Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

airforce advice

Old 06-20-2012, 12:32 AM   #1
Zombie Killer
surferkid is a glorious beacon of lightsurferkid is a glorious beacon of lightsurferkid is a glorious beacon of lightsurferkid is a glorious beacon of lightsurferkid is a glorious beacon of light

EMS: EMT
surferkid's Tacoma Gallery
airforce advice

looking into the emergency medicine physician after i finish school but i was wondering if any of you have worked with them before? are they out seeing the action/work with pararescue? just hoping to get a little more input on how its really like before i talk to a recruiter. thanks everyone
Old 06-20-2012, 06:30 AM   #2
Taco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Taco Gunner's Tacoma Gallery
No, PJ's are interim care until docs get the patient. You will not be out riding around on a helo. You will be at some huge base hospital treating folks....or when this war is over in 100 years, looking at sprained ankles.

Stay civie...the military medical system sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferkid View Post
looking into the emergency medicine physician after i finish school but i was wondering if any of you have worked with them before? are they out seeing the action/work with pararescue? just hoping to get a little more input on how its really like before i talk to a recruiter. thanks everyone
Old 06-20-2012, 06:41 AM   #3
RyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 1Lt, C-130 Navigator
Name: Ryan
RyanLikesTacos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Gunner View Post
You will be at some huge base hospital treating folks....or when this war is over in 100 years, looking at sprained ankles.

+1. Most "physicians" at Air Force bases will "listen" to your grip about whats wrong, and hand you a brown sack with motrin in it and show you the door. If you want to practice medicine, stay civi. If you really want to serve, and make some extra money on the side, contact your local Air Force Reserve or Air National Guard recruiter.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:46 AM   #4
Zombie Killer
surferkid is a glorious beacon of lightsurferkid is a glorious beacon of lightsurferkid is a glorious beacon of lightsurferkid is a glorious beacon of lightsurferkid is a glorious beacon of light

EMS: EMT
surferkid's Tacoma Gallery
I've heard that motrin sack treatment from multiple people but thanks so much for the info and thank you for your service
Old 06-21-2012, 09:58 AM   #5
The "Search" tab is your friend!!
steviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Steve
steviestyles's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Gunner View Post
You will be at some huge base hospital treating folks....or when this war is over in 100 years, looking at sprained ankles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLikesTacos View Post
+1. Most "physicians" at Air Force bases will "listen" to your grip about whats wrong, and hand you a brown sack with motrin in it and show you the door. If you want to practice medicine, stay civi. If you really want to serve, and make some extra money on the side, contact your local Air Force Reserve or Air National Guard recruiter.

lol...the only people who like military health care are the 70 year old retirees who served in Korea and Vietnam.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:29 PM   #6
RyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 1Lt, C-130 Navigator
Name: Ryan
RyanLikesTacos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steviestyles View Post
lol...the only people who like military health care are the 70 year old retirees who served in Korea and Vietnam.
And thats exactly the reason my wife and newborn baby have to wait an hour for a effing prescription at the base pharmacy

Apparently everyone that served in the Navy retires in Pensacola.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:38 PM   #7
giddy up!
derekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 4C071
Name: Derek
derekp's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to derekp
There aren't many AF docs that run with PFs or CSAR folks. The ones that do have worked for the position. Most of the front line me I/al work is done by the IDMTs, which is like a 'field PA'. However, after working at USUHS for the last 3 years I hate to hear that the military health care system has become the vitamin M dispensary. I know most of the docs we train get an outstanding education, well past the Motrin fall back.