Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

SEAL Summer Training

Old 07-21-2012, 03:01 PM   #81
Pyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Aircrew, Pilot in Training
Pyramidsurf's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post
Look, I have been friends with David for over 20 years, and he is not one that would lie about his service. I am not about to insult him by sending his name in to anyone. If he tells me that is what happened, then that is what the hell happened. Bet all you want, I have known the man for years AND served with him.
Out of curiosity, what was your and your friends MOS?
Old 07-21-2012, 05:46 PM   #82
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramidsurf View Post
The bonuses are huge or at least were a few years back. A SEAL CPO in my OCS class got 120K bonus to reenlist.
... ^^^ ... Yikes ... ... I had no idea that their "re-enlistment bonus" was that high ...
Old 07-21-2012, 07:27 PM   #83
Pyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Aircrew, Pilot in Training
Pyramidsurf's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOSHeloPilot View Post
... ^^^ ... Yikes ... ... I had no idea that their "re-enlistment bonus" was that high ...
Serious. The best part of the story is they gave him half up front. 6 months later he went to OCS and got a letter in the mail asking for it back because he left the E ranks. I think he found some instruction allowing him to keep it, but it wasn't without a fight.
Old 07-21-2012, 11:09 PM   #84
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramidsurf View Post
Out of curiosity, what was your and your friends MOS?
I was a 2145(M-60 battle tank tech) then 2146(M-1 battle tank tech). cross trained later as 1811 (tank crewman)

David was on the base SRT. not sure what the MOS for that is.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:58 PM   #85
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Well everyone, I just found out today. I will be heading out to BUD/s this summer after graduation! I'm beyond excited but the road ahead is going to be long and challenging. Thanks for all the support!
Old 10-16-2012, 05:25 PM   #86
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumNutz View Post
Well everyone, I just found out today. I will be heading out to BUD/s this summer after graduation! I'm beyond excited but the road ahead is going to be long and challenging. Thanks for all the support!
congrats dude!
Old 10-16-2012, 08:35 PM   #87
Love me some tacos!!!!
Fred1524 is a jewel in the roughFred1524 is a jewel in the roughFred1524 is a jewel in the roughFred1524 is a jewel in the rough

Marines: Cpl. 2nd BN. 4th Mar
Name: Fred
Fred1524's Tacoma Gallery
Good Luck!!!!!!! Take it a meal at a time
Old 10-16-2012, 08:37 PM   #88
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Old 10-18-2012, 10:55 AM   #89
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Way COOL OP,,, Where every you go in the world and whatever you do,, I wish I was there with you.. Thanks,, Jim
Old 10-20-2012, 05:49 AM   #90
NPB will become famous soon enough

NPB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hell yea, congrats brother! With those scores I would be surprised if you didn't get a contract.

I'm in the process of trying to get a contract via the enlisted route. Hope to see you in the teams!
Old 10-20-2012, 05:56 AM   #91
NWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: James
NWTacoGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck man, can't wait to hear about the "grinder"
Old 06-24-2013, 12:55 AM   #92
tensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud of
Name: Eric
tensecondchevelle's Tacoma Gallery
Any updates on how BUD/S went?
Old 09-08-2013, 01:18 AM   #93
DD977GM2 is on a distinguished road

Navy: Gunners Mate 2nd Class
DD977GM2's Tacoma Gallery
I just found this thread and Congratulations NumNutz!!!!!!!!!!

I was supposed to be in class 216, but I washed in pre-BUD/S in NTC Chicago.
3 of the guys I trained with during GM "A" School made it to the Teams and 2 of em
said I should have not DOR when I broke my shoulder and been set back and I would
have made it. I am not regretfull of my decision and greeatful that I even gave it a shot.

NumNutz good luck and take everything one evolution at a time and be in the present
and not in the future. You should do just fine and dont forget to eat as much as you can
when you can. Sleep as much as you can when you can.

Can't wait for updates!!!!!!!
Old 01-27-2014, 09:00 PM   #96
Mmmmm... Beer
14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MACS(SW) ret
Name: Shawn
14TACO4X4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Wonder if he ever completed the training? The attrition rate for BUDs training is ridiculous. More than 70% of the guys who go don't make it through. I was stationed in Coronado a number of times over my career, once at the Naval Special Warfare Center where they train. I deployed with Team Three to Iraq in 2006 as an augment. (Not a SEAL, never had an inclination to be one)

It isn't the macho, strong man that completes the training. It's the guys who are mentally strong. I enjoyed working with them.
Old 03-03-2014, 04:34 PM   #97
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys,

Just going through the threads I'm subscribed to and noticed I never responded to your questions. But, no I didn't. I actually never made it out to BUD/s.

About two weeks before commissioning I was medical disqualified for stress fractures and a torn labrum in my hip, which I received at summer training. Being that the SEAL community is so small they really tend to take care of their guys. I received a phone call from the O-6 SEAL Officer Community Manager the day I was MED DQed. He asked what my second choice of community would be (with the exception of EOD) and said he would make sure I was taken care of. After spending about 10 mins being extremely disrespectful to him (an O-1 bitching at an O-6 mind you, not okay, which he took very well knowing how disappointed I was) about how this situation was completely fucked up (the community selecting me and then DQing me) and that I wanted my shot at BUD/s regardless of my injuries, he said there was no chance it was going to happen. At the time, I didn't understand the lengths this Captain was going to go to make sure I got my second choice. I told the SEAL OCM I wanted to be a pilot. I asked the OCM if they were taking someone to BUD/s in my place (only nine were selected from across the country) and he said yes. Still fuming I asked for the selectee's name and phone number. The OCM asked why. I said I wanted to give the selectee some motivation. I think the OCM knew what I meant by this and without further resistance passed me the info. I called the selectee immediately after hanging up with the OCM. I explained to him exactly why and how he was being selected for BUD/s. I wanted him to know that he was taking my spot and that if he quit at BUD/s, if he basically wasted that spot, I would pay for the plane ticket to fly out there and beat the living shit out of him. I like to think he could literally taste my anger through the phone and that that is what gave him the motivation to keep pressing on through BUD/s. This selectee is currently in 3rd phase and well on his way to graduation. But on with the story...

Later that day, I received a call from the Admiral in charge of Naval Air Training. He expressed his sympathy for my situation, but also was happy to inform me that the Naval Aviation community was happy to have me. The next day, I was re-designated as a pilot. I'm currently flying the T-6 Texan II for my primary training out of Corpus Christi.

Thanks for everyone's support and thank you for supporting military members and their families.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:42 AM   #98
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Fucking hell, you done well enough then, things don't always go as planned but glad you got your second choice!
Old 03-04-2014, 05:16 PM   #99
tensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud of
Name: Eric
tensecondchevelle's Tacoma Gallery
Wow! I couldn't even imagine being in your shoes....

That's cool they pulled some strings to get you into the pilot seat though!
Old 03-05-2014, 06:25 AM   #100
virginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Retired SNCO
virginiamarine's Tacoma Gallery
Really impressive OP that the Navy worked with you on getting you a shot and then getting you in the Navy pilot seat. I honestly believe some of our best pilots come out of the Navy and I'm sure you'll be one of them. I might even seek you out one day in the future since I do a lot of "site visits" to our military bases and buy you a drink!

As for this discussion on folks who wear tridents...I'm sure there are more FAKERS out there than there are real operators. All I can say is when I was stationed with Recon out at Pendleton in the early 90's....most of our Corpsmen were seals who got suspended for whatever reason and were sent to us (the Corps) as some kind of punishment. lol. I still chuckle whenever I think of that. I always had to inquire on their behalf to see about reinstatement to the teams. Regardless, they were studmuffins and decent men. I don't begrudge anyone who aspires to be like them or anyone who makes an honest try at being them. Hooyah/Oohrah! to all those who serve in any uniform!