Few tips for basic (since I was in rercruiting I'd always get feedback from my people I sent in to help out the next guy/girl):
1. Know your reporting statement: Sir/Ma'am, Trainee (your last name) reports as ordered. Just knowing that statement will help in the first couple of days.
2. Tell your family NOT to send food. They'll make you trash it or eat it all. Can't "store" food while you're in basic.
3. If you have a girlfriend tell her NOT to send any "questionable" pics.
4. Shave the morning you leave for basic. They'll make you shave when you first get there so you don't want to try shaving off a beard while the MTI's are yelling at everyone to hurry up.
5. The first few days won't be fun and you may wonder why you did it in the first place. There will be 35-40 guys with you that will be wondering the same thing so don't sweat it. Once you get in the routine you'll be good to go.
6. Remember the MTI's are there to teach/instruct you although it may seem like they're there to torture you..ha,ha... At the end of the day they go back to their family like anyone else. Keep that in mind.