommo's Tacoma Gallery
"The day they let girls earn a long tab is the day I stop wearing mine!"

I'm with ya brother. But I will be getting out fairly shortly anyways, so whatever. Different Army than I came in to.

Best of luck when you get a slot for school though. Not gonna pretend it was easy, but it ain't too bad, as long as you can keep a little humor in it. Whenever you start really sucking, thinking it ain't worth it, just look to your left or your right, wait for someone to do something stupid, or look like they are sucking more than you, then it gets just a little easier, lol. Helped me anyways.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:16 PM   #25
Three Percenter
SampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Steve
SampleFool's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dommo View Post

I'm with ya brother. But I will be getting out fairly shortly anyways, so whatever. Different Army than I came in to.

Best of luck when you get a slot for school though. Not gonna pretend it was easy, but it ain't too bad, as long as you can keep a little humor in it. Whenever you start really sucking, thinking it ain't worth it, just look to your left or your right, wait for someone to do something stupid, or look like they are sucking more than you, then it gets just a little easier, lol. Helped me anyways.
Thanks man, I figure that is going to be my way through. I can find the bright side in just about everything I do.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:45 PM   #26
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Steve, my bro just graduated this April... said the same things everyone is saying. He had some special foot hardening liquid he used, would def recommend doing asap. Little food little sleep and a lot of hiking.

Kick ass man
Old 06-03-2012, 07:48 PM   #27
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Brother told me about guys sleep walking into trees during the hikes, haha.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:56 PM   #28
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
like plenty of the other people, i have a friend that's a Ranger. was on that show "making the cut" actually. so really all i have to post is good luck Steve!

oh.. and post this since for some reason no one else has.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lzbr6fPDmkE

Old 06-04-2012, 07:24 AM   #29
Three Percenter
SampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgman View Post
Steve, my bro just graduated this April... said the same things everyone is saying. He had some special foot hardening liquid he used, would def recommend doing asap. Little food little sleep and a lot of hiking.

Kick ass man
What is the foot liquid called? I would like to pick some up and start using it.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:10 PM   #30
dommo's Tacoma Gallery
Foot Liquid...umm, tincure bonzoine(no idea on spelling, sorry, I had to guess)?? Its basically new skin on steroids...but its for once you get the blisters, not as preperation. It basically burns one layer to the last, creating one harder layer, basically insta-callus. Not fun though...it HURTS! Lol. And no idea where to get it...I get it from medics, and thats not even supposed to happen anymore, darn soft ass Army, lol.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:13 PM   #31
dommo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgman View Post
Brother told me about guys sleep walking into trees during the hikes, haha.
During Florida, I had a complete conversation, with a scientist I imagined, it was pretty funny. Well, looking back on it, not so much at the time.

Also, we were sitting in our patrol base when the dude next to me hops up, screams "No, its mine! I saw it first!" and goes diving into some bushes about 20yards away. Turns out he swore he saw a giant pizza rolling by, and he wanted it before we could get it. Fun time, lol.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:14 PM   #32
Three Percenter

Army:
Quote:
Foot Liquid...umm, tincure bonzoine(no idea on spelling, sorry, I had to guess)?? Its basically new skin on steroids...but its for once you get the blisters, not as preperation. It basically burns one layer to the last, creating one harder layer, basically insta-callus. Not fun though...it HURTS! Lol. And no idea where to get it...I get it from medics, and thats not even supposed to happen anymore, darn soft ass Army, lol.
Do you know anything about putting alcohol on my feet to dry them up and make them harder?
Old 06-04-2012, 08:19 PM   #33
I KEEEEEL YOU

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
I think my brother got it from a running shop, maybe marathon runners use it.... searching now
Old 06-04-2012, 08:21 PM   #34
Lazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Lazylegs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazylegs
My best friend Randy is retired Lt. Col from the 101st Airborne Rangers.

Good luck OP.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:30 PM   #35
I KEEEEEL YOU

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Tincture of benzoin... its a alcohol resin

Ill let you know for sure as soon as my bro texts me bacm
Old 06-05-2012, 06:48 AM   #36
I KEEEEEL YOU

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Boom:
http://www.tuffoot.com/
Old 06-05-2012, 01:49 PM   #37
dommo's Tacoma Gallery
Lol, yeah, so it turns out I can't spell. Never one of my strong suits, lol.

As for alcohol...let me first say...this WILL hurt, bad! But it's completely worth it, to not have to deal with blisters, etc.
Go for a decent road march, nothing crazy, maybe 3-5miles, no crazy weights on your back. But take out the insole out of your boots, and dont wear any socks, so that those nice, comfy, broken in boots are just slightly too loose. Yes, this IS supposed to suck, bad! Your feet will be hamburger. When you finally make it back, soak your feet in rubbing alcohol. That will not be the funnest day of your life, lol. But it will callous up your feet like nobodies business. Instant pre-emptive fix to hot spots, blisters, and general "soft feet-itis".

I had to do this as a private, because I made the mistake of mentioning that I had got a small hot spot on a raod march. Wasn't fun at all, but hardened up my feet like no other.

Keep in mind, your girlfriend/wife/booty call/whatever will now look at your feet in horror, lol, but hey, you'll never get blisters.

GL
Old 06-05-2012, 05:01 PM   #38
Three Percenter

Army:
Quote:
Lol, yeah, so it turns out I can't spell. Never one of my strong suits, lol.

As for alcohol...let me first say...this WILL hurt, bad! But it's completely worth it, to not have to deal with blisters, etc.
Go for a decent road march, nothing crazy, maybe 3-5miles, no crazy weights on your back. But take out the insole out of your boots, and dont wear any socks, so that those nice, comfy, broken in boots are just slightly too loose. Yes, this IS supposed to suck, bad! Your feet will be hamburger. When you finally make it back, soak your feet in rubbing alcohol. That will not be the funnest day of your life, lol. But it will callous up your feet like nobodies business. Instant pre-emptive fix to hot spots, blisters, and general "soft feet-itis".

I had to do this as a private, because I made the mistake of mentioning that I had got a small hot spot on a raod march. Wasn't fun at all, but hardened up my feet like no other.

Keep in mind, your girlfriend/wife/booty call/whatever will now look at your feet in horror, lol, but hey, you'll never get blisters.

GL
Thanks for the info, going to try this before the stuff Burg listed above.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:06 PM   #39
I KEEEEEL YOU

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SampleFool View Post
Thanks for the info, going to try this before the stuff Burg listed above.
The stuff i posted is painless
Old 06-05-2012, 06:23 PM   #40
toughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
toughtaco's Tacoma Gallery
^^^Wow that sounds like serious pain...... if it works it would be worth it though. I never had any problems with my feet though. That means no blisters no hot spots, keep your feet clean and change your socks often. The only time I had blisters was when I broke in my first pair of DR Maartens.... they hurt my feet bad. After they were broken in though they were the most comfortable boots ever. Now that I think about it I want another pair.