Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Veterans BS thread.

Old 12-01-2012, 11:55 PM   #121
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
@68" tall I weighed 168 at my peak just before deployment, came back at 148 haha grunts are always scrawny
not entirely true. My brother was a grunt, went over at 210, came back 225.

I wasnt a grunt but my mission was supporting them with humint while out and about in their ao. I was an MI guy, but more of a grunt MI guy...I even carried a saw
Old 12-02-2012, 12:03 AM   #122
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
Guess ill sub this
Old 12-02-2012, 02:07 AM   #123
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
I was debating with a friend of mine of the top ten "war" movies.

So, I think I will ask you guys to listm as well, Not in any specific order btw

1. Act of Valor
2. Band of Brothers
3. Blawk Hawk down
4.Apocalypse Now
5. We were soldiers
6. the big red one
7.the dirty dozen
8.The Patriot
9.The dirty dozen
10. Platoon
Old 12-02-2012, 09:01 AM   #124
tacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, Cutterman
Name: Tom
tacomathom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.sight.picture View Post

1. Act of Valor
2. Band of Brothers
3. Blawk Hawk down
4.Apocalypse Now
5. We were soldiers
6. the big red one
7.the dirty dozen
8.The Patriot
9.The dirty dozen
10. Platoon
No Saving Private Ryan?
Old 12-02-2012, 02:18 PM   #125
.45%er

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomathom View Post
No Saving Private Ryan?
its not in my top ten seen it too many times i guess
Old 12-02-2012, 03:20 PM   #126
Pavement Princess
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
@68" tall I weighed 168 at my peak just before deployment, came back at 148 haha grunts are always scrawny
Special Forces seem to usually be smaller too. I met quite a few Rangers at Ft.Riley and all of them were way smaller than me.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:22 PM   #127
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warputer View Post
Special Forces seem to usually be smaller too. I met quite a few Rangers at Ft.Riley and all of them were way smaller than me.
Couple buds in Marsoc and sniper and none of them are big. Look like everyday guys, until something goes down haha
Old 12-02-2012, 03:45 PM   #128
H.O.G Hunter Of Gunman
82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3/1 infantry sniper plt reach out and touch someone
Name: BUBBA
82 yotaman's Tacoma Gallery
I was a h.o.g and I was 6' 190lbs in my time in but i could do a 290 pft
Old 12-02-2012, 04:10 PM   #129
Pavement Princess
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

1. Act of Valor - Pretty good
2. Band of Brothers - Never seen it
3. Blawk Hawk down - Kick ass movie!
4.Apocalypse Now - Drawn out movie but a few great parts
5. We were soldiers - Pretty good
6. the big red one - Never seen it
7.the dirty dozen - Good for the time period
8.The Patriot - one of my fav's!
9.The dirty dozen
10. Platoon - Great movie!
Not really military but Red Dawn was a favorite of mine....along with Full Metal Jacket.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:19 PM   #130
.45%er

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warputer View Post
steroid usage is rampant nowadays in the sf community
Old 12-03-2012, 03:51 PM   #131
When Hell Freezes Over I'll Ski There Too
Pchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Aviation Machinist Mate
Name: Rob I
Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

1. Act of Valor OK, horrible acting
2. Band of Brothers Awesome
3. Blawk Hawk down Awesome
4.Apocalypse Now Meh
5. We were soldiers Great
6. the big red one Havent seen it
7.the dirty dozen Great for the era of when it was made
8.The Patriot Awesome
9.The dirty dozen Already on here see #7
10. Platoon Deff in the top 2 spots best ever

11. Saving Private Ryan Awesome, they put you in the war in this one.
Answers above
Old 12-05-2012, 06:06 PM   #132
soldierguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoldierguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoldierguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoldierguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoldierguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoldierguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoldierguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoldierguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoldierguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoldierguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoldierguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
soldierguy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

1. Act of Valor
2. Band of Brothers
3. Blawk Hawk down
4.Apocalypse Now
5. We were soldiers
6. the big red one
7.the dirty dozen
8.The Patriot
9.The dirty dozen
10. Platoon
I'm stunned that Restrepo is not on your list. Restrepo is by far the BEST at getting the perspective of the soldier. It's a documentary, but still outshines any hollywood effort at portraying combat. If you haven't seen it, stop what you're doing and order/download it. Absolutely amazing.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:16 PM   #133
Pavement Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldierguy View Post
I'm stunned that Restrepo is not on your list. Restrepo is by far the BEST at getting the perspective of the soldier. It's a documentary, but still outshines any hollywood effort at portraying combat. If you haven't seen it, stop what you're doing and order/download it. Absolutely amazing.
Just added it to the Netflix account....I'll check it out if I ever get a day off.