Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

The latest sea trials: F-35B on the USS Wasp

Old 09-25-2012, 08:18 PM   #1
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
The latest sea trials: F-35B on the USS Wasp

Absolutely beautiful.

This video link is fresh (for the public). It was made just six weeks ago in the Atlantic, just off Newport News (Hampton Roads), Virginia.
These are the latest sea trials of the F-35B on the USS Wasp. They were very successful, with 74 VL's and STO's in a three week period. The aircraft is also stealth, and super-sonic.

The media and the program critics had predicted that we would burn holes in the deck and wash sailors overboard.

Neither of which happened. You will notice a sailor standing on the bow of the ship as the jet rotates.

That was an intentional part of the sea trials.
No catapult... No hook.... It’s a new world out there!
The shape and scope of warfare – worldwide – just changed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=Ki86x1WKPmE
Old 09-25-2012, 08:30 PM   #3
GP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
Great video, but it looks like it was uplaoded almost a year ago.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:44 PM   #5
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP3 View Post
Great video, but it looks like it was uplaoded almost a year ago.
I just got this in an email recently. I had to share.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:21 PM   #6
GP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by genxer36 View Post
I just got this in an email recently. I had to share.
I'm glad you did. It's worth watching a few times. Awesome plane. I hope they continue to work the 'kinks' out. The F35C has had it's fair share of problems too.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:34 PM   #8
SpacemanSpiff02 is on a distinguished road

SpacemanSpiff02's Tacoma Gallery
I watched a nova episode about this plane a few years back. Awesome plane. Only downside I really notice is lots of moving parts...
Old 09-25-2012, 09:38 PM   #10
Lord of Tomfoolery

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
looks expensive
Says the dude from Canada! haha

Ass kickin weaponary isn't cheap!
Old 09-25-2012, 09:39 PM   #11
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by genxer36 View Post
Says the dude from Canada!
I don't think we are buying the VTOL ones
Old 09-25-2012, 10:06 PM   #12

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You may not be buying any of them. I don't have the link handy, but it's recent news.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:10 PM   #13
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP3 View Post
You may not be buying any of them. I don't have the link handy, but it's recent news.
It's actually old news here , but I think we will commit to some , but not the original 65 we were going to buy

Here's a fairly recent story

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle4098668/
Old 09-28-2012, 09:59 PM   #14
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
God I almost came,,,,,What a fast mover!!!
Old 09-29-2012, 06:10 AM   #15
Idaho is on a distinguished road
Army:
Idaho's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, the carrier variation of the F35 series JSF is a pretty bad-ass technology. However I'm not sure I agree with the sharing of the robust technology thrown into this series of planes. It seems ridiculous to share this amount of technology with so many countries and allow them to order the planes as well for themselves.

Some of the countries don't even make sense. Norway..? Really? Israel..? Is that really the best move with tensions with Iran becoming even more heated in recent months?

I guess i'm just being a ultra-conservative when it comes to sharing military technology being I really like being #1 in the world in military technology.

Thank God there is an export ban on the F22 Raptor.... for now
Old 09-29-2012, 07:07 AM   #16
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know how the payload differs from an AV8 or F/18?

I have a feeling this program will get axed the way of the F22. It's already way over budget and on the AF side it's not really capable of what it's suppose to replace. There will probaly be a few squadrons until they find somethign better to replace it with, and whereever Senators will get the most votes.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:15 AM   #17
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Canada has a military?
Old 09-29-2012, 07:59 AM   #18

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dually View Post
Canada has a military?
Wow , amazingly original
Old 09-29-2012, 08:06 AM   #19
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Why would you guys need to buy any? IIRC, There's pretty much nobody on this rok that wants to invade you guys......maybe penguins.....or ice cubes.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:16 AM   #20

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Why would you guys need to buy any? IIRC, There's pretty much nobody on this rok that wants to invade you guys......maybe penguins.....or ice cubes.
Replacing our F-18's