Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Army ditching their new unis?

Old 06-26-2012, 11:20 AM   #21
Palehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Palehorse1's Tacoma Gallery
Have no fear you, PEO has your interests and safety first and foremost...

...in some drawer back in a desk stored in some office furniture dump out in the middle of nowhere at Ft. Sill.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:47 AM   #22
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palehorse1 View Post
Have no fear you, PEO has your interests and safety first and foremost...

...in some drawer back in a desk stored in some office furniture dump out in the middle of nowhere at Ft. Sill.

While some E-3 is pissing on it
Old 06-27-2012, 02:01 PM   #23
Finally made it - U.S. Army Retired
cakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police
cakmakli's Tacoma Gallery
The $5 Billion wasted doesn't include the dollar amount of Individual Clothing Allowances that was wasted, not only on the ACU, but also on that hybrid Class A - Dress Blues mess of a uniform.
Old 06-27-2012, 02:10 PM   #24
M4gery is on a distinguished road

Army:
M4gery's Tacoma Gallery
remember readin somewhere awhile back that the army actually made or hired someone to make the desert/woodland marpat but that they didnt feel like spendin the $ for pay for 2 sets of new uniforms so they sold it to the marines and combined em into the acu a couple years later to save $. not sure how true it is just remember it from somewhere...
Old 06-28-2012, 11:45 AM   #25
NvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Jeff
NvrSumR's Tacoma Gallery
'We can't allow the Marine Corps to look more cool than the Army.'"

Well, they never have so why try now?
Old 07-12-2012, 10:06 AM   #26
JPR21 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Security Forces
Name: Joe
JPR21's Tacoma Gallery
Wonder if America's mightiest Air Force will follow SUIT...?
Old 07-12-2012, 10:07 AM   #27
JPR21 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Security Forces
Name: Joe
JPR21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NvrSumR View Post
'We can't allow the Marine Corps to look more cool than the Army.'"

Well, they never have so why try now?
I'm not getting in the middle of this... LOL

-American Airman
Old 07-12-2012, 10:08 AM   #28
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Great job!
Old 07-12-2012, 10:13 AM   #29
"Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7
rleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Master Sergeant, Training Superintendent, 67th Network Warfare Wing
Name: Bob
rleeharris's Tacoma Gallery
The collective uniform boards from all our services have ripped the American taxpayer off by the 100s of millions of dollars. The abject fraud and waste, and a failure to be good stewards of public resources is shameful, possibly criminal, and all involved should be investigated. Some military and civilian contract and acquisition folks got kick-backs on all these crappy uniform decisions--of that, I have no doubt.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:15 PM   #30
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
i heard they're switching to multi cam and ditching the velcro system and ovine back to buttons cause the velcro is noisy and makes static electricity sparks at night
Old 07-12-2012, 12:36 PM   #31
10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light
Marines:
Name: Dillon
10.21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
http://now.msn.com/now/0625-new-army-uniforms.aspx

Just saw this on msn.com.....$5billion wasted what a freakin joke, and that doesnt include how much the AF and Navy have wasted on their camo. Why didn't they use the same as the Marines when they did it first?
Well, aside from the Marine Corps being the awesome-est, a lot of it is due to the USMC's "claiming" of the MARPAT. Now, the SEALs adopted this uniform (without the EGAs) somehow but I imagine that is because SEALs are just slightly better than Marines and have a little more pull.

Our uniform is awesome and I've wondered about this as well because our uniform works very well. As much as I dislike soldiers (because they're not as good), airmen (because I'm jealous of their more Corporate-style of running things...plus they have hot women), and sailors (because, well, they're sailors), it still sucks to see these guys stand out in an environment where bullets are flying. It's like the Army went with that Family Guy episode where Peter dresses as a clown and says "haha, they'll be looking for people in green".

The thing that pissed me off the most is the USMC has banned rolling sleeves on Desert utilities. That's what set us apart from others when we all wore tri-color. So, hopefully the DoD will get their heads out of their asses, adopt a uniform that works for ALL branches, and allow Marines to roll our sleeves ridiculously high while injecting steroids so we look that much better when in uniform compared to others...

Also, the Army uses MultiCam in a hostile environment. And Multicam is the shit...second to A-TACS.

P.S. Don't hate the Marines, this is the first thing we've purchased since 1775 that was actually brand new and worked without it being a hand-me-down from the Army. I love using 80's technology that the Army gave the Marine Corps in 2010.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:07 PM   #32
RyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 1Lt, C-130 Navigator
Name: Ryan
RyanLikesTacos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10.21 View Post
Our uniform is awesome and I've wondered about this as well because our uniform works very well. As much as I dislike soldiers (because they're not as good), airmen (because I'm jealous of their more Corporate-style of running things...plus they have hot women), and sailors (because, well, they're sailors), it still sucks to see these guys stand out in an environment where bullets are flying.
Look at that! Finally a Marine that isn't an asshole because he can do more pull-ups than the average Sailer, Soldier, or Airman, and went through the longest boot camp! Bravo sir, glad there's at least one Marine that realizes we are on the same team and sees we play a little different.

You must be an NCO and have been out of basic long enough to realize you don't have to wear your dog tags in public because your high and tight already tells everyone you're in the Marine Corps?
Old 07-14-2012, 01:47 PM   #33
M202Flash is on a distinguished road

M202Flash's Tacoma Gallery

Things were so much simpler in the 80's.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:29 PM   #34
Infidel
abn2060 is on a distinguished road

abn2060's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by M202Flash View Post

Things were so much simpler in the 80's.
I concur... Lets just go back to the BDU's...
Old 09-25-2012, 04:57 PM   #35
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like the navy is ditching the Blue Cammies and probably goona switch to some version of the multi cam. I love waisting money!!
Old 09-25-2012, 04:59 PM   #36
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
They should just make everyone wear diamond encrusted clothing.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:29 PM   #37
sebassusmc is a splendid one to beholdsebassusmc is a splendid one to beholdsebassusmc is a splendid one to beholdsebassusmc is a splendid one to beholdsebassusmc is a splendid one to beholdsebassusmc is a splendid one to beholdsebassusmc is a splendid one to beholdsebassusmc is a splendid one to behold

Marines: CPL
Name: kevin
sebassusmc's Tacoma Gallery
I wanna roll my sleeves again!!! I hate walking around in va surrounded by every other branch now looking the same. Sleeves down was decided by a survey sent out by the Commandant. I didnt get that survey in my in-box lol im just glad we got ours still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10.21 View Post
Well, aside from the Marine Corps being the awesome-est, a lot of it is due to the USMC's "claiming" of the MARPAT. Now, the SEALs adopted this uniform (without the EGAs) somehow but I imagine that is because SEALs are just slightly better than Marines and have a little more pull.

Our uniform is awesome and I've wondered about this as well because our uniform works very well. As much as I dislike soldiers (because they're not as good), airmen (because I'm jealous of their more Corporate-style of running things...plus they have hot women), and sailors (because, well, they're sailors), it still sucks to see these guys stand out in an environment where bullets are flying. It's like the Army went with that Family Guy episode where Peter dresses as a clown and says "haha, they'll be looking for people in green".

The thing that pissed me off the most is the USMC has banned rolling sleeves on Desert utilities. That's what set us apart from others when we all wore tri-color. So, hopefully the DoD will get their heads out of their asses, adopt a uniform that works for ALL branches, and allow Marines to roll our sleeves ridiculously high while injecting steroids so we look that much better when in uniform compared to others...

Also, the Army uses MultiCam in a hostile environment. And Multicam is the shit...second to A-TACS.

P.S. Don't hate the Marines, this is the first thing we've purchased since 1775 that was actually brand new and worked without it being a hand-me-down from the Army. I love using 80's technology that the Army gave the Marine Corps in 2010.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:00 PM   #38
a name known to all
luka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud of
Air Force: Jet Mech / Metals Tech
Name: Mike
luka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
Meanwhile our squadron got all new toilet paper roll holders with the AF logo on them
Bet they got it at GSA while trying to zero out the budget...

I got 2 sets of Multi-cams from my bro just before he came back from the sandbox(3rd 1yr trip with the Army in 5 years) and I love em.

ABU's are the biggest joke on the flightline too...at least we could somewhat pass formation inspections in BDU's
Old 09-26-2012, 08:53 AM   #39
Hunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 1LT, Infantry (11A)
Name: Hunter
Hunter.V.White's Tacoma Gallery
I agree that the ACU pattern is probably one of the worst camouflages in usage today - they should have known this would be the outcome when they tried to make a *universal* camouflage. As the adage goes, jack of all trades, master of none.

I personally really like the Marine uniforms, but I also understand why the average Joe likes to be different from the other branches. If I could roll my sleeves up when it was hot I would be so happy - and really pissed if they took it away from me. I was so jealous of the marines at Airborne School that could roll their sleeves up when it was heat CAT 5 by 0900.

As an engineer, I would design a uniform unique to the branch (like the Army ACU now) but simply change the fabric pattern/color for the combat environment - like the multicams. I would never try to make a universal camo pattern for the uniform. I'm a fan of the A TACS pattern, maybe we could move to varying color schemes with this pattern.

Old 09-26-2012, 10:48 AM   #40
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luka View Post
Bet they got it at GSA while trying to zero out the budget...

I got 2 sets of Multi-cams from my bro just before he came back from the sandbox(3rd 1yr trip with the Army in 5 years) and I love em.

ABU's are the biggest joke on the flightline too...at least we could somewhat pass formation inspections in BDU's

and suede boots are super easy to clean too

Ive got a cop buddy that got dinged bc he has a black mark on a boot from the shifter on his motorcycle.... Pretty soon you will be required to starch your ABU's just like the BDU's were.

Meanwhile. We are now ordering multi cams for people going to djibouti... we still cant get the gortex multi cams though. So the AF guys get multi cam unis but have to wear ABU gortex