1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Veteran Work-Place Rights Help

Discussion in 'Military' started by tomcat91783, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Dec 13, 2012 at 8:37 PM
    tomcat91783

tomcat91783 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner Short Bed
    Blacked-Out Headlights & Fog Lights, LED's on side markers, turn signals, and brake lights, Hyper White's on Head lights and Fog lights, Rollbak Tonneau Cover, Weathertech Window Guards-Hood Deflector, Running Boards, LED Bed Lights
    I have problem with my employer, I'm a nurse who works 12-hr shifts with mandatory every-other-weekends. I'm also a soldier with the CA guard, this coming January my drill weekend falls on a weekend I'm scheduled to work at the hospital. My employer has honored to give me that weekend off but they are forcing me to work 2 weekends in a row because of my absence due to drill. From my perspective they don't care that I need time off for my personal life on a weekend and have disregarded the fact that I work for the government on my drill weekends. Can anyone help?

2. Dec 13, 2012 at 8:41 PM
    Ben83

Ben83 I am faster than 80% of all snakes.

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Central Virginia
    Vehicle:
    12 MGM TRD Sport DCSB
    Extang Solid Fold Seat Covers Trimmed the mudflaps. Husky Liners
    If they are giving you the time away from work to be at drill I don't think you have much of an argument. I think this is one of those "suck it up and move on" moments. My two cents.

3. Dec 14, 2012 at 3:26 PM
    BUZZCUT

BUZZCUT Well-Known Member

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD OFFROAD 4x4
    I think you are out of luck in this. They are accommodating your drill weekend. While it sucks just keep on trucking. I'm sure that isn't what you wanted to hear but.....

4. Dec 14, 2012 at 3:31 PM
    4x4Taco2012

4x4Taco2012 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Huntingdon Valley, PA
    Vehicle:
    2022 DCSB Limited 4x4
    TRD lift, TRD SEMA wheels, TRD skid plate, TRD Pro fog lights, TRD Heritage Grill, OEM bed cover, LT275/70/17 Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws, OEM bed lights, OEM all weather floor mats, OEM door skid plates, OEM mud guards, OEM bed mat, Black lug nuts
    ^ This. I'm sure that's not what you want to hear, but they are accommodating you on your drill weekend. Thanks for your service.

Products Discussed in

To Top