Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Sticks for Troops (Hockey in Afghanistan)

Old 05-27-2012, 05:50 PM   #1
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: (2T2X1)Air Force Rigger
Name: "Butters"
AFButters's Tacoma Gallery
Sticks for Troops (Hockey in Afghanistan)

I am working with a SSgt here at Fort Lee to Collect New and Used Hockey Sticks to be sent to our POC in Kandahar Afhganistan via the USO in Kandahar to be distributed to troops on the base.

We are speaking with the USO Tuesday to get more information on the Tax deductible info. Right now there are two options you could ship sticks to me to be grouped and sent to Kandahar or I can PM you the Address to ship them to the USOs APO address in Kandahar.

Here is a Little Article about the rink with some pictures.
http://www.stripes.com/news/middle-e...-rink-1.125126

If you have any questions, please ask... If you decide to donate please email me at SticksForTroops@yahoo.com so we can keep track of how many sticks we send over.

Currently I have been contacted via Twitter by the Pittsburgh Penguins, Retired NHL Stanley Cup Winner Aaron Ward that they will be collecting sticks to be sent.

I have also been contacted by a Rep from the Dallas Stars and the Pure Hockey (Hockey equipment store) that I will be receiving further contact after the holiday about potential donations.

Most importantly I have been contacted by individuals looking to send from 1 to 20 sticks .. help...

So if you would like to help or know someone or a group/company that would like to help please spread the word.

Thanks for Supporting the Troops and Hockey in Afghanistan.

Remember our Fallen that fought for our Freedom.

John Lindner SSgt, USAF, Have a Great Memorial Day,
Old 05-27-2012, 07:08 PM   #2
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Anyone... Bueller.. Bueller.. Bueller.
Old 05-27-2012, 07:33 PM   #3
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome idea!
Let me talk to some local people and see if I can get them to contribute.
Old 05-27-2012, 07:48 PM   #4
Sticks For Troops

Old 06-06-2012, 06:23 PM   #5
Sticks For Troops

Check out our Facebook Page.. and we have teamed up with Players Bench.

https://www.facebook.com/SticksForTroops

https://www.facebook.com/PlayersBench
Old 01-15-2013, 09:45 AM   #6
Sticks For Troops

Started a Fantasy Hockey League

Fantasy Hockey League

League ID 57975
Password troops

Some info about a Charity I started
https://www.facebook.com/notes/stick...32058603533310

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...y-afghanistan/

Please read and share
Old 06-11-2014, 08:23 PM   #8
Sticks For Troops

My Little program is starting to grow..

This year we have sent close to 500 sticks, 8 Street Hockey Goals, Goalie Pads, and other Hockey gear to 12 different deployment locations in Afghanistan, Kuwait, Qatar and other locations in the AOR.

Check us out. Facebook.com/sticksfortroops #SupportTheTroops #DesertHockey