Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Coast Guard Rescues 14 off Cape Hatteras

Old 10-29-2012, 07:27 AM   #1
Racer X will become famous soon enough
Firefighter:
Racer X's Tacoma Gallery
Coast Guard Rescues 14 off Cape Hatteras

The replica ship HMS Bounty went down 90 miles off Cape Hatteras this morning. There were 16 crew members on board, the Coast Guard has rescued 14, 2 still missing. I imagine it was a pretty tough rescue in terrible conditions. 20+ seas, 40+ mile per hour winds.

Hats off to all the Coast Guard out there, you do a great job!

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/c...6#.UI6Oq45uK24
Old 10-29-2012, 07:28 AM   #2
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
woot for coasties
Old 10-29-2012, 07:29 AM   #3
SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BURRY
EL TACOROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to EL TACOROJO
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
woot for coasties
X100 good job guys
Old 10-29-2012, 07:36 AM   #5
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Way to go Coasties, you guys are the best!
Old 10-30-2012, 05:41 AM   #7
2011tacoma4x4 is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: 152 nd intelligence squadron
Name: Antonio
2011tacoma4x4's Tacoma Gallery
First time my mission was fail to rescue this lady. refuel and go out again.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:00 AM   #8
Racer X will become famous soon enough
Firefighter:
Racer X's Tacoma Gallery
Great work 2011tacoma4x4, you guy saved 14 under more than tough conditions.

Thanks again!

Here is a link that has some good footage.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:44 PM   #9
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Now I understand why my buddy was posting pics of this boat from his cell.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:46 PM   #10
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Coasties are hands the most badass mofo's on the water.

<---prior coastie

Old 10-30-2012, 10:19 PM   #11
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brian's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
Coasties are hands down the most badass mofo's in the air.

<---prior coastie

FIFY

I have video to prove it... well sorta. You'd have to take my word for somethin
Old 10-30-2012, 10:33 PM   #12
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
FIFY

I have video to prove it... well sorta. You'd have to take my word for somethin
If you post The Guardian footage, I'm going to you. I'm a BM, so Badass mofo's on the WATER.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:40 PM   #13
Bah Humshit!

brian's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If you post The Guardian footage, I'm going to you. I'm a BM, so Badass mofo's on the WATER.

Oh screw that. I really wish they could have picked someone OTHER than Kutcher. On the other hand though, Costner made sure we had plenty of food when they were filming in Astoria with us I'll post my vid in another thread.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:43 PM   #14

Law Enforcement:
Yea, Kutcher was a bad choice....
Old 10-31-2012, 01:53 AM   #15
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yea, Kutcher was a bad choice....
.... he is always a bad choice.

I'm looking forward to the investigation into why the Bounty put to sea in the first place. Seems to me it was reckless or ego to venture into the Atlantic with a 1000 km storm racing toward shore. Sad loss of life. Props to the USCG for minimizing that.

Frank
Old 10-31-2012, 03:58 AM   #16
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Logan View Post

I'm looking forward to the investigation into why the Bounty put to sea in the first place. Seems to me it was reckless or ego to venture into the Atlantic with a 1000 km storm racing toward shore. Sad loss of life. Props to the USCG for minimizing that.

Frank
Big ships are better off on the water...At the pier, the storm surge pushes them up on the pier and risks even greater property damage. They were in the less dangerous side of the storm from what I can tell...but they didn't leave early enough or run far enough.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:31 AM   #17
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Sad day,Two more for Davy Jones locker + the loss of a tall ship, Thanks USCG for keeping it to that.. Jim
Old 11-01-2012, 01:41 PM   #18
.<>./
capetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

capetaco12's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Logan View Post

Frank
Skip to 10:47
http://youtu.be/BNDneMuO7-U

Bad bad bad. The captain clearly couldn't even count to potatoe.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:46 PM   #19

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by capetaco12 View Post
Skip to 10:47
http://youtu.be/BNDneMuO7-U

Bad bad bad. The captain clearly couldn't even count to potatoe.
Wut...