Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Educate me on Full Body Armor

Old 07-26-2012, 07:03 AM   #2
bozotaco has much to be proud ofbozotaco has much to be proud ofbozotaco has much to be proud ofbozotaco has much to be proud ofbozotaco has much to be proud ofbozotaco has much to be proud ofbozotaco has much to be proud ofbozotaco has much to be proud ofbozotaco has much to be proud of
Firefighter: wildland firefighter
bozotaco's Tacoma Gallery
Really? Are you going to wear it every time you go out to the movies or grocery shopping? Sounds nutty to me.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:06 AM   #4
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
This does sound odd, but I am curious of the outcome.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:07 AM   #5
Slow lane cruiser
Bandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: USAF Firefighter gone legit
Name: Another Matt
Bandit's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-26-2012, 07:12 AM   #7
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery

Hoping you guys get the movie reference...
Old 07-26-2012, 07:12 AM   #9
bozotaco has much to be proud ofbozotaco has much to be proud ofbozotaco has much to be proud ofbozotaco has much to be proud ofbozotaco has much to be proud ofbozotaco has much to be proud ofbozotaco has much to be proud ofbozotaco has much to be proud ofbozotaco has much to be proud of
Firefighter: wildland firefighter
bozotaco's Tacoma Gallery
If you want to just throw money away, I can think of better ideas. Not trying to bash you, but did you maybe think it was too soon for this?
Old 07-26-2012, 07:13 AM   #10
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I don't understand the need for full body armor... If you don't intend to wear it, it won't do you any good in your closet. Unless you plan to wear it every time you go out to a crowded area, it will do you no good.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:14 AM   #11
Killer is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Killer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozotaco View Post
If you want to just throw money away, I can think of better ideas. Not trying to bash you, but did you maybe think it was too soon for this?
I didn't think it would offend anyone but, I will delete the topic. I apologize for anyone I might have upset.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:15 AM   #12
tbolt98 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chad
tbolt98's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't waste your money on armor... the civilian stuff isn't as protective as you would think, they limit the sale of the good stuff to LEO and armed guards (that's what i do). If you have money burning a hole in your pocket spend it on weapons and ammo and learn how to shoot it and protect yourself!
Old 07-26-2012, 07:17 AM   #13
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
That it is but, it comes from my teenage years of fighting.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:22 AM   #17
jds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
jds0912's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Ironic screen name
Bahaha. Seriously, someone should call the feds.

Picture of what OP might look like
http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3q8kw4/
Old 07-26-2012, 07:27 AM   #18
Poodoo
luk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
Pricks. Feeling the need to comment for the sake of commenting. Either skip the thread or post some useful info.
If the shoe fits wear it don't get butt hurt, comment and remove all doubt.

I agree with tbolt98, nothing available to civilians will be worth spending the money on. Instead paying attention and having a plan would better suit you if such a situation as the one mentioned would arise.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:28 AM   #19
IronPig is one of the sharper tools in the shedIronPig is one of the sharper tools in the shedIronPig is one of the sharper tools in the shedIronPig is one of the sharper tools in the shedIronPig is one of the sharper tools in the shedIronPig is one of the sharper tools in the shedIronPig is one of the sharper tools in the shedIronPig is one of the sharper tools in the shedIronPig is one of the sharper tools in the shedIronPig is one of the sharper tools in the shedIronPig is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Bad Cop, No Donut!
IronPig's Tacoma Gallery
Really? You need body armor for every day life? You might as well move into a cave and be a recluse. If you had full body armor and you were invovled in the CO shooting, you would not have made it. Assault rifles with .223/.556 rounds go thru body armor like warm cheese. Might as well wear folded up cardboard. I agree that a screen name of "Killer" and then asking about body armor is asinine.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:37 AM   #20
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Useful: take this to another forum......why draw attention to a truck forum.

On a personal note, fuck you sir
I second that statement. You do know in most states its a felony (or gross mis) if you carry a weapon while wearing body armor(unless its for your job)?
and second, are you fucking crazy? if you really had the need for something like that, you would already know what you needed. Smack Yourself in the face.