Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Army ditching their new unis?

Old 09-26-2012, 11:06 AM   #41
wes mantooth ™
Joben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: I Babysit Adults
Name: Joben
Joben7726's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb_crew View Post
Looks like the navy is ditching the Blue Cammies and probably goona switch to some version of the multi cam. I love waisting money!!
i heard this too, actually it was in the Navy Times, but not sure if you can really believe them...i remember whn they were giving us the clothing allowance for these stupid blue digi's. waht va waste, who do we need to blend in with? the water?
Old 09-26-2012, 11:08 AM   #42
wes mantooth ™
Joben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: I Babysit Adults
Name: Joben
Joben7726's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebassusmc View Post
I wanna roll my sleeves again!!! I hate walking around in va surrounded by every other branch now looking the same. Sleeves down was decided by a survey sent out by the Commandant. I didnt get that survey in my in-box lol im just glad we got ours still.
also, because of yall, (and BC I work at a join command) NO ONE is allowed to roll up our sleeves where i work...
Old 09-27-2012, 12:02 AM   #43
Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
adio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 740TH Combat Support Company
adio's Tacoma Gallery
never been a fan of the ACU's. stains easily from the red dirt from Schofield Barracks, specially the boots. have to literally use sandpaper to sand it down to get it to garrison standards. hopefully they'll move to the MULTI-CAM design.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:28 AM   #44
U.S.M.C.
bowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of light

Marines: HQ BN Truck CO 2nd Marine Division, RS Salt lake city, 6th Marine Regiment, 7th Marine Regiment
bowzerdoo77's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to bowzerdoo77 Send a message via Skype™ to bowzerdoo77
Its good to Be a Marine and to just stick with what works..
Old 09-27-2012, 12:32 AM   #45
U.S.M.C.
bowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of light

Marines: HQ BN Truck CO 2nd Marine Division, RS Salt lake city, 6th Marine Regiment, 7th Marine Regiment
bowzerdoo77's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to bowzerdoo77 Send a message via Skype™ to bowzerdoo77
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10.21 View Post
Well, aside from the Marine Corps being the awesome-est, a lot of it is due to the USMC's "claiming" of the MARPAT. Now, the SEALs adopted this uniform (without the EGAs) somehow but I imagine that is because SEALs are just slightly better than Marines and have a little more pull.

Our uniform is awesome and I've wondered about this as well because our uniform works very well. As much as I dislike soldiers (because they're not as good), airmen (because I'm jealous of their more Corporate-style of running things...plus they have hot women), and sailors (because, well, they're sailors), it still sucks to see these guys stand out in an environment where bullets are flying. It's like the Army went with that Family Guy episode where Peter dresses as a clown and says "haha, they'll be looking for people in green".

The thing that pissed me off the most is the USMC has banned rolling sleeves on Desert utilities. That's what set us apart from others when we all wore tri-color. So, hopefully the DoD will get their heads out of their asses, adopt a uniform that works for ALL branches, and allow Marines to roll our sleeves ridiculously high while injecting steroids so we look that much better when in uniform compared to others...

Also, the Army uses MultiCam in a hostile environment. And Multicam is the shit...second to A-TACS.

P.S. Don't hate the Marines, this is the first thing we've purchased since 1775 that was actually brand new and worked without it being a hand-me-down from the Army. I love using 80's technology that the Army gave the Marine Corps in 2010.
Semper Fi
Old 09-27-2012, 01:08 AM   #46
a name known to all
luka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud of
Air Force: Jet Mech / Metals Tech
Name: Mike
luka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
and suede boots are super easy to clean too

Ive got a cop buddy that got dinged bc he has a black mark on a boot from the shifter on his motorcycle.... Pretty soon you will be required to starch your ABU's just like the BDU's were.

Meanwhile. We are now ordering multi cams for people going to djibouti... we still cant get the gortex multi cams though. So the AF guys get multi cam unis but have to wear ABU gortex
I wouldn't know about the new boots...I'm still rocking the original ABU steal-toes from 2009...not my choice either..

I'm curious to see how good they clean up though...less than a week of working -135's did more damage than years on the -15s
Old 09-27-2012, 04:23 AM   #47
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
my "green" ABU boots now look like someone tried to dye the old desert boots green. only one trip to the desert to do it.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:46 AM   #48
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/after-...-patterns.html
Old 09-29-2012, 06:26 AM   #49
Idaho is on a distinguished road
Army:
Idaho's Tacoma Gallery
Just make the change to multicams and be done with it. Works well in almost all environments and fits the "one uniform" criteria that the army wanted. Granted in some more extreme places something else might be better, but the SOF units that would possibly be going there have the cash to buy their own anyways.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:49 PM   #50
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
So is teh Army getting something new? Or are they going with what the Marine Corps has? What about the pattern you see on ISAF forces? That's not a bad looking design. The new USAF looks pretty terrible. By the time they get it figures out, the Army would have used the original desert, the ACU, and a new pattern in 12 yrs of Afghanistan. You would think by then they would have figured out something that works.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:43 PM   #51
adio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shed

adio's Tacoma Gallery
I think so far Army will stick with the ACU's, and MULTI-CAM when getting deployed, till they come out with a new design. Honestly I think the MULTI-CAM should've been their first choice. There's no way they're gonna get the MARPAT. Last time I read it's patented by the Marine Corp, so that a no-go.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:08 PM   #52
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.duffelblog.com/2012/08/us...o-replace-acu/

Quote:
Fort Belvoir, VA – In a surprise move, the US Army’s Program Executive Office-Soldier has announced that it has selected a “revolutionary” new woodland camouflage pattern to replace the Army’s Universal Camouflage Pattern (UCP).
Old 10-02-2012, 04:28 PM   #53
Idaho is on a distinguished road
Army:
Idaho's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ha ha, that site is pretty good. It's like The Onion of military news.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:31 PM   #54
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Fuck looks like V.N. 1968,,,,,,,,, Oh god please cut the mil budget ..... they have box cars full of $$$ for this
Old 10-03-2012, 12:37 PM   #57

adio's Tacoma Gallery
I'm surprise DOA spent that much on the ACU's. It has more cons than pros. velcro, pattern, ain't that durable compare to the BDU's of the yesteryear.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:42 PM   #58
Gotcha88 is a splendid one to beholdGotcha88 is a splendid one to beholdGotcha88 is a splendid one to beholdGotcha88 is a splendid one to beholdGotcha88 is a splendid one to beholdGotcha88 is a splendid one to beholdGotcha88 is a splendid one to behold

Gotcha88's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
the last part has it pretty summed up....

According to insiders, the design was selected after the Marines had switched to an eye-catching pixel-driven pattern. "That's what this really comes down to," the editor of Soldier Systems Daily said. "'We can't allow the Marine Corps to look more cool than the Army.'"

same reason the AF changed to their hawaiian shirt tiger stripe. i think the reason no one could use the same pattern as the marines was b/c they patented it and had the eagle/globe/anchor built into the pattern. the fact that everyone tries to be better than the next is killing the "uniformity" of the military.

one pattern for woodland, one pattern for desert, and all the branches wear it w/ insignias in the same places....too easy? screw traditions and how things used to be. we're all supposed to be one team and one fight.

agreeeeeed
Old 10-03-2012, 12:53 PM   #59
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
best comment on the article

"Pixel-camo uniforms. We must be at war with Adobe Photoshop"
Old 10-03-2012, 05:37 PM   #60
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by adio View Post
speaking about new unis for the Army. look at what just came up..

http://m.military.com/daily-news/201...ESRC=army-a.nl

Quote:
Originally Posted by adio View Post
I'm surprise DOA spent that much on the ACU's. It has more cons than pros. velcro, pattern, ain't that durable compare to the BDU's of the yesteryear.
I still hunt in green BDU from 1969,,, no holes,, rips or fuck up's,,, To bad they cant make anything like that today,, Everyone was in the same thing back then but the all black or tiger strip for the Seals