1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dishonorable Disclosures

Discussion in 'Military' started by NumNutz, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Aug 28, 2012 at 5:47 AM
    NumNutz

NumNutz [OP] One of the original 7928

Member:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma 4x4 - Kings, TC, Dakars, broken stuff
    Lots.
  2. Aug 28, 2012 at 6:26 AM
    ElCid11Taco

ElCid11Taco Trashy is Classy

Member:
    First Name:
    Parker
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport
    4x Innovations sliders, Rear Diff Breather Mod...More to come!
    This is why The President should be required to have previous military experience.

3. Aug 28, 2012 at 3:39 PM
    sammy87

sammy87 Well-Known Member

Member:
    co
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD SPORT 4X4

Some of the best US presidents never served, some of the worst did.

Reagan never served
    Grant Did
    FDR no service
    Lincoln no service
    Nixon did serve

You can argue that Kennedy was a pretty bad presidency and he served. GW also did but I'll leave that one alone. If you look back it's determine if prior service was a factor in a successful presidency.

Lincoln was in the IL militia and Reagan was stateside in teh reserves during WW2.

4. Aug 28, 2012 at 3:47 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    There is so much information that contra-indicates this it isn't even funny. Abu ghraib, the Ft Hood shooting, the Wikileaks private, and a plethora of other moral and official misconduct...Being in the military doesn't make anyone better for a job or make them a better person.

5. Aug 28, 2012 at 3:48 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    :popcorn:
    i agree wholeheartedly.

6. Aug 28, 2012 at 3:56 PM
    sammy87

sammy87 Well-Known Member

Member:
    co
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD SPORT 4X4
    Duke Cunningham was a legend in the flying community for what he did in Vietnam. He's in jail now for what he did as a congressman. I met great and terrible ppl in the military. It shouldn't make a difference.

7. Sep 23, 2012 at 9:24 AM
    ChewbacaTW

ChewbacaTW My progeny will be awesome!

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Flagstaff, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    02 Xtra Cab TRD off road
    K&N air intake, custom exhaust, Powerslot Brakes, urethane steering rack bushings
    I don't think the assertion is necessarily that the military makes better people perse' but better citizens overall. The fact that the average veteran is of a higher calibre and understands thier duty to something larger than themselves (Country), one could argue, makes them inherently better than the average civilian that cares more about which celebrity did what.

Granted i've known alot of shitbags that were/are the military, and i've known many excelent civilians. I'm not saying that its a perfect arguement/assumption, but the military inherently weeds out the unwilling and uncommited. At least it's supposed to.

8. Sep 23, 2012 at 12:45 PM
    ETAV8R

ETAV8R Out DERP'n

Member:
    Republik of Commiefornia
    Vehicle:
    MGM 09 AC 4WD V6 TRD-OR w/ Tradesman Shell
    Just the basics
    I watched about 15 min of the video. I'm no Obama fan but it is aimed at chastising his administration. Every administration uses leaks of various kinds to attempt putting said administration in a better light. We as a public have such a short attention span and memory that it always seems like a surprise when it happens. Anyone in office would have claimed credit for said mission. I especially liked GW landing on the carrier proclaiming mission accomplished. Mmmm we are still actively campaigning in two major operations-Iraq/Afghanistan with others on the horizon. I prefer military service for our presidents since they have some sort of understanding of what the men under their command could possibly endure from presidential influence. That being said it isn't always a deciding factor and does not need to be a requirement.

Lots of good comments in this thread. I suggest the book "Family of Secrets" by Russ Baker. Hollywood couldn't have written something as interesting as the Bush family story. Amazing shit in that book that will make your head spin. Another great book is "War Is A Racket" written by Brig. Gen. Smedley D. Butler. That book should be required reading for military personnel.

Products Discussed in

To Top