Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Problems readjusting after deployment

Old 10-22-2012, 05:52 PM   #41
02trdpretaco is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
02trdpretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Detective Dan. However, I give 19 years in the Air Force and a lot of good supervisors along the way credit for the knowledge I have. It doesn't matter what rank, job, or age you are. Each person can have a positive impact on others. When one of your teammates is struggling you pick them up and press on with business as a team. Genuine caring is what it's all about.

I notice you're at Holloman. I spent 4 years at Cannon. I appreciate your service and I'm glad we're on the same team!!
Old 10-22-2012, 10:23 PM   #42
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSgt - A.G.E. Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02trdpretaco View Post
Thanks Detective Dan. However, I give 19 years in the Air Force and a lot of good supervisors along the way credit for the knowledge I have. It doesn't matter what rank, job, or age you are. Each person can have a positive impact on others. When one of your teammates is struggling you pick them up and press on with business as a team. Genuine caring is what it's all about.

I notice you're at Holloman. I spent 4 years at Cannon. I appreciate your service and I'm glad we're on the same team!!
Same to you sir
Old 11-15-2012, 04:31 PM   #43
zoomie is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
zoomie's Tacoma Gallery
Hey 11b.......where are ya' man ?
Old 11-20-2012, 07:08 PM   #44
Infantry11b is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfantry11b is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfantry11b is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfantry11b is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfantry11b is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfantry11b is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfantry11b is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfantry11b is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfantry11b is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfantry11b is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfantry11b is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Former Active Duty 10th Mtn Div. now Army National Guard HHC 2/108 Infantry
Infantry11b's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomie View Post
Hey 11b.......where are ya' man ?
I'm around man. Thanks for checking in.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:12 PM   #45
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Good to hear you're still alive man
Old 11-26-2012, 03:08 AM   #46
Air Force:
zoomie's Tacoma Gallery
Hey 11b , How was Thanksgiving ? Have you looked into some of the programs the V.A. has to offer? Hope that things are going well with you and yours. I think I put on a couple of pounds and intend to put on a few more before the turkey is finally gone. I can't wait for Christmas. Later...............
Old 01-01-2013, 01:17 AM   #47
Air Force:
zoomie's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah ,I know , this got sidetracked and off topic but...wtf........ Hope you are ok.............a lot of us went through the same thing. So hang in there , every thing will get better over time. Once in the brotherhood-Always in the brotherhood , even if you are a civilian again. Wishing you a Happy New Year.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:53 AM   #48
Lazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Lazylegs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazylegs
11B ,

I thought I would inquire as to how your feeling these days?
I was thinking about you. Hoping that you are adjusting a little
better! Keep your head up Brother..

Craig
Old 01-05-2013, 06:00 PM   #49
NvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Jeff
NvrSumR's Tacoma Gallery
Hope things are getting better 11B. You're not alone, don't forget that.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:23 PM   #50
Lazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Lazylegs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazylegs
Just drooping in to see how you are doing? Hope things have got back to somewhat normal routine for you..

Craig
Old 02-04-2013, 09:00 AM   #51
I'll be your huckleberry!
Millertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Iraq vet
Name: David
Millertime187's Tacoma Gallery
Man all I think about is going back? Why? I have no idea cause I know I don't wanna go....

I think this is a good thread for all vets. It really shows that I'm not alone. We all seen stuff and done things 99% of the population will never see.

My first deployment(04) all we done was drive drive drive. Convoy after convoy all over Bagdad. I bet I could go back there in a car and drive around like I was a local. No need for details but I am thankful I made it home in one piece. Some people don't. I try to look at it that way.

We all lived in conditions that most people would think "yea right", take a whore bath(baby wipes) "no way"

But to all my fellow vets, just keep your head high and remember you have been threw worse. It will come out in the end.

Miller
Old 06-20-2014, 06:00 PM   #52
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Nirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Snipe
Name: Kris
Nirvana's Tacoma Gallery
Just wanted to bump this since there's a lot of good info. Just hit 7 months back stateside and really feeling the pressure of everything, never thought it would be me and I don't feel like I can connect with a lot of you guys for a variety of reasons which in some ways makes it harder I guess.

Everyone take care, it's definitely a process and a long one at that.
Old 06-20-2014, 06:47 PM   #53
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Check out team red white and blue. Its a really great group.

http://teamrwb.org/
Old 09-29-2014, 10:01 PM   #54
Rsamani is on a distinguished road
Navy: SCPO USN (ret)
Rsamani's Tacoma Gallery
Stumbled on this thread. been to years out after 23 yrs in . still a work in progress some days are good and some days are bad but definitely getting better.. The Tacoma was one of my stress reliever.

keep on stroking, a day at a time.
Old 10-01-2014, 03:25 PM   #55
Don5352 is on a distinguished road

Navy: Special Boat, Senior Chief, ST 18
Name: Don
Don5352's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsamani View Post
Stumbled on this thread. been to years out after 23 yrs in . still a work in progress some days are good and some days are bad but definitely getting better.. The Tacoma was one of my stress reliever.

keep on stroking, a day at a time.
That's the ticket, shipmate. I deployed to Afghanistan last year. It's all good. Had a great woman at home who took care of everything while I was gone, and welcomed me home enthusiastically. Lotta guys on the site who are well versed so take advantage of their experiences.

Senior Chief Don