Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Libya

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 03:25 PM   #21
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
I'm sorry but we helped out the rebels who were on "our" side. That's great and all but can they control the country? Egypt too. It could be very easy for more radical Islamic groups to take power in these situations. Which would be much much worse than Quadafi, Saddam, Mubarak, ect...
You guys backed Saddam and Mubarak , at least while it suited you , no ?

Old 09-12-2012, 03:45 PM   #22
Cheyenne Trail Crew
AlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 37th Helicopter Squadron
Name: Adam
AlphaEcho2k5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
I'll go ahead and say the one word that sums it all up......"Religion".
Agree, Why don't other religions seem to go Ape shit when a movie / cartoon is made slighting them? It may be the "Extremist" that stir the pot but that's a lot of extremist protesting in the streets.

Quote:
The Enemy of my Enemy is my Friend...

Old 09-12-2012, 03:49 PM   #23
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaEcho2k5 View Post
Agree, Why don't other religions seem to go Ape shit when a movie / cartoon is made slighting them? It may be the "Extremist" that stir the pot but that's a lot of extremist protesting in the streets.

The Enemy of my Enemy is my Friend...
Some religions don't need cartoons... abortion clinics and christians... all religions have a pressure point for the "extremists", and they all have them.

Frank

Old 09-12-2012, 03:50 PM   #24
Cheyenne Trail Crew
AlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Logan View Post
Some religions don't need cartoons... abortion clinics and christians... all religions have a pressure point for the "extremists", and they all have them.

Frank
on this scale?

Old 09-12-2012, 03:53 PM   #25
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
on this scale?
Let's see... snipers shooting doctors... and 500 years of "crusades"?

Frank

Old 09-12-2012, 03:59 PM   #26
Cheyenne Trail Crew

Quote:
Let's see... snipers shooting doctors... and 500 years of "crusades"?

Frank
Who's on the crusade these days?

R.I.P to those Americans murdered. /enough

Old 09-12-2012, 04:04 PM   #27
UBIQUE

Quote:
Who's on the crusade these days?
America? That's what George Bush said...

No religion is guilt free, past, present, or future. Or free that mater free of radicals who beleive that all they do is in the name of their God(s), and their actions are free of sin.

Frank

Old 09-12-2012, 04:07 PM   #28
Leoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Leo
Leoffensive's Tacoma Gallery

Old 09-12-2012, 05:43 PM   #29
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Yeah we did for a while, Saddam was a little different story. But at the time we were worried about Soviet influence on that part of the world. We always gave Egypt more foreign aid than anyonen else, mostly to keep them from going after Israel and to be on "our" side. Now Mubarak is gone, even if they "elect" a democratic leader, they will have a hard time keeping the radicals in check. Libya will be the same way.

It is funny that muslims get pissed when they are depicted as being violent and extreme, and in protest they go out and kill and burn shit. This happenned in Denmark several yrs ago with a cartoonists.

Israel likes to strike first before they get too powerful or crazy, but we usually have a wait and see attitude. If I were Israel I'd go after Iran, they shouldn't give a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks. Obama should be backing them too.

Old 09-12-2012, 05:52 PM   #30
UBIQUE

Quote:
If I were Israel I'd go after Iran, they shouldn't give a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks.
Good advise for Iran... seems the only way to keep people from screwing with your country (no finger pointing.. but) is to nuke up. Just ask North Korea, Pakistani and India.

Frank

Old 09-12-2012, 05:58 PM   #31
Young Padawan
Jonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS: Was EMT Cert. for 2 years in CO.
Name: Spencer
Jonesn13's Tacoma Gallery
I wonder what would happen if we pulled all Funding from the Middle East? All across the board.

Then they would just say we are inhumane, selfish and greedy.

But seriously. "Oh, you just murdered someone with supposed Diplomatic immunity? Goodbye, we will leave you to your own fate now..."

EDIT: It will never happen, but some people just don't understand how many millions of dollars of "humanitarian aid" we pour into countries that hate us, much less clandestine operations.

Old 09-12-2012, 05:59 PM   #32
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Good advise for Iran... seems the only way to keep people from screwing with your country (no finger pointing.. but) is to nuke up. Just ask North Korea, Pakistani and India.

Frank
They want to be part of the big boy club. Having nukes gives you more street cred. If they do get them, they will be able to have much greater influence on the persian gulf, Iraq, Kuwait, SA, and over Israel. That's not a good thing. Our national security is completely dependent on a secure price on oil. If oil sky rockets, our economy suffers. If it stays that high for long, the US will be forced to take extreme measures. Israel did us a huge favor in 91 by not getting involved. We need to back them on Iran.

Old 09-12-2012, 06:04 PM   #33
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes and no. More often than not it's economocs. In Iraq you had 2 factions of Islam. However the Sunni were the minority but controlled most of the money. Once Saddam goes down, The Shia try to get even.

Most of these "Radicals" come from pretty shitty backgrounds and are brainwashed. They hate us and whoever is in power because of what we believe, but mostly for what we have. If you had a stable govt that was fair, AC, running water, some luxuries, disposable income, health ect...you would be a lot less likely to be convinced to strap a bomb on your chest and blow up a shopping mall.

funny thing is we have weak minded brainwashed types right here on our own land....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...IkdoslvIU&NR=1

Old 09-12-2012, 06:05 PM   #34
UBIQUE

Quote:
We need to back them on Iran.
See.. to be fair, we wouldn't have to "worry" about Iran, if the CIA hadn't created the situation where Khomeini was able to rise to power in the first place.

Frank

Old 09-12-2012, 06:22 PM   #35
Young Padawan
Jonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Our foreign policy(ies) and it's seemingly shortsightedness just makes me want to bury my head in the sand some days.

I have no idea what would be different in both our own and foreign countries if we had not "meddled" in them over the last 3-5 decades. Who knows.

All I can see now is a lot of hate, fear and ignorance out in the world, and certainly not just foreign. (that vid ^^^^ is scary)

Now, I am going to preface my next statement with a bit of info to (hopefully) forestall some of the backlash. By no means am I a Pacifist. I work in one of the top MMA gyms in the country. I am a card (and more) carrying NRA member. I have spent time in some seriously scary places internationally and domestically. I have both seen and inflicted violence upon others.

BUT, I don't agree with how so many people in the world respond to an insult/snub/prank/joke with immediate violence so often.

I understand that the atrocity in Libya may have been instigated by a select few, but it is sad when it is so easy for them to get the populace fired up like that.

Maybe it is my own ignorance or misunderstanding of the situation/scenario, but it all makes me somewhat sad...

Ok, I am done now.

Old 09-12-2012, 06:32 PM   #36
UBIQUE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesn13 View Post
Our foreign policy(ies) and it's seemingly shortsightedness just makes me want to bury my head in the sand some days.

I have no idea what would be different in both our own and foreign countries if we had not "meddled" in them over the last 3-5 decades. Who knows.

All I can see now is a lot of hate, fear and ignorance out in the world, and certainly not just foreign. (that vid ^^^^ is scary)

Now, I am going to preface my next statement with a bit of info to (hopefully) forestall some of the backlash. By no means am I a Pacifist. I work in one of the top MMA gyms in the country. I am a card (and more) carrying NRA member. I have spent time in some seriously scary places internationally and domestically. I have both seen and inflicted violence upon others.

BUT, I don't agree with how so many people in the world respond to an insult/snub/prank/joke with immediate violence so often.

I understand that the atrocity in Libya may have been instigated by a select few, but it is sad when it is so easy for them to get the populace fired up like that.

Maybe it is my own ignorance or misunderstanding of the situation/scenario, but it all makes me somewhat sad...

Ok, I am done now.
I agree with this. But just to cherry-pick this part out
Quote:
...sad when it is so easy for them to get the populace fired up like that.
That can and does happen everywhere; Seattle riots of 1999, Vancouver riots of 1994 and 2011 (both of which were over something as trivial as a game). The list goes on, both here and around the world. Property damage, deaths, fear... Maybe someday the whole of the planet will smarten-up and start to mend some of the shit that's been going on from the beginning of time.

Frank

Old 09-12-2012, 06:35 PM   #37
Young Padawan
Quote:
I agree with this. But just to cherry-pick this part outThat can and does happen everywhere; Seattle riots of 1999, Vancouver riots of 1994 and 2011 (both of which were over something as trivial as a game). The list goes on, both here and around the world. Property damage, deaths, fear... Maybe someday the whole of the planet will smarten-up and start to mend some of the shit that's been going on from the beginning of time.

Frank
Individually they may be smart, but People are seriously retarded.

I was in caught in the London riots of.... 2001? or was it 2002?

EDIT.... I don;t even remember why people were rioting. Just that someone defaced Winston's statue (not cool at all) and they were all pushed back into Trafalgar square. I was escorted out because I had a handy dandy American accent and my passport on me. (I seriously was there by chance, it was weird)

Old 09-12-2012, 06:37 PM   #38
UBIQUE

Quote:
Individually they may be smart, but People are seriously retarded.
True
Quote:
I was in caught in the London riots of.... 2001? or was it 2002?
I think most cities are trying to have these as annual events now.

Frank

Old 09-12-2012, 06:43 PM   #39
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah we did for a while, Saddam was a little different story. But at the time we were worried about Soviet influence on that part of the world. We always gave Egypt more foreign aid than anyonen else, mostly to keep them from going after Israel and to be on "our" side. Now Mubarak is gone, even if they "elect" a democratic leader, they will have a hard time keeping the radicals in check. Libya will be the same way.

It is funny that muslims get pissed when they are depicted as being violent and extreme, and in protest they go out and kill and burn shit. This happenned in Denmark several yrs ago with a cartoonists.

Israel likes to strike first before they get too powerful or crazy, but we usually have a wait and see attitude. If I were Israel I'd go after Iran, they shouldn't give a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks. Obama should be backing them too.
What do you mean Saddam was a " different story " ? You guys backed him , and helped arm him

Old 09-12-2012, 06:43 PM   #40
Murdered X
05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: E-4,UH-1 Door Gunner
Name: Brett
05 X-Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by river rat 69 View Post
Any one else smell the shit coming?? I Hope the Jews pull the trigger on the sand gangsters soon. I think they have been wanting too for a long time,,, Can you guess WHO will have to help out on that one????? Bush was right on that one extent the Med. Sea too Viet Nam...6 to 12 nukes will do it Like it or not there is no stopping it now Jim
Agreed...

Closed Thread