LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Libya

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 06:51 PM   #41
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery

Old 09-12-2012, 07:10 PM   #42
Young Padawan
Jonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS: Was EMT Cert. for 2 years in CO.
Name: Spencer
Jonesn13's Tacoma Gallery
FYI, A friend sent this my way...

"Some Alternative Pictures to the Libya Situation"

http://imgur.com/a/tlCyI

Old 09-12-2012, 07:43 PM   #43
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
what i'd like to know is why in the hell are we not hearing stories about these people storming our embassies, killing our ambassador, gettting shot in the process.... don't we have marines stationed at these places?... whiskey tango foxtrot?

Old 09-12-2012, 07:50 PM   #44
Young Padawan
Jonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileyC View Post
what i'd like to know is why in the hell are we not hearing stories about these people storming our embassies, killing our ambassador, gettting shot in the process.... don't we have marines stationed at these places?... whiskey tango foxtrot?
Now there is a news story about how "Obama Rushed 50 Marines in to protect Americans"...... after it all happened..... Were they not there in the first place?

....You know there are some marines over there who are seriously pissed right now. That is their Turf that was violated.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:54 PM   #45
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesn13 View Post
Now there is a news story about how "Obama Rushed 50 Marines in to protect Americans"...... after it all happened..... Were they not there in the first place?

....You know there are some marines over there who are seriously pissed right now. That is their Turf that was violated.
were there any marines w/ live ammo at these places?... for god's sake, when you're being overrun, shoot the SOBs!

Old 09-12-2012, 07:56 PM   #46
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
What do you mean Saddam was a " different story " ? You guys backed him , and helped arm him
Yeah we helped him, gave him weapons to fight Iran....Which we also armed to fight against Iraq, which we then funneled that money to the Contras to fight the Sandanistas in Nicaragua. So a little bit of a different story.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:07 PM   #47
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
Yeah we helped him, gave him weapons to fight Iran....Which we also armed to fight against Iraq, which we then funneled that money to the Contras to fight the Sandanistas in Nicaragua. So a little bit of a different story.
not really , sounds like American forgein policy

Old 09-12-2012, 08:10 PM   #49
Young Padawan
Quote:

Hahahaha oh dear OZ....

Old 09-12-2012, 08:10 PM   #50
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Yeah yeah I know, we pretty much suck at this. we have a pretty short memory about some of the things we've done.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:11 PM   #51
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesn13 View Post
Hahahaha oh dear OZ....
wut ? I'm not making that up

Old 09-12-2012, 08:15 PM   #52
Got2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryder
Got2ryde's Tacoma Gallery
The war machine is very profitable. Hence Rummys smirck while sealing the deal in Oz's pic.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:15 PM   #53
Young Padawan
Quote:
wut ? I'm not making that up
Hahaha no. I just found it funny for some reason...

Old 09-12-2012, 08:38 PM   #54

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=Jonesn13;5683172]FYI, A friend sent this my way...

"Some Alternative Pictures to the Libya Situation"

http://imgur.com/a/tlCyI[/QUOTE]

I saw that too. I don't buy it. 1 sign being passed around by a few ppl. Some smoking in the background. Repeat ppl in different shots. This could have been taken in Arizona for all we know.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:39 PM   #55
Mikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant future

Name: Mike
Mikehole's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
were there any marines w/ live ammo at these places?... for god's sake, when you're being overrun, shoot the SOBs!
My understanding is that an RPG was shot at the embassy, starting a fire. Chris Stevens rushed to the burning area to help get people out. He succumbed to smoke inhalation.
It's foolish to take pot shots at symbols of America (an RPG to the embassy), and its extremely unfortunate that those pot shots ended up taking the life of someone who appeared to be genuinely trying to help them.

What makes this situation so difficult to grasp for me personally is that it is already difficult to differentiate the murderous thugs/religious fanatics from the regular working class stiffs in that region. Events like this make it very easy to lump them all together, even though I know they are not the same. There is as much difference in them as there is between myself and the westboro baptist church. Its very good to see the pictures in the link above to help bring me back to a place in the middle.

One more blurb... Its also unfortunate that the fanatics (who are a minority) are the ones that scream the loudest and have guns.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:56 PM   #56

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikehole View Post
My understanding is that an RPG was shot at the embassy, starting a fire. Chris Stevens rushed to the burning area to help get people out. He succumbed to smoke inhalation.
It's foolish to take pot shots at symbols of America (an RPG to the embassy), and its extremely unfortunate that those pot shots ended up taking the life of someone who appeared to be genuinely trying to help them.

What makes this situation so difficult to grasp for me personally is that it is already difficult to differentiate the murderous thugs/religious fanatics from the regular working class stiffs in that region. Events like this make it very easy to lump them all together, even though I know they are not the same. There is as much difference in them as there is between myself and the westboro baptist church. Its very good to see the pictures in the link above to help bring me back to a place in the middle.

One more blurb... Its also unfortunate that the fanatics (who are a minority) are the ones that scream the loudest and have guns.
apparently not so foolish... since we don't shoot back apparently...

we are the weakest we've ever been in that region since the peanut farmer...

...lookie here, it wasn't "pot shots" as you say, but more like a coordinated attack, egypt and libya:
http://wtop.com/215/3033617/Official...as-coordinated

Old 09-12-2012, 09:07 PM   #57
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Secret Squirell, Contract Completed
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
America IMO doesn't need another full scale military war, or an occupation of any kind. We HAVE to show that it will not be tolerated on another hand.

I am sure our Special Operations guys will be able to take care of this (if they already haven't)

I would deploy a sizable marine contingent to the embassy (including tanks)
Stop accepting any and all visas from that country (for security purposes at the embassy compound)
Only allow foreign diplomats and US Citizens entry
Block them from any naval ventures including trade.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:15 PM   #58

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.sight.picture View Post
America IMO doesn't need another full scale military war, or an occupation of any kind. We HAVE to show that it will not be tolerated on another hand.

I am sure our Special Operations guys will be able to take care of this (if they already haven't)

I would deploy a sizable marine contingent to the embassy (including tanks)
Stop accepting any and all visas from that country (for security purposes at the embassy compound)
Only allow foreign diplomats and US Citizens entry
Block them from any naval ventures including trade.
..and cut off ALL foreign aid to them...

...but, reality bites, ...as i'm sure you've read our "embassy" issued a statement of blithering cowardice, basically apologizing that some film hurt their feelings.... we've bent over, and are grabbing ankles...

me?... i want to see attackers getting taken out...

Old 09-12-2012, 09:20 PM   #59
Love me some tacos!!!!
Fred1524 is a jewel in the roughFred1524 is a jewel in the roughFred1524 is a jewel in the roughFred1524 is a jewel in the rough

Marines: Cpl. 2nd BN. 4th Mar
Name: Fred
Fred1524's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Of course the Marines that guard embassies have live ammo. No Marine stands guard anywhere without live rounds unless its "firewatch" back in garrison. Marine Security Guards main mission is to protect the grounds until breached, then their mission turns to immediate extraction and destruction of secret documents. They are not there to stay and fight. Im sure there was was plenty of shootng that was done but those details wont come out until our government is done with its investigation.

President Obama did send 50 or so FAST Co. Marines to reinforce the embassy grounds and maybe some other consulates in the region but that I'm not sure of. It will take a while before we find those responsible unfortunately. I hope everyone here understands that Libya and the majority of its people are grateful of our support and are furious as we are about this well-organized attack.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:25 PM   #60

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred1524 View Post
Of course the Marines that guard embassies have live ammo. No Marine stands guard anywhere without live rounds unless its "firewatch" back in garrison. Marine Security Guards main mission is to protect the grounds until breached, then their mission turns to immediate extraction and destruction of secret documents. They are not there to stay and fight. Im sure there was was plenty of shootng that was done but those details wont come out until our government is done with its investigation.

President Obama did send 50 or so FAST Co. Marines to reinforce the embassy grounds and maybe some other consulates in the region but that I'm not sure of. It will take a while before we find those responsible unfortunately. I hope everyone here understands that Libya and the majority of its people are grateful of our support and are furious as we are about this well-organized attack.
i have yet to see anything reported about any of the thugs so much as twisting their ankle, let alone reports of shots being fired at them... the thugs who scaled the embassy wall (cairo) and tore down an american flag didn't get resistance...

Closed Thread