Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

"No Easy Day" Book about Bin Laden's Death!

Old 01-09-2013, 03:42 PM   #41
NvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Jeff
NvrSumR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
I just noticed you were in the USMC, have you read "One Bullet Away"? It was written by one of the Lt's and his perspective that was in "Generation Kill" Outstanding book and I think it's the best I've read written about the GWOT.
I haven't. Didn't know about it until reading this thread. It'll be my next book after I finish Vince Flynn's new one.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:55 PM   #42
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Just finished it. That was a good read
Old 01-09-2013, 10:03 PM   #43
belone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
belone12's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMH View Post
Just found this thread, I finished No Easy Day yesterday after getting it for my dad for Xmas, he read it in about 24 hours.

I'd recommend it.
Finished no easy day last night. Very good. Much better than the portrayal in zero dark thirty.
Anyway, lutrell in lone survivor was a 6'4" texan that boasts about his size. Marky mark is 5'8" masshole. Curious to see how he portrays him. One redeeming thing is Eric Bana plays a team leader. His character Hoot in Black Hawk Down was great.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:32 AM   #44
NvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Jeff
NvrSumR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by belone12 View Post
Finished no easy day last night. Very good. Much better than the portrayal in zero dark thirty.
Anyway, lutrell in lone survivor was a 6'4" texan that boasts about his size. Marky mark is 5'8" masshole. Curious to see how he portrays him. One redeeming thing is Eric Bana plays a team leader. His character Hoot in Black Hawk Down was great.
Hollywood can make Marky look that tall if they want to. I can't imagine Lutrell approving of Marky if he didnt think he could do it. I wouldn't have cast him, but I'm not a director either.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:47 PM   #45
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by belone12 View Post
Eric bana is a pretty good actor. He was awesome in Munich.

Zero dark thirty was done by the same chic as hurt locker. I wasn't a fan of that movie so idk how 0 dark 30 will be. I think lone survivor would make a better movie though.