1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Enlighten me on something..

Discussion in 'Military' started by BrokenTusk, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Nov 6, 2012 at 6:17 AM
    BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk [OP] I support a velociraptor free workplace.

Member:
    First Name:
    Marcelasaurus
    AB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    The Scarlett Whore
    Check Build Thread!!
    :SexyDinosaurTusk:

2. Nov 6, 2012 at 7:11 AM
    stewartx

stewartx Well-Known Member

Member:
    Huntsville AL
    Vehicle:
    2012 Silver DC SB TRD Off-Road
    Winch, front hitch, step bars, bed extender, bed step, gull-wing toolbox, tailgate lock, security system, cb radio, etc.
    In addition to a large military, we also have a law which strictly prohibits the use of military personnel for domestic law enforcement. It could be done under martial law (a presidential declaration), but that would be extremely unpopular with civil libertarians (drug users obviously wouldn't like it either).

Personally, I think much could be done short of martial law. For example, military personnel, without direct arrest authority, could be used to supplement or assist civilian law enforcement. They could also be used, under supervision of civilian law enforcement, to search vehicles & ships entering the country. Both would still generate a massive outcry from civil libertarians, but I don't really care (though others obviously do).

As for Mexico, they wouldn't likely agree to the use of our military there (suggests they can't handle it on their own) and any independent action might be considered an act of war. Again, at this point, I'm not really bother all that much by the latter either.

3. Nov 6, 2012 at 8:00 AM
    stewartx

stewartx Well-Known Member

Member:
    Huntsville AL
    Vehicle:
    2012 Silver DC SB TRD Off-Road
    Winch, front hitch, step bars, bed extender, bed step, gull-wing toolbox, tailgate lock, security system, cb radio, etc.
    I don't get the point of your argument. If crimes are committed, what does it really matter how many are incarcerated? As the old saying goes, don't do the crime if you can't do the time. At any rate, this is a country of 300+ million people with less than one percent (2.2 million) in prison. I don't think that's at all excessive, especially when that number committed crimes.

As for blacks, percentage of population is utterly irrelevant. You can only prove discrimination by proving they're incarcerated at a rate disproportionate to the crimes they've committed. You have not even come close to doing that. In the end, blacks are often far more visible in their drug activities (more likely to sell drugs on street corners, for example), so are obviously going to get caught more often. That has nothing whatsoever to do with discrimination.

4. Nov 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM
    waheed

waheed Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Waheed
    Vancouver
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD OFF-ROAD
    Banks power Exhaust, 4x4 LED mod, Duratracs, SNUGTOP, LED insideNout
    Nothing compared to Detroit, Brooklyn or LA, a Little FACT: More people die in Cali in one year than ALL of Canada compined. Comprende amigo.

5. Nov 8, 2012 at 1:18 PM
    waheed

waheed Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Waheed
    Vancouver
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD OFF-ROAD
    Banks power Exhaust, 4x4 LED mod, Duratracs, SNUGTOP, LED insideNout
    Combined :)

Products Discussed in