Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Trying to join Coast Guard, have question

Old 09-26-2012, 03:19 PM   #1
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clayton
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
Trying to join Coast Guard, have question

I'm in the process of applying for the Coast Guard. A couple years ago I was arrested for misdemeanor charges, and was supposed to have that expunged off of my record. When I went to my lawyer for the papers to prove that, he says that the expungement never happened, and it may take up to 6 months. Does anybody know if there is a way around this? Some type of letter from a lawyer or judge that I am in the process of getting it expunged? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:48 PM   #2
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
It'll be tough to get in with ANYTHING in your past these days.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:52 PM   #3
DILIGAF
06sr5prerunner is a glorious beacon of light06sr5prerunner is a glorious beacon of light06sr5prerunner is a glorious beacon of light06sr5prerunner is a glorious beacon of light06sr5prerunner is a glorious beacon of light

Name: luis
06sr5prerunner's Tacoma Gallery
when you get something spunged it will come off most background checks however a federal goverment check will show everything from any kind of deffered or "spunged" dispositions.

i know they say that it wont show up and all that but trust me when i say they will know. and they will prob cx you. :/
Old 09-26-2012, 05:54 PM   #4
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeRunner View Post
It'll be tough to get in with ANYTHING in your past these days.
Dang, not exactly what I wanted to hear They seemed pretty concerned with my ACL surgery as well
Old 09-26-2012, 05:56 PM   #5
Say no to Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06sr5prerunner View Post
when you get something spunged it will come off most background checks however a federal goverment check will show everything from any kind of deffered or "spunged" dispositions.

i know they say that it wont show up and all that but trust me when i say they will know. and they will prob cx you. :/
I've already told them about it, so I'm not trying to hide it. The recruiter didn't say it would automatically disqualify me, but it sounds like it might.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:08 PM   #6
DILIGAF
06sr5prerunner is a glorious beacon of light06sr5prerunner is a glorious beacon of light06sr5prerunner is a glorious beacon of light06sr5prerunner is a glorious beacon of light06sr5prerunner is a glorious beacon of light

Name: luis
06sr5prerunner's Tacoma Gallery
it does not cancel you out but it depends what it is though. if its a misdemeanor you should be ok but anything else just go army strong :b
Old 09-26-2012, 06:20 PM   #7
StormTrooper
757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future

Coast Guard: BM3 - Station New Haven, CT
Name: Tyler
757 Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I just enlisted in the cg and my ship date is November 20. Honestly, it is extremely hard to get in right now. They're going to look for anything and everything to push you to the side. At my recruiting station, they're taking 34 recruits for October 2012 to October 2013. This station covers all of SE Virginia and NE North Carolina. And not to brag, I did very well on my ASVAB and just graduated from HS with honors. Not saying you have no chance just that its very competitive. Also there going to ask you about your past several times including in your security clearance. Hope this helps man, Best of luck man!
Old 09-26-2012, 06:23 PM   #8
Say no to Bro

Congrats Tyler! I've taken the ASVAB for the Air Force and did really well, then decided I didn't want to join. I've since graduated from college and the job hunt isn't going so well, which is why I decided to try and join. Thanks for the comments guys