Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Army ROTC Branching

Old 10-29-2012, 12:00 PM   #1
JTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Flight School
Name: JT
JTaco386's Tacoma Gallery
Army ROTC Branching

Any members here in Army ROTC? Im currently in the green to gold active duty program and we recieved our branches on the 25th. Just wondering if anyone is in the same boat, if so, what did you recieve?

BTW...I branched Aviation
Can't wait for flight school and to pursue my dreams!!
Old 10-29-2012, 07:21 PM   #2
soldierguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoldierguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoldierguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoldierguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoldierguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoldierguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoldierguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoldierguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoldierguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoldierguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoldierguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
soldierguy's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats! I did green to gold and ROTC a loooooong time ago, and I think it was about the smartest thing I ever did.

I'm at the other end of the career...I'm retiring April 1st 2013!
Old 10-29-2012, 07:28 PM   #3
JTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldierguy View Post
Congrats! I did green to gold and ROTC a loooooong time ago, and I think it was about the smartest thing I ever did.

I'm at the other end of the career...I'm retiring April 1st 2013!
Nice! Congrats on your retirement...how many years do you have in? I have 8 years and counting now, this program is awesome and a good break from being on line everyday.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:49 AM   #4
soldierguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoldierguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoldierguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoldierguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoldierguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoldierguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoldierguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoldierguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoldierguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoldierguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoldierguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
soldierguy's Tacoma Gallery
22 years in. I was going to retire at 20 years, but had the opportunity to be a security forces assistance team leader in Afghanistan, so I jumped on that and delayed the retirement. I loved doing it...I really like working with foreign militaries, and there is nothing better than leading Soldiers while deployed. If it had been a job on a FOB, I would have passed...I much prefer staying as far away from FOBs as possible. And where I was at in Afghanistan...well...you can't get much further away from a FOB than where my team and I were.

But I got back from Afghanistan a few months ago, and now I'm just trying to get all my medical issues that have developed over the last 22 years sorted out before I move on.

And congrats on Aviation!
Old 10-31-2012, 05:32 PM   #5
Devious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: COL, USA (Ret.)
Name: Mark
Devious6's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on the branching...and on retirement!! You both are getting what you want!!

I was an ROTC DMG and went in as an RA FA officer. Branch trransferred after 13 years and spent 26 years on active duty. Retired at the end of 2003.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:14 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldierguy View Post
22 years in. I was going to retire at 20 years, but had the opportunity to be a security forces assistance team leader in Afghanistan, so I jumped on that and delayed the retirement. I loved doing it...I really like working with foreign militaries, and there is nothing better than leading Soldiers while deployed. If it had been a job on a FOB, I would have passed...I much prefer staying as far away from FOBs as possible. And where I was at in Afghanistan...well...you can't get much further away from a FOB than where my team and I were.

But I got back from Afghanistan a few months ago, and now I'm just trying to get all my medical issues that have developed over the last 22 years sorted out before I move on.

And congrats on Aviation!
Thanks!! Sounds like you had a decent time in afghan land, I bet it feels Nice to have that retirement packet in. I have 12 years to go if I get out at 20.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:16 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devious6 View Post
Congrats on the branching...and on retirement!! You both are getting what you want!!

I was an ROTC DMG and went in as an RA FA officer. Branch trransferred after 13 years and spent 26 years on active duty. Retired at the end of 2003.
Thanks! I got DMG as well. I got the top 6% in the nation so I was guaranteed branch as long as I was qualified. Wow! 26 years, that's a long time. I'm sure it was worth it though, especially the pension.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:21 PM   #8
egan is a name known to allegan is a name known to allegan is a name known to allegan is a name known to allegan is a name known to allegan is a name known to all

Name: Brian
egan's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in ROTC down in Mobile at South Alabama. I wanted to go Aviation, but I failed the vision portion of the physical.

My second choice was ADA, which I received. I also got the Grad school ADSO, so I'm pretty happy about that.

Congrats on coming to Rucker! It should be fun. I have quite a few friends that went aviation and they seem to love it.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:24 PM   #9
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
I'm ROTC at manoa... for awhile anyways, my DODMERB waiver got denied... seeing what the Guard can do now
butttttttt
Congrats on aviation! Heard that's a bitch to get...you mustve been sitting pretty in the OML
all the IV's are getting their branches, makin me jelly
Old 10-31-2012, 07:27 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by egan View Post
I'm in ROTC down in Mobile at South Alabama. I wanted to go Aviation, but I failed the vision portion of the physical.

My second choice was ADA, which I received. I also got the Grad school ADSO, so I'm pretty happy about that.

Congrats on coming to Rucker! It should be fun. I have quite a few friends that went aviation and they seem to love it.
That flight physical is no joke!! I was a 14T prior to getting the green to gold scholarship. ADA has great deployment locations and its a different "Army" just be ready for a lot of non mission related tasks and go in everyday with a positive attitude. You'll be coming to fort sill for your BOLC, just make the best of what you have here, people give it bad reps a lot but its not too bad of a place.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:29 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
I'm ROTC at manoa... for awhile anyways, my DODMERB waiver got denied... seeing what the Guard can do now
butttttttt
Congrats on aviation! Heard that's a bitch to get...you mustve been sitting pretty in the OML
all the IV's are getting their branches, makin me jelly
Just keep your head up and hopefully things will fall into place for you. I did good on the OML, I got 214 out 5580 or whatever the number was. I'm ready to go to flight school and begin the next chapter of my career.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:31 PM   #12
egan is a name known to allegan is a name known to allegan is a name known to allegan is a name known to allegan is a name known to allegan is a name known to all

egan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTaco386 View Post
That flight physical is no joke!! I was a 14T prior to getting the green to gold scholarship. ADA has great deployment locations and its a different "Army" just be ready for a lot of non mission related tasks and go in everyday with a positive attitude. You'll be coming to fort sill for your BOLC, just make the best of what you have here, people give it bad reps a lot but its not too bad of a place.
Yeah I've heard it's a bit different and some have told me to go a different direction but I think I will like it. I have done a good bit of research on it and hopefully I made a good decision

On another note, I also volunteered to go back to LDAC as Cadre. Maybe it will be more fun this time around
Old 10-31-2012, 07:41 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by egan View Post
Yeah I've heard it's a bit different and some have told me to go a different direction but I think I will like it. I have done a good bit of research on it and hopefully I made a good decision

On another note, I also volunteered to go back to LDAC as Cadre. Maybe it will be more fun this time around
You'll be fine...there's a lot of different career Paths you can take once you finish your command time.
They wouldn't let me go to LDAC as a TAC since I'm ADO. But that's fine, I'm ready to get back on the grind. What regiment were you?
Old 10-31-2012, 08:33 PM   #14

egan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTaco386 View Post
You'll be fine...there's a lot of different career Paths you can take once you finish your command time.
They wouldn't let me go to LDAC as a TAC since I'm ADO. But that's fine, I'm ready to get back on the grind. What regiment were you?
Ok cool.
I was 11 Reg, B Troop, 3 Platoon.