1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I have a question

Discussion in 'Military' started by MIAtaco, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Jan 11, 2013 at 2:40 PM
    MIAtaco

MIAtaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Miami FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 tacoma base lifted
    2.75" front lift 2.5" rear, pro comp es3000 rear shocks w/ orange shock boots, custom exhaust, k&n cold air intake, 20" led light bar behind grill, aftermarket grill, T-rex3 eyelids, pioneer HD radio
    I am about to get my acl replaced in my right knee, will this disqualify me from enlisting? Trying to join the marine corps. Any info is greatly appreciated

2. Jan 11, 2013 at 2:44 PM
    82 yotaman

82 yotaman H.O.G Hunter Of Gunman

Member:
    First Name:
    BUBBA
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    1982 toyta pickup/2013 toy MGM dcab 4x4 trd
    avs bugshield, avs inchannel vent visors, weather techs, trd shift knob, tailgate theft mod, windows tinted to 20%, wet okole front and back and black level 8 guardians wrapped in 265/75/R16 Duratracs oil catch can mod interior LED's, pop & lock pl5500, Leer 180 topper, OME full lift with Arb bullbar
    Yeah bro unfortunatly if you have prior leg knee problems they will disqualify you and yes a doc checks you head to toe looking you over before you enlist sorry man

3. Jan 11, 2013 at 2:45 PM
    MIAtaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Miami FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 tacoma base lifted
    2.75" front lift 2.5" rear, pro comp es3000 rear shocks w/ orange shock boots, custom exhaust, k&n cold air intake, 20" led light bar behind grill, aftermarket grill, T-rex3 eyelids, pioneer HD radio
    Even if I have letter saying I'm fine?

4. Jan 11, 2013 at 2:47 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Not automatically. You'll need to get healthy and a clean bill of health, but it's not a disqualification. Might make it even more challenging tho...Harder and harder to get in right now due to the budget, so the extra work to get to 100% healthy won't help....but good luck man!!!

5. Jan 11, 2013 at 2:49 PM
    82 yotaman

82 yotaman H.O.G Hunter Of Gunman

Member:
    First Name:
    BUBBA
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    1982 toyta pickup/2013 toy MGM dcab 4x4 trd
    avs bugshield, avs inchannel vent visors, weather techs, trd shift knob, tailgate theft mod, windows tinted to 20%, wet okole front and back and black level 8 guardians wrapped in 265/75/R16 Duratracs oil catch can mod interior LED's, pop & lock pl5500, Leer 180 topper, OME full lift with Arb bullbar
    yes but it might depend on the doc but just telling you most of the failures in bootcamp that don't make it are from leg and knee problems bootcamp is a bitch to your knees trust me I know. get healty and try atlest try to get in whats the worse they say no hope you get to join the brotherhood it's one hell of a ride

6. Jan 11, 2013 at 2:55 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Life is a bitch on your knees and tons of athletes and labor type workers have rebuild joints and live significantly productive lives without issue. It's NOT disqualifying automatically....but like I said-It'll make life harder, and it won't be an excuse for lack of performance..but he can still give it a shot.

7. Jan 11, 2013 at 3:26 PM
    MIAtaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Miami FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 tacoma base lifted
    Thanks, I would do anything to join the corps like my uncle did. The doctor isn't even convinced its torn even though the MRI is clear. I'm going to everything I can to get better. I just hope I'll be able to enlist when the time comes

8. Jan 11, 2013 at 3:54 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Looking the unofficial stuff I have - Appears you need a year from the surgery before you are eligible,and then you need the clean bill of health.

Good luck man,,.I hope it's minor and doesn't give you problems!!!

9. Jan 11, 2013 at 4:59 PM
    MIAtaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Miami FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 tacoma base lifted
    Well I usually heal really quickly so hopefully this follows suit. And if your info is correct then next February will be the earliest for me. Thanks you guys the recruiters down here don't answer the phone too often

10. Jan 11, 2013 at 5:01 PM
    ntilehman

ntilehman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner Off Road
    Rock Sliders Front Light Bar +1.5" Front Arms with Ext. Kings
    There are waivers for everything in the military. Plenty of people get in that have had prior injuries or are just to stupid to pass the ASVAB. If you can perform you can join simple as that.

11. Jan 11, 2013 at 6:15 PM
    MIAtaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Miami FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 tacoma base lifted
    Well that's good news, how hard is it to get the waiver? I've heard recruiters don't like to do the paperwork.

12. Jan 11, 2013 at 6:26 PM
    ntilehman

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner Off Road
    If they need the numbers they will do all kinds of paperwork. Hopefully yours is in for a promotion spot.

13. Jan 11, 2013 at 6:50 PM
    MIAtaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Miami FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 tacoma base lifted
    I can only hope, especially in Miami they don't get too many that are qualified

14. Jan 11, 2013 at 7:39 PM
    ntilehman

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner Off Road
    HAHA. some not "legal"? Talk to the recruiter man. Prepare yourself for boot.

15. Jan 12, 2013 at 9:11 AM
    MIAtaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Miami FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 tacoma base lifted
    Not really a legal issue more of an background check issue or not smart enough to pass the asvab or a drug test. I'm trying to lose the weight I need also

Products Discussed in

To Top