Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Dishonorable Disclosures

Old 08-28-2012, 05:47 AM   #1
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Dishonorable Disclosures

Watch and join if you share the same opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-Xfti7qtT0
Old 08-28-2012, 06:26 AM   #2
Trashy is Classy
ElCid11Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedElCid11Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedElCid11Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedElCid11Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedElCid11Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedElCid11Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedElCid11Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedElCid11Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedElCid11Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedElCid11Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedElCid11Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Parker
ElCid11Taco's Tacoma Gallery
This is why The President should be required to have previous military experience.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:39 PM   #3
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCid11Taco View Post
This is why The President should be required to have previous military experience.

Some of the best US presidents never served, some of the worst did.

Reagan never served
Grant Did
FDR no service
Lincoln no service
Nixon did serve

You can argue that Kennedy was a pretty bad presidency and he served. GW also did but I'll leave that one alone. If you look back it's determine if prior service was a factor in a successful presidency.

Lincoln was in the IL militia and Reagan was stateside in teh reserves during WW2.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:47 PM   #4
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCid11Taco View Post
There is so much information that contra-indicates this it isn't even funny. Abu ghraib, the Ft Hood shooting, the Wikileaks private, and a plethora of other moral and official misconduct...Being in the military doesn't make anyone better for a job or make them a better person.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:56 PM   #6
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Duke Cunningham was a legend in the flying community for what he did in Vietnam. He's in jail now for what he did as a congressman. I met great and terrible ppl in the military. It shouldn't make a difference.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:24 AM   #7
My progeny will be awesome!
ChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
ChewbacaTW's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think the assertion is necessarily that the military makes better people perse' but better citizens overall. The fact that the average veteran is of a higher calibre and understands thier duty to something larger than themselves (Country), one could argue, makes them inherently better than the average civilian that cares more about which celebrity did what.

Granted i've known alot of shitbags that were/are the military, and i've known many excelent civilians. I'm not saying that its a perfect arguement/assumption, but the military inherently weeds out the unwilling and uncommited. At least it's supposed to.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:45 PM   #8
4th MAW
ETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MASS 6 El Toro
ETAV8R's Tacoma Gallery
I watched about 15 min of the video. I'm no Obama fan but it is aimed at chastising his administration. Every administration uses leaks of various kinds to attempt putting said administration in a better light. We as a public have such a short attention span and memory that it always seems like a surprise when it happens. Anyone in office would have claimed credit for said mission. I especially liked GW landing on the carrier proclaiming mission accomplished. Mmmm we are still actively campaigning in two major operations-Iraq/Afghanistan with others on the horizon. I prefer military service for our presidents since they have some sort of understanding of what the men under their command could possibly endure from presidential influence. That being said it isn't always a deciding factor and does not need to be a requirement.

Lots of good comments in this thread. I suggest the book "Family of Secrets" by Russ Baker. Hollywood couldn't have written something as interesting as the Bush family story. Amazing shit in that book that will make your head spin. Another great book is "War Is A Racket" written by Brig. Gen. Smedley D. Butler. That book should be required reading for military personnel.