Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

SEAL Summer Training

Old 05-29-2012, 07:34 PM   #41
Young Padawan
Jonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS: Was EMT Cert. for 2 years in CO.
Name: Spencer
Jonesn13's Tacoma Gallery
You are living one of my dreams.

Much Respect! And good Luck!
Old 06-14-2012, 05:51 AM   #42
ModernPopeye is on a distinguished road

Navy:
ModernPopeye's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumNutz View Post
500yd Swim - 7:41
Pushups - 120
Situps - 117
Pullups - 24
1.5 mile run - 9:30 (I'm pretty slow)

Are you a SEAL? Interested in NSW?
Those are amazing scores, and no that's certainly not slow. Good job and keep it up. Sorry for the delay, work is very hectic right now. I'm not a SEAL but working on an EOD conversion package. Always been interested in SpecWar. Never give up on your dreams as you'll look back later in life always wondering "What If?". Keep your chin-up Shippy!

Just caught up on the rest of the thread, where are the rest of your training days? How are things going? Did you already ship out?
Old 06-14-2012, 12:13 PM   #43
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernPopeye View Post
Those are amazing scores, and no that's certainly not slow. Good job and keep it up. Sorry for the delay, work is very hectic right now. I'm not a SEAL but working on an EOD conversion package. Always been interested in SpecWar. Never give up on your dreams as you'll look back later in life always wondering "What If?". Keep your chin-up Shippy!

Just caught up on the rest of the thread, where are the rest of your training days? How are things going? Did you already ship out?
I got bored with logging everything lol. I run on average 30 miles, bike about 30 miles, and swim about 5-7 miles a week. I do calisthenics everyday. Rolled my ankle doing a trail run a couple days ago and that got me nervous about running so close before I ship out. I'm gonna tone down my running a little bit. I fly out to Coronado on the 23rd.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:18 PM   #44
PantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Luke
PantherTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I got bored with logging everything lol. I run on average 30 miles, bike about 30 miles, and swim about 5-7 miles a week. I do calisthenics everyday. Rolled my ankle doing a trail run a couple days ago and that got me nervous about running so close before I ship out. I'm gonna tone down my running a little bit. I fly out to Coronado on the 23rd.
Best of luck!
Old 06-14-2012, 06:18 PM   #46
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
congrats on everything dude! good luck out there and i hope you get a spot to go to BUD/s!
Old 06-14-2012, 07:35 PM   #48
DaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
DaWillDaBeast's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
500yd Swim - 7:41
Pushups - 120
Situps - 117
Pullups - 24
1.5 mile run - 9:30 (I'm pretty slow)

Are you a SEAL? Interested in NSW?
Sweet Jesus those are amazing scores! is that 7:41 swim CSS?
Old 06-16-2012, 07:19 PM   #49
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaWillDaBeast View Post
Sweet Jesus those are amazing scores! is that 7:41 swim CSS?
Yup. It's all technique man. Kick and glide and stroke and glide.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:10 AM   #50
kapolani is on a distinguished road
Navy: HM2 Hooyah 195!
kapolani's Tacoma Gallery
That looks like my boy in the first pic (the instructor).

BUDs is pretty much a kick in the balls. Best time of my life though. Getting paid to workout. Can't beat it.

Hooyah 195!
Old 07-19-2012, 11:56 PM   #52
VaderTaco
lortsie is on a distinguished road

Navy: Veteran, 1994-2001. USS Kittyhawk, USS Tripoli
Name: Adam
lortsie's Tacoma Gallery
Kick some ass shipmate, much respect. Your mind can overcome anything, it's just pain. Hope it all worked out for ya. Thank you for your service.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:05 AM   #55
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Hey everybody. Got back yesterday. Couldn't do a lot of updating while I was out there. Didn't have internet and was kinda busy getting my ass kicked. It went well though. I had my SEAL Officer interview on Tuesday and I think it went well also. However you really never know. I was there with the top competition in the nation. There were 7 D-1 athletes, 2 All-Americans, and one was a Marshall Scholar. Unlike in previous years, they are not telling us whether we were recommended for selection, so basically it's a complete waiting game until October.

Hooyah Kapolani! 295 had just started second phase when I was leaving.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:16 AM   #56
Pyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Aircrew, Pilot in Training
Pyramidsurf's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck on selection. I know quite a few SEALS and also quite a few who rang the bell. All the guys from my OCS class ended up making it through.

In the mean time, don't get into any trouble. That's a surefire way to smash your dreams.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:30 AM   #57
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Please read ENTIRE post before commenting.....

I am glad to see that you are motivated to become a great military man...I just ask, if you wanted to get beat up, beat down, deal with a whole new world, and go through something damn near impossible...why didn't you just join the Marine Corps?

OK, I had my fun...On a serious note, thank you for your dedication. I have met many SEALS members, and I have total respect for them, and what they do. Not to mention what they go through to train for it. I am not shy to admit this, but the SEALS are the bad asses. Even as a Marine I will say it, as many of my fellow Marines have said the same thing. It is sad though that from what I have heard, they have stopped a long time ago accepting Marine applicants. I do not see why. Many great SEALS were Marines.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:12 AM   #58
Pyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Aircrew, Pilot in Training
Pyramidsurf's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post
Please read ENTIRE post before commenting.....

I am glad to see that you are motivated to become a great military man...I just ask, if you wanted to get beat up, beat down, deal with a whole new world, and go through something damn near impossible...why didn't you just join the Marine Corps?

OK, I had my fun...On a serious note, thank you for your dedication. I have met many SEALS members, and I have total respect for them, and what they do. Not to mention what they go through to train for it. I am not shy to admit this, but the SEALS are the bad asses. Even as a Marine I will say it, as many of my fellow Marines have said the same thing. It is sad though that from what I have heard, they have stopped a long time ago accepting Marine applicants. I do not see why. Many great SEALS were Marines.
They haven't stopped taking Marines. It's just that you have to leave the Marines to join the Navy. Not many people are willing to switch branches and jobs in today's reduction in force environment. The deal now is if fleet guys go to BUDS and fail they might be going home.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:03 AM   #59
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post
I just ask, if you wanted to get beat up, beat down, deal with a whole new world, and go through something damn near impossible...why didn't you just join the Marine Corps?
I read the post. And I have many reasons for not joining the Marines.

Top 5:
1. Enlisted/Officer Separation - SEALs regardless of commission or not go through training together and operate as brothers, not as pawns and officers.
2. Mission Set - SEALs have one job, national missions. The most boring job they get is VSO and they still taking and laying down fire regularly.
3. When the war is over, their war is not.
4. The haircut.
5. The lack of cool-lookingness in sunglasses, mostly caused by bad haircut.

Old 07-20-2012, 08:28 AM   #60
kapolani is on a distinguished road
Navy: HM2 Hooyah 195!
kapolani's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey everybody. Got back yesterday. Couldn't do a lot of updating while I was out there. Didn't have internet and was kinda busy getting my ass kicked. It went well though. I had my SEAL Officer interview on Tuesday and I think it went well also. However you really never know. I was there with the top competition in the nation. There were 7 D-1 athletes, 2 All-Americans, and one was a Marshall Scholar. Unlike in previous years, they are not telling us whether we were recommended for selection, so basically it's a complete waiting game until October.

Hooyah Kapolani! 295 had just started second phase when I was leaving.
I can attest to the competition.

Let me preface this by saying: "I'm not trying to brag..."

When I was growing up, everything I did (physically) I was in the top echelon, if not the best.

While in BUDs I was middle of the pack. It's amazing the type of athletes that go through there. But, it's not just being an athlete gets you through training. You have to have that 'fire in the gut.'

I've seen the biggest, baddest dudes DOR. Most often it's when we were getting pounded in the surf or a long open water swim in cold water. Shit sucks.

295, huh? Seems so long ago that I was getting ready to class up and get my nuts kicked in.

Any chance an instructor Shea down there? Just curious.

Good luck, brother. I appreciate you serving our country!