Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

SEAL Summer Training

Old 05-22-2012, 10:49 AM   #21
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Got to haul seals in V.N., The boys are crazy.. Large cats with sq jaws and arms like my legs. One look and no one on the boat said a word to them, Tiger stripe camo or all black, shorty M16 or grease guns,, frags by the pound. Always going to some out of the way place,, looking at a map and pointing to the bank with a we get off here. Into the jungle and do not look back and they were gone.. Can say one thing they really are bad ass. They do not go anywhere to play.. Good luck to you 6 you are going to need it, And if you make it You can go to sleep at night knowing you and your men ARE the BEST in the world. There is not 1 bad man in the world who dont know about the USN Seals... Thanks for all you do,,,, Jim
Old 05-22-2012, 09:29 PM   #22
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by river rat 69 View Post
Got to haul seals in V.N., The boys are crazy.. Large cats with sq jaws and arms like my legs. One look and no one on the boat said a word to them, Tiger stripe camo or all black, shorty M16 or grease guns,, frags by the pound. Always going to some out of the way place,, looking at a map and pointing to the bank with a we get off here. Into the jungle and do not look back and they were gone.. Can say one thing they really are bad ass. They do not go anywhere to play.. Good luck to you 6 you are going to need it, And if you make it You can go to sleep at night knowing you and your men ARE the BEST in the world. There is not 1 bad man in the world who dont know about the USN Seals... Thanks for all you do,,,, Jim
Thank you. I appreciate your support. Heard some pretty intense stories about SEAL in Vietnam.

Updated!
Old 05-23-2012, 07:51 AM   #24
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughtaco View Post
Nice that you are keeping us updated. Have you planned on things like ruck marches and land nav aspects of training? I bet there are a bunch of Crossfit style excercises that should help.
I have a land nav course near my house that I am going to do, but that won't be a big aspect of the training I will be going through. As far as ruck marches, I am a little bit nervous about doing rucking, since last time I did it I broke my hip lol. I might do some lower weight rucks like 35 pounds.

Updated.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:37 PM   #26
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
^Ok with the ruck marches I bet a broken hip would hurt a bit. I am going to do some running and abs for the next 5 or 6 days.........
I think with rucking you need to have serious build up time. Last time I just jumped into and got myself in trouble quickly.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:39 PM   #27
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
" The only easy day was yesterday"

Have fun
Old 05-25-2012, 07:54 PM   #28
NvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Jeff
NvrSumR's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck man. No shame in washing out (IF you do). There's nobody I respect more than a SEAL. One thing is for sure, it's not necessarily about how much you can lift, it's about how much you want to be there. Never even let that thought creep into your mind. Make your mind stronger than your body and you will be fine.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:07 PM   #29
ModernPopeye is on a distinguished road

Navy:
ModernPopeye's Tacoma Gallery
What are your PST scores?
Old 05-25-2012, 08:18 PM   #30
Lazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Lazylegs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazylegs
PUSSY..Just kidding . Good luck, just remember when your done playing with the water guns you should look into the 10 th Mountain...
Old 05-26-2012, 06:35 AM   #31
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Did the 10 th mountain get the most wanted man in the world, The Seals named there new drink after o.b.l., two shots and a splash...... Jim
Old 05-26-2012, 02:24 PM   #32
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernPopeye View Post
What are your PST scores?
500yd Swim - 7:41
Pushups - 120
Situps - 117
Pullups - 24
1.5 mile run - 9:30 (I'm pretty slow)

Are you a SEAL? Interested in NSW?
Old 05-26-2012, 02:35 PM   #33
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumNutz View Post
Over those 48 hours the worst part was definitely "base tour." Base tour is a run around the compound about 5 miles with zodiacs on top of your head with 6 people per boat.
Good luck! But I just have to ask: is the entire military experience filled with funny names for crazy PT shit that you guys go through?
Old 05-26-2012, 06:33 PM   #35
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Are those pushups or situps timed?
Yup 2 mins. No time on pulls.
Old 05-26-2012, 06:42 PM   #37
PantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Luke
PantherTaco's Tacoma Gallery
thats awesome! i know its so cliche for kids today say they want to be in the special forces or even the military, but id love to have the opportunity to be a seal (its something ive wanted to do since i was really little) Good luck!
Old 05-26-2012, 07:13 PM   #38
PantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Luke
PantherTaco's Tacoma Gallery
couldnt agree more
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmc View Post
i blame video games. first person shooter will make you want to join the military like nothing else
not that it's a bad thing
Old 05-29-2012, 07:21 PM   #39
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
When I was in the Navy (before transfer to USMC) ... I trained with some SEALS at Camp LeJeune during 8404 FMSS training.

Those guys were tough and always stayed together. Good luck & stay in shape when you go in that direction.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:33 PM   #40
toyotaT32 is on a distinguished road

Name: Thomas
toyotaT32's Tacoma Gallery
That is some rough stuff but believe it or not you will be amazed at what you can accomplish. If you want it bad enough then you gotta give it your all. Don't hold back. Anyone can do anything the put there mind to. If you believe you can do it then you can! Don't ever let anyone degrade you or tell you other wise! Go for it and don't leave anything to regret! Good luck and good bless!