LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

"No Easy Day" Book about Bin Laden's Death!

Old 09-17-2012, 04:34 PM   #21
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
It was a really good book. I know a lot of people dont agree with what he did and i dont necessarily agree with what he did either but it was still a good book none the less.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:38 PM   #22
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post
In an interview on 60 minutes he said his entire team supported him and the novel. I am going to read it eventually. He also stated there is nothing in the book that would cause him to break any laws or give away info that shouldn't be there.
He did give away some secrets. It wasnt really anything big but when i read through it i could definitely pick it out.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:47 PM   #23
Love me some tacos!!!!
Fred1524 is a jewel in the roughFred1524 is a jewel in the roughFred1524 is a jewel in the roughFred1524 is a jewel in the rough

Marines: Cpl. 2nd BN. 4th Mar
Name: Fred
Fred1524's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post
In an interview on 60 minutes he said his entire team supported him and the novel. I am going to read it eventually. He also stated there is nothing in the book that would cause him to break any laws or give away info that shouldn't be there.
I saw that interview too...just reallly hard to believe that guys that are so secret would actually give him the go ahead on this. Especially in other interviews and articles, SEALs from other teams frowned hard on it. Who really knows though .
Old 12-31-2012, 07:15 AM   #24
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
My wife got me the book for Christmas, I wanted to finish it before zero dark thirty comes out. I thought it was pretty good and avoided the worship me attitude that lone survivor had. Although that would make a better movie IMHO. I thought it was good though. I don't blame the guy for writing it either, he's gotta cash in somehow.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:38 AM   #25
Something about something
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
I got it for christmas too! Ill be starting it soon.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:55 AM   #26
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
It's good, I finished it in 3 nights which is fast for me.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:10 AM   #27
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
I'll keep this on the maybe list. American Sniper is a great book. Written by Chris Kyle (with help of course)
Old 12-31-2012, 08:25 AM   #28
belone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
belone12's Tacoma Gallery
I started reading it a month ago and put it down. Now that Christmas is over I can get back to it. They are doing the final prep before the mission. I agree with the contrast to Lone Survivor. I loved the 2nd half of that book, the 1st half became "ok i get it already".
I get really into search and rescue stories about PJ's. If anyone is looking for a good read, I recommend 1) That Others May Live and 2) None Braver - one of my favorites.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:32 PM   #29

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I'm from Texas too and there is some state pride, but lone survivor takes it to a whole other level. Didn't read American sniper, but I read seal team 6 memoirs of a seal sniper. It was pretty good, early 90's missions including black hawk down. The guy went to my wife's chiropractor school and graduated a yr before.

My next book will be unbroken about a ww2 vet. It's suppose to be a pretty unbelievable story and just got the go ahead for a movie.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:41 AM   #30
belone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
belone12's Tacoma Gallery
I saw Zero Dark Thirty yesterday. It was great, very well done. My eyes were locked on the screen not wanting to miss anything but not wanting it to end. Timing worked out perfect, b/c in No Easy Day i am up to the part right before the deploy on the mission, so the movie fills in all the intelligence questions/prelim details from the CIA's perspective. Now i can get back to the book.
Serioulsy though, the movie was pretty f-ing awesome.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:15 AM   #31
Something about something
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
My next book will be unbroken about a ww2 vet. It's suppose to be a pretty unbelievable story and just got the go ahead for a movie.
Great book! The first few chapters get a little boring with lots of back story but later in the book you will understand why it was important to include it.

It was hard for me to stop reading it though. Its crazy to think about what some of these guys went through
Old 01-03-2013, 02:15 PM   #32

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by belone12 View Post
I saw Zero Dark Thirty yesterday. It was great, very well done. My eyes were locked on the screen not wanting to miss anything but not wanting it to end. Timing worked out perfect, b/c in No Easy Day i am up to the part right before the deploy on the mission, so the movie fills in all the intelligence questions/prelim details from the CIA's perspective. Now i can get back to the book.
Serioulsy though, the movie was pretty f-ing awesome.
It's getting really great reviews, even oscar buzz.

As far as SEAL movies go, it would be hard to beat "Navy Seals"
Old 01-05-2013, 04:40 PM   #33
NvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Jeff
NvrSumR's Tacoma Gallery
Damn I've got some catching up to do. Made a list of all the books mentioned (besides Lone Survivor, already read that one) and will start on them soon.

Anyone seen the production photos of the Lone Survivor movie yet? Directed by Peter Berg, hopefully it will be as good as the book.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:25 PM   #34
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Starting No Easy Day tomorrow. Then "Making class 228" which chronicles SEALs training
Old 01-06-2013, 12:32 PM   #35
MikeMH is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeMH is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeMH is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeMH is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeMH is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeMH is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeMH is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeMH is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeMH is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeMH is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeMH is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Mike
MikeMH's Tacoma Gallery
Just found this thread, I finished No Easy Day yesterday after getting it for my dad for Xmas, he read it in about 24 hours.

I'd recommend it.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:01 AM   #36

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NvrSumR View Post
Damn I've got some catching up to do. Made a list of all the books mentioned (besides Lone Survivor, already read that one) and will start on them soon.

Anyone seen the production photos of the Lone Survivor movie yet? Directed by Peter Berg, hopefully it will be as good as the book.
Didn't know Love Survivor got a movie deal. Personally I thought the book was pretty bad. I think it will make a good movie as long as they keep the first 1/2 of the book out of the movie. I couldn't sit through an hr of how awesome Texas is and how bad ass SEALS are.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:05 AM   #37

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Just looked it up, I saw the lead is Marky Mark. Not gonna have high hopes for it. He's a douche after he said he would have stopped 911 if he was on one the airliners.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:11 AM   #38
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It's getting really great reviews, even oscar buzz.

As far as SEAL movies go, it would be hard to beat "Navy Seals"

Shoot man you can't beat Act of Valor....real SEALs. On the other hand I did just get this book and will be starting next week on my trip to TX.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:48 AM   #39
NvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Jeff
NvrSumR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Didn't know Love Survivor got a movie deal. Personally I thought the book was pretty bad. I think it will make a good movie as long as they keep the first 1/2 of the book out of the movie. I couldn't sit through an hr of how awesome Texas is and how bad ass SEALS are.
I must be the exception. I enjoyed the book. Guess I just didn't notice the "I'm from Texas and a badass" that everyone is complaining about.

Not sure if I like Wahlberg as the lead, but I'll reserve judgment until I atleast see a trailer.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:31 PM   #40

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NvrSumR View Post

I just noticed you were in the USMC, have you read "One Bullet Away"? It was written by one of the Lt's and his perspective that was in "Generation Kill" Outstanding book and I think it's the best I've read written about the GWOT.